RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Pomegranate 29-07-2007 08:41 PM

First off well done on considering getting help! Thats a great first step. I have been having the same problem as you, not knowing what to say to them. For me I have decided to spend some time writing what I feel down before I go and just say to them that I wasnt sure I could vocalise what I feel properly and then either hand them what I wrote or read it out depending on how brave I feel. I think you should tell them the truth and not leave bits out because that way they will be bestr able to help.
As for not being able to cut, maybe thats a good thing although I appreciate how frustrating it is (ok frustrating is not what I mean but the right word isnt coming, sorry). Keep talking in here or try the distractions page. I believe you can get through this!

l.e.g.o 29-07-2007 09:00 PM

thanks *hugs*

i need meds i think as starting with a counsellor now isnt going to work as moving away soon

Pomegranate 29-07-2007 09:04 PM

maybe they could arrange a counsellor where you are moving to?

l.e.g.o 29-07-2007 09:26 PM

thanks

i am sorting that but need something to get me through next two months

and i had counselling before and it didnt help that much

Pomegranate 29-07-2007 09:30 PM

thats understandable. I hope you go to the Dr about the meds and get some support. Please take care of yourself in the mean time. My PM box ia always open x

l.e.g.o 29-07-2007 09:35 PM

do you think they would offer me meds?

or would i have to see others?

Pomegranate 29-07-2007 09:52 PM

to be honest I really dont know. But I think there will be some people on here who have experience of getting meds from drs etc and would be able to give more educated advice than I can. I believe I have read in a couple of posts about Dr's prescribing meds and then referring but not sure, sorry. Maybe post in support or a different section and ask specifically?

putridangel 29-07-2007 10:27 PM

make me safe
take away all my......
just make me safe please

its all gotten too much
none of this is ever going to change
is it?
its just crap, thats all

Pomegranate 29-07-2007 10:29 PM

you're right it is all crap but it WILL get better. *makes putridangel safe* hope you're ok x

charcoalchild 29-07-2007 10:35 PM

This is never going to get any better.

I have nothing left to give. I have no fight there is no me left in me.

Pomegranate 29-07-2007 10:40 PM

*hugs charcoalchild* Stay safe so you will one day be able to get the 'you' back x

Accidentally Abstract 30-07-2007 01:13 AM

*Checks in for the forseeable future*

I have my last (ever) counselling appointment with my counsellor tomorrow.. >.<

emily.disenchanted 30-07-2007 08:54 AM

*hugs everyone*

l.e.g.o 30-07-2007 11:21 AM

went to doctors-never going back i hate her

what gives her the right to make me feel crap

Pomegranate 30-07-2007 12:44 PM

*hugs everyone* what happenned newlife?

l.e.g.o 30-07-2007 12:54 PM

she referred me to counsellor though i didnt want to but i was kind of forced to agree or it would have been a psychiatrist

then she made me feel bad cos i havent told my parents and says it makes it look like i dont love them

*cries*

im so sorry

bright.side.of.life 30-07-2007 01:03 PM

dont apologise sweety, youv done nowt wrong. your dr was way out of line to say that, not telling your parents doesnt mean you dont love them, it means your trying to protect them and yourself, its not something to feel bad about. *hugs* maybe counselling could help, its worth a try right? if not then maybe try a different dr. i hope you are ok, my pm is always open.

Pomegranate 30-07-2007 01:07 PM

I'm sorry newlife that sucks! Maybe the counsellor will be able to help though- it has to be worth a try right? Did you mention about meds to her?

l.e.g.o 30-07-2007 01:11 PM

i wish id never gone-i hate it

i didnt want to see a counsellor again as seen one before and it takes me ages to build up trust with someone and im leqaving here in two months-i wont be able to open up cos i cant

she just made me feel so crap

Pomegranate 30-07-2007 01:13 PM

did you tell her you were leaving? Maybe wait until you move if you really dont want to see a counsellor and go and see someone there. Or you could always ask for a second opinion- her word doesnt have to be final.