RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

DaisyStar 05-10-2008 06:07 PM

I've read 'Fight Club' but nothing else yet, planning to work my way through some more though.

Spoons 05-10-2008 06:11 PM

i would recommend survivor and invisible monsters, Survivor was the first chuck book i read and it made me go and buy all his other stuff. its just amazing.

DaisyStar 05-10-2008 06:25 PM

Awesome, I'll be sure to read them. Thanks for the recommendation

one_step_closer 06-10-2008 10:52 AM

Misery - Stephen King

Mysophobia 06-10-2008 01:13 PM

Ugly by Constance Briscoe.

Freedom Fighter 06-10-2008 09:01 PM

Cut - Patrica McCormick

linder surprise 06-10-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaisyStar (Post 1130427)
I'm currently reading 'Choke' by Chuck Palahnuik...well nearly finished, and I only started it yesterday.
Also part way through (re-reading) 'The Time Travellers Wife', can't remember who it's by though.

yeahhhhhhhh. choke is my favourite of all time. the film came out this week in america! i can't believe it. i am so scared of seeing it.
the time travelers' wife is super good aswelll. audrey niffenger or something like that.

Spoons 07-10-2008 01:44 AM

do you know when choke comes out in Uk?

Casper_Fading 07-10-2008 02:44 AM

The time travelers wife is briliant ^_^

I'm reading the Phoenix Endangered by Mercedes lackey and James Mallory and it's BRILLIANT!

Snuffles 07-10-2008 04:33 AM

Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult :)

Kira 07-10-2008 06:52 AM

mum bought brisngr for me, but havent started yet. already reading a bright red scream by marilee strong and thus spake zarathustra by freidrich neitche

GlitterGirl 07-10-2008 12:00 PM

I'm in the middle of a few books atm as I love to read but I like different genres so what book I pick up on any given day depends what kind of mood I'm in -

Jodi Picoult "Change of Heart" - Started this a while ago but I'm not far in. I've read all her books and I've just not got stuck into this one yet but I will!

Colin Bateman "Orpheus Rising" - Just got this at the weekend so I'm only a chapter or so in but Colin Bateman is one of my favourite authors and his books are always so funny and this one looks good so far.

Charlie Boorman "By Any Means" - I always have a travel book like this on the go. Really enjoyed Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman's Long Way Down and Long Way Round, so when I saw this one I thought I'd give it a go.

Sam Bourne "Final Reckoning" - I'm almost finished this one. Great read. Can't wait until I finish it to see how it ends.

nowhereman 07-10-2008 12:40 PM

I just finished Wolf Island by Darren Shan (I have a signed copy!) and now I'm reading Cut by Cathy Glass.

Devil Girl 07-10-2008 02:55 PM

I am still ploughing through Great Expectations but need to finish it and start Wuthering Heights as it needs to be read by next week :s...*crys* I hate university!

Also reading Me, Myself and Them By by Kurt Snyder, Raquel E. Gur, and Linda Wasmer Andrews

It is a book which gives one persons experience of schizophrenia, but also at the end of each chapter it gives some information about the disorder. I wouldn't say its an amazing book but does help you to understand a bit more about the illness...linking the factual, with the actual experience.

Useless Information 101 08-10-2008 06:19 AM

I finished "The Garden of Last Days" and I really liked it. I didn't think I was going to but the ending is very well written.
And noww, Im trying to read "The Fellowship of the Ring". Im on page 23 haha.

mesmerized. 08-10-2008 10:48 AM

I've just started 'My Cousin Rachel' by Daphne du Maurier. It's good so far =]
(Along with various less interesting books for uni!)

beautiful&dying 08-10-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kira (Post 1133913)
mum bought brisngr for me, but havent started yet. already reading a bright red scream by marilee strong and thus spake zarathustra by freidrich neitche

Love Nietzsche! Let me know what you think of this work of genius!
xxxxxxxxx

Pink Lemonade Fairy 09-10-2008 11:46 AM

I've just started reading 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold, I like so farrr:)

Morpheus 09-10-2008 04:44 PM

I'm reading Hemingway, For whom the bell tolls and cosa nostra by John Dickie.

mansonluvr5692 09-10-2008 07:11 PM

i'm currently reading 'the plague' by albert camus. it's really good. i'm almost finished, maybe 20 pages left. it was supposed to be read for a class and i was dreading it for a little bit, but once i got into it i decided that it's not that bad. :) (although i should've thought that from the start considering i like 'the stranger', which is by him too)