RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

~*forever_broken*~ 29-05-2008 05:33 PM

*snuggles everyone*

Glad to her it Blondie-Mom :-) Hope you had a good time in Santa Fe *hums 'Santa Fe' from the most amazing Disney movie ever, 'Newsies'*

Katch, am going to try and read up on your thread... assuming I don't pass out from exhaustion or jump off the psychology building out of pure despiration. Hope you're feeling a bit better ther, my lovely RYL Auntie.

Zowie, good luck hun, hope the meds helped.

Jo... extension... I am pretty sure I could get one from the one instructor (she's been really nice, bent over backward for me... this is my third attempt at her course as I withdrew the first two) but I feel bad asking:crying: As for the other two... Well, I've known about them most of the term so really it's my fault... Good lord, I'm such an idiot :crying:

*snuggles everyone again and then retreats to her corner, surrounded by her course work*

Love you all, stay safe please

~*forever_broken*~ 29-05-2008 05:34 PM

*snuggles Zowie* well thank God for that at least hun

dark_light 29-05-2008 05:47 PM

Ally i'd ask her anyway, sounds like you could do with a bit more time then you could just focus on the other 2? Its not your fault you're struggling x

*hugs katch*

Zowie i so glad the meds are working, keep going hon you are so strong and doing so well x

MammaMia 29-05-2008 06:39 PM

Keep going Zowie hun.

How are you doing Jo?

Ally, hope the papers are okay.

Susan, sounds like a wonderful time

Everyone else okay?

Me? I want to brek down in tears. :'(

Pomegranate 29-05-2008 06:49 PM

Glad your meds are working Zowie and hope you continue to feel better *hugs*

How are you doing Jo? Noticed you replying to everyone else but not seen about you, unless I missed it. Will go check your thread in a sec *hugs*

Katch, sweetie, take it easy yeah? I've replied to your thread but take care ok? *leaves more cuddles*

Well done BlondieBear! Glad you seem to be enjoying yourself xx

Lol, sorry Ally I know I shouldn't laugh but that thing about your Dad did. Hows the essay going? I'll trade you? Impact WWI had on mental illness with particular focus on shell shock and also Freud and the development of psychoanalysis? Sounds like you have got tons and tons of work though. I agree with Jo you should ask for an extension although I can understand why you don't want to. Either way take care of yourself yeah?

How you doing now Chloe? Sleeping well?

*pokes Jeremy and leaves hugs*

hey Helen!! (not ignoring you by leaving you till last, just easier since yours is the last post on the board). Why do you want to break down in tears? It's ok to cry *passes you a tissue* but I don't want you to be upset :(

*scatters more hugs and fairy dust*

BoundNoMore 29-05-2008 06:49 PM

aww Helen I'm sorry to hear you feel like that
*hugs*

MammaMia 29-05-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomegranate (Post 802259)
hey Helen!! (not ignoring you by leaving you till last, just easier since yours is the last post on the board). Why do you want to break down in tears? It's ok to cry *passes you a tissue* but I don't want you to be upset :(

Emmmmmmmm! Hehe you nut. Ah I wrote a long horrible post in my thread about why I want to cry. :crying: *has tissue* Hug too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bound by Thoughts (Post 802260)
aww Helen I'm sorry to hear you feel like that
*hugs*

*hugs* I don't think anyone really cares anymore....not like they used to. :blush: Or am I being stuipd yet again?

Pomegranate 29-05-2008 07:19 PM

*hugs Helen* of course x *goes to read thread*

~*forever_broken*~ 29-05-2008 07:20 PM

lol actually Emma, part of the reason I put that about my dad up was to give someone a laugh.

*snuggles everyone*

How stupid am I? TOTALLY missed a lecture as I was working on my paper due today... And didn't even notice! *bangs head against the wall*

MammaMia 29-05-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomegranate (Post 802336)
*hugs Helen* of course x *goes to read thread*

Thanks sweetie.

Ally, oh dear, bless you hun!!

Pomegranate 29-05-2008 07:29 PM

anyone wanna write 400 words for me on what treatments were used between 1918 and 1939 for treatment of mental illness and whether they were used because of experiences of WWI? No? No takers? Damnit.

MammaMia 29-05-2008 07:35 PM

Your essay sounds proper sucky Emma *snuggles*

zowie 29-05-2008 09:10 PM

Ugh, that essay sounds nasty Emma.
I've got loads of revision to do in two weeks, I'm going to fail so bad.

MammaMia 29-05-2008 10:22 PM

*hides under several blankets and cries badly*

effervescence 29-05-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomegranate (Post 802259)
How you doing now Chloe? Sleeping well?

LOL. emma dear, how you amuse me :hehe:
um, no! but that's ok, last day of lectures today and then i get weekend + 4 days of study leave and 1st final on friday! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. how are you?

The following content has been hidden - Reason : blah.....SI, being cautious
how can u go from being fine (well, relatively) to needing 7 bandages in one night? like, seriously!

ally gets a virtual rat? i want a virtual rat!! we had to go observe real ones pressing a lever....yay, how exciting that was.......
it does kinda amuse me about your dad just cos of the whole randomness of it. you can't be expected to be the supportive one all the time hun. it's ok to not be impressed.

how are we all today? i am off to read your thread katch as soon as ive checked my washing.

i think im in a slightly crazy mood today :hehe: :-D :-p

~*forever_broken*~ 29-05-2008 10:51 PM

*snuggles Helen, Emma, Alexx, Hana, Jo, Chloe, Jeremy, and anyone else she missed*

Sorry all, just a quick stop to say love you all and am thinking about you. I am finished with one paper, two more to go and my virtual rat (Chloe, my roommate likes it too because I sit there and yell at the rat 'Sniffy (their name for it, I am more creative) just press the lever' and when it comes time for extinction 'Sniffy, stay away from that lever, no, don't you dare!'

*curls up in her corner for a very brief nap... like close my eyes and then get up again*

MammaMia 29-05-2008 11:03 PM

*comes out*

Oh Allllly :D

*snuggles*

*resumes hiding*

effervescence 29-05-2008 11:04 PM

haha, my real rat was no good at extinction, she pressed the lever something like 1200 times in 16 minutes of a VR16 and EXT alternating schedule of one minute each.
it was INSANE.
all for a bit of condensed milk

Detour. Derail 29-05-2008 11:52 PM

v...irtual rats?
lever?
extinction and condensed milk?

I understand the words.
It's just not going in

Pomegranate 29-05-2008 11:52 PM

um...whats extinction?

Chloe, glad I make someone laugh :P Please take care of yourself there and enjoy your long weekend!!! xxxx

Ally...that thing sounds damn weird, is it like a robot rat? Good luck on your other work xx

*throws a cuddly toy at Helen* replied to your thread sweetie xxx

-------------

I HAVE FINISHED MY ESSSAAAAYYYY!!!! YYYYAAAAYYY!!! :) <----- that is a genuine smile for once too because I have no more essays now until October I don't think.