RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

MammaMia 10-10-2008 02:06 AM

I really do understand Soph. I'm feeling a bit isolated from my friends at the moment espically tonight. I haven't seen any of my old friends for a while, fallen out with some more, haven't seen all my uni friends for a few weeks aswell. Bit depressing really. *snuggles* Love you xxx

I hate struggling. But I still am. :( But anyway I'm going off to bed now, feeling dead sleepy yay.

So Emma, feel free to reply to my post to you in here or pm if you'd like. Love you darling.

All I'm Living For 10-10-2008 02:09 AM

goodnight hun *hugs*

Pomegranate 10-10-2008 02:17 AM

I understand wanting to see and be with friends and loved ones, Sophie. Hope you feel better soon x

Any kind of drink you like Hells, coffee or alcohol or we could go to Wetherspoons again and have dinner and alcohol or coffee OR all three! <----I'm liking the last plan. Can pick you up if you want but you will need to PM me your post code again. Don't text as it's too unreliable with my phone atm x

All I'm Living For 10-10-2008 02:26 AM

i'll be ok. only 4 weeks till the melbourne meet and i'll see some of my favouritest people then so that should help a bit :)

Kahlia1981 10-10-2008 12:28 PM

Thanks for the hugs guys. *hugs everyone*

I've spent most of the day with a friend. I cried infront of her ..... now I feel bad for letting myself show that I'm not doing so great.

We gave our other friend a present. He keeps acting gay and saying that he's a girl so we gave him his present wrapped in Barbie paper. I made some alterations to the paper last night so that it read "You're our "Barbie" Girl" and "You're our "Barbie" Princess". We also made an addition to the present .... we put in a little plate that had a picture of the four Disney princesses on it. Then we left it where his laptop normally sits as a nice surprise. We knew when he'd found it ... we both got a text at the same moment. He said it made his day.

I thought that might have lifted me .... but it didn't. And if that doesn't, then nothing will.

I'm sorry. I'm just checking in to say that I'm still here and still kicking. Now I'm going to go hide under the bed and start crying again.

*hugs everyone, then hides under the bed with 4 boxes of tissues*

shadowedseraph 10-10-2008 02:03 PM

*hugs Helen and Kahlia* sounds like there are some rough times going on out there in the ward, just to let you know that im here for you *hands out fuzzy blankets and boxes of extra soft tissues*

MammaMia 10-10-2008 02:19 PM

I am so glad I have fridays off now, and that me & mum went out today. Feeling okay at the moment, but knowing I've had a **** week. There's just no way I would have gotten through today without falling apart completly!!!

*sighs* Beginning to swing straight back to crap, cus today's just masked up those feelings..?

Gah, sent you a PM Emma about Sunday =D

shadowedseraph 10-10-2008 02:24 PM

*hugs Helen* but you have sunday to look forward to *offers you chocolate milk*

zowie 10-10-2008 03:01 PM

I'm going to a meet tomorrow! Yay! In Brighton!
Gonna get drunk tonight methinks. I might be hungover at the meet but I think I'll get enough sleep in. x

shadowedseraph 10-10-2008 03:18 PM

zowie thats cool :) Brighton is a fun place

MammaMia 10-10-2008 03:56 PM

Very true.

Hope tomororw is fab Zowie

shadowedseraph 10-10-2008 05:42 PM

*leaps on Helen and tickles her till she surrenders to giggles*

MammaMia 10-10-2008 06:36 PM

Thanks for that :P

I've just woken up form a 3 hour on/off nap, haha I feel even more **** physically and emotionally.

I wish this tension headache would **** off- 4 days old now =(

zowie 10-10-2008 06:37 PM

*Hugs Helen and offers pain killers and chocolate*

shadowedseraph 10-10-2008 07:28 PM

*gentle hugs for Helen and painkillers*

MammaMia 10-10-2008 07:42 PM

Ooooh chocoalate :) Wish this was real hehe =)

Painkillers don't touch my headaches :( Espically tension

Thanks for the hugs, have some in return :)

Dramatic 10-10-2008 08:21 PM

The painkillers you're taking probably aren't strong enough - you do become immune to some painkillers if you take them often for headaches, which stops them working.
Try a cold flannel on your forehead/neck. :)

You'll be OK Hells once Counselling is up and going. x

shadowedseraph 10-10-2008 08:23 PM

*hugs Helen and presses cold compresses on her*

*hugs dramatic and crowns her queen of good advice*

MammaMia 10-10-2008 08:30 PM

You're most likely right you know Laura. But I can't take strong painkillers haha, I'd take paracetomal, well the 500mg we do get sometimes, but after one of my od's, I cant stand taking them. Plus one time when I had strong painkillers for a toothache (which turned out to be an infection) made me throw up (well my mum thinks so).....

You really think sleep would help a headache wouldn't you? Hahahaha >.<

I'm in a mood to party and instead I'm at home hmmmm! Which is probs a good thing considering the state I'm in....

Dramatic 10-10-2008 09:10 PM

*Hugs Hells & ShadowedSeraph*

I'm not good with advice..i'm just an expert at taking painkillers as i've lived off them half my life!

In my opinion paracetamol is pants on it's own.
The best thing you can take for tension headaches is..a big jug of water! Honestly, although stress doesn't help headaches, dehydration is a big cause of headaches. And cold compresses help tremendously.

I'm on prescription painkillers which are extremely strong (they have codeine in), i have to take them for back problems, and although i take them for headaches..although they used to work, as i take them so often they only barely touch it now.

One of my friends who i worked with at my old job had a migraine, and she didn't have her migraine meds with her, so i gave her one of my prescription meds (not recommended but paracetamol wouldn't have done jack for her!) - i take two, but as she's so teeny i just gave her one - and within an hour she was jumping around the shop like a loon calling it the miracle pill!! hah.

But yeh..as i take them on a daily basis, you do become immune to them sadly, but they take enough pain away for me to not cry which is the main thing!!

So cold compresses and lots of water. *nod*
And ibuprofen for period pains *nods again*

Anyone wish to settle down with me and watch Pretty Woman that's on ITV2?!?
It's my favourite film :) As in..ever, along with Dirty Dancing *grins like a loon*