RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

nowhereman 04-06-2011 01:16 AM

I'm reading Dead Beautiful. I can't get enough of supernatural books. Next I'm going to read Darren Shan's Ocean of Blood. His books are always good.

emoskylady 04-06-2011 04:12 PM

I'm reading on two different books right now.
The Alchemist (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott
&
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks.

About halfway through The Lucky One, and so far its pretty good. Very classic Nicholas Sparks though (I.E: Guy who's been in the military and girl living in the south) but still pretty good so far.

And this is my second time reading The Alchemist, I'm rereading it before I start reading the next one in the series that I bought a couple months ago. They are pretty good also, but complicated if you aren't paying attention.

one_step_closer 06-06-2011 02:24 PM

Confessions of a GP - Benjamin Daniels.

Tig 07-06-2011 01:28 PM

I'm reading 'Codependent No More' by Melody Beattie

The War Doctor 08-06-2011 05:02 PM

Finished Sabbat Martyr by Dan Abnett. Pretty damn good, for a cheap, guts-n-glory sci-fi war novel. Very sad ending.

Currently reading the second-most influential and controversial book ever written (second only to the Bible), Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I loved The Fountainhead much more than I expected to, so I have high hopes for this book. It's well over 1000 pages long and weighs as much as a midsize car, so we'll see how long it takes to get through it.

one_step_closer 09-06-2011 12:06 PM

It's Your Time You're Wasting - Frank Chalk.

sazybel 11-06-2011 10:49 AM

finally reading the fry chronicles after getting it for my birthday :)

Athiri 11-06-2011 12:56 PM

Finished reading The Grapes of Wrath, which took a while to get into but the characters developed well and the story was intense. Now reading Watchmen, which so far is waaay superior to the film.

Grapefruit 11-06-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolving Door (Post 2830607)
I have just started The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - enjoying it so far but I'm only about 40 pages through it!

I finished this a few weeks ago and it's absolutely incredible, probably my favourite book!

I'm rereading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix once again :D

nowhereman 12-06-2011 02:45 AM

Just finished The Posion Garden by Sarah Singleton, starting Tithe by Holly Black now.

ImJustMe27 12-06-2011 03:32 AM

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
&
The Great Gatsby :)

Papillon 13-06-2011 06:29 PM

I'm reading the book thief (half way through and is getting a little draggy)
Red riding hood (havent seen the film but book isnt up to much)
and Grimms fairytales (love love love the grimms fairytales).
I'm reading other ones (my attention span is crap atm) but cant remember their names right now.

simka 13-06-2011 06:45 PM

just finished reading a book called Feed last night, not your average zombie book, very interesting and chock full of adventure and some scary moments.. there's a conspiracy too...

monket 13-06-2011 08:07 PM

Just finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and moved onto The Girl Who Played With Fire.

Good book overall, but there were a few things that irritated me. Mainly that the main character, Mikael Blomkvist is kind of a Mary Sue. He just seems to be good at everything and every woman wants to sleep with him. Unrealistic!

And secondly (and maybe it's just because I'm a something of a tattoo snob), for being such an 'alternative' and 'different' person, Lisbeth Salander has the MOST STEREOTYPICAL TATTOOS EVER. A dragon, a rose, and a chinese kanji? Really? It's one of those details that makes you remember that the author was a middle aged man with limited understanding of what alternative subculture is really like.

But enough complaining. It's still a pretty good book.

one_step_closer 16-06-2011 05:46 PM

The Analyst - John Katzenbach.

denyingbeauty 17-06-2011 05:47 PM

Im reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte....out of choice too. I love the old classics. I recently finished Waterland, I havent a clue who its by but it was recommended by my english teacher. I throughly enjoyed it.

fallen wings44 19-06-2011 04:45 AM

13 reasons why by jay asher

Leo Pard 19-06-2011 03:49 PM

Monket, I completely agree with you on the stereotypical tattoos front. I haven't read the book but you couldn't really get more stereotypical than that apart from having a "mum" tattoo really but even then, that's more chavvy.

Charmed 19-06-2011 08:17 PM

I havent finished it yet but i'm in the middle of Angelology by Danielle Trussoni, its a bit odd and not usually the sort of thing i read but its quite good!! Its slightly confusing at the start though and a little hard to get into but when you do its brilliant!!

I also just finished Plain Truth by Jodi piccoult :)

17minutes 19-06-2011 08:58 PM

Just finished Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. now reading Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini