RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

tamobhuuta 20-06-2023 04:32 PM

No more things!

Cacoethes 20-06-2023 04:39 PM

Well, at the end of the day, it is your choice!
But you're gonna feel **** tomorrow

long road 20-06-2023 04:59 PM

Did a 20 minute body scan meditation and it helped me realise quite how tired I am so going to try and nap for a bit. Sorry I wasn't listening. I think I already feel a bit **** but maybe if I am sensible it wil pass.

one_step_closer 20-06-2023 05:00 PM

Jen, you are being kind of naughty despite doing household things. You better rest and do no more big things today or I will come over and waggle my finger at you!

I'm so tired and feeling generally unwell with hay fever. Just want to get into comfy joggers and a jumper and get cosy but it's too hot for that. Gym group was ok though.

one_step_closer 20-06-2023 05:00 PM

Ninja.

No finger waggling needed then. Please look after yourself, Jen.

tamobhuuta 20-06-2023 05:07 PM

Hi osc. I'm glad gym group was ok. Shame about uncomfy weather :(

one_step_closer 20-06-2023 05:08 PM

Thanks, Tamo. How is your day going?

tamobhuuta 20-06-2023 05:57 PM

I'm ok. I think things have been improving the past few days, in some ways.

one_step_closer 20-06-2023 06:00 PM

Some improvements is really good, maybe they can't happen all at once but keep going.

Cacoethes 20-06-2023 06:19 PM

Improving is good!

Sorry i haven't been great at keeping up with all the happenings!
I am so so tired XD

one_step_closer 20-06-2023 06:47 PM

Something really needs to change with your sleep, Beckie. Unfortunately I don't have the answer as I don't get much sleep either and am tired too! Can you sit and relax at least?

long road 20-06-2023 06:58 PM

I napped successfully and feel better than earlier. Going to try not to do anything else today though.

Cacoethes 20-06-2023 07:15 PM

Yeah it really does! And soon!
I have glow beatz now, then shower when i get home and then i can rest!
Tomorrow all i have to do is go for my blood test, which is a pain though because it's in B.
And then glow beatz. So pretty chilled day.

That's good jen!

long road 20-06-2023 07:23 PM

Hope I wasn't rubbing in that I slept when you are super tired. Hope you get the better amount of sleep your body lets you have at least 6 hours.

one_step_closer 20-06-2023 08:09 PM

That's really good to hear, Jen.

That's a lot to do if you're really tired, Beckie. I hope you can sleep for longer tonight.

tamobhuuta 20-06-2023 08:41 PM

I'm off to bed. I hope everyone gets the sleep they need!

long road 20-06-2023 08:43 PM

Likewise for you Tamo!

I am watching someone try out butler school on you tube. It's is kind of mad.

Cacoethes 20-06-2023 09:09 PM

Not at all jen!
Always good to hear when people are getting rest when they need it :)

Thanks guys!
Back, showered and meds taken! Hopefully won't be long until I'll head off to bed!

Good night tamo! Sleep well!

That sounds very odd!

long road 20-06-2023 09:17 PM

Good I just wanted to check.

Hopefully you can get cosy in bed and get some good rest yourself.

It was very odd but fascinating. Now I am watching the same you tuber train with the secret service.

Cacoethes 20-06-2023 09:21 PM

I am absolutely exhausted so fingers crossed!
Though i have been saying that for many weeks XD

I'd absolutely love to train with the secret service! Just for the lolz.

long road 20-06-2023 09:47 PM

Special Agent Beckie!

You'd look good in the suit and sunglasses :cool:

Cacoethes 20-06-2023 09:53 PM

I'm sure that must have been a delusion of mine at some point XD
(Joking!)

Why thank you!
They'd have to be prescription sunglasses. Which takes the coolness off them somewhat.

I'm gonna head off to bed. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!

long road 20-06-2023 09:57 PM

XD

I wear prescription sunglasses. Does that make me uncool?

* Fingers and toes crossed * I really hope you get good sleep

Cacoethes 21-06-2023 06:35 AM

Nah, just if you're secret service!

Morning everyone!
I got 5 hours. Which is better than 3 i guess XD

tamobhuuta 21-06-2023 10:02 AM

Morning Cacoethes. I'm glad you got a *bit* of sleep! It took me longer than usual to get to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about my retreat in July. What are you up to today?

long road 21-06-2023 10:16 AM

Morning!

I mean it's an improvement. Still not great though, maybe tonight you will get another 2 and a half hours and make it to 8 hours?

I am rather groggy this morning, about to try dragging myself out if bed.

tamobhuuta 21-06-2023 10:48 AM

Take things gently today LR! Is there anything you have to do?

long road 21-06-2023 11:18 AM

Trying my best to be gentle. Need to get outside for daily sunlight, and do my physio including strengthening exercises.

I really ought to try contacting GP surgery but I might leave that until tomorrow as it's likely to be stressful and my GP doesn't work Wednesdays anyway.

And I have roleplaying this evening but it only a 2 and a half hour session. Not the game where we are trying to save the universe, but one where we are trying to start a revolution against an empire occupying part of our characters homeland. And although I really want to play, I can miss the session if I don't feel well enough.

So some stuff on but only a few things that have to be done today. And one that probably should be done sooner rather than later but can wait. Especially as I have no plans tomorrow but have roleplaying today.

tamobhuuta 21-06-2023 11:32 AM

I hope you enjoy the things you need to do.

Cacoethes 21-06-2023 11:35 AM

Honestly I'm so tired! I'm gonna try and call GP on Friday and see if they can give me zopiclone or something. Because promethazine and olanzapine are not cutting it!

Definitely take it easy jen!

I've just been for my blood test. I got home an hour earlier than predicted because they called me in immediately, even though it was packed! So i was able to get the earlier bus. With a couple of mins to spare!
Waiting for L now.

long road 21-06-2023 11:39 AM

Why wait until Friday, is calling tomorrow not an option? Hope they can give you something that will help even short term.

Well I only just got dressed so reckon I am going slow enough. Out to the garden in ten minutes or so.

Glad your blood test was low effort. And I hope you enjoy your time with L this afternoon

one_step_closer 21-06-2023 12:33 PM

Afternoon everyone. I hope you all have a good day with lots of nice things in it.

Seen my psychiatrist, don't know how I feel about him or the appointment but he's doubled my antipsychotic. He wants me to get more sleep so told me to take some of my meds at night. Just washed my hair and finally sat down. Just need to put out the bin(s) out and fill the bird feeders later on.

long road 21-06-2023 12:47 PM

Hey Lindsay,

Hope you can take it gentle this afternoon, I don't know about you but psych appointments and the like take a lot out of me. Its ok not to know how you feel about it yet. I will try and give a more detailed reply in serious later.

I have been outside and had my coffee. I came inside to pee and realised I was tired so now lying on my bed listening to music, then when have a little more cognitive focus will try and meditate.

Right better get off here so I rest. See you all soon xx

one_step_closer 21-06-2023 12:54 PM

Thanks, Jen.

Sounds like you have a sensible plan there. See you once you've rested. Will miss you!

tamobhuuta 21-06-2023 01:42 PM

People have been doing things!

one_step_closer 21-06-2023 01:56 PM

Yes! Have you been doing any things, Tamo?

tamobhuuta 21-06-2023 02:20 PM

I've been keeping on top of the dishes, done some reading and, of course, watched doctors.

Cacoethes 21-06-2023 03:10 PM

I'm too busy for a gp appointment tomorrow jen!
I actually may not be able to call on Friday either actually!
I'll be at my mum's until Saturday.

Hope everyone is doing ok!

long road 21-06-2023 03:36 PM

I spent all the time since I last posted lying in bed listening to music, and according to partner spent the last hour if it asleep. Feel a little better. Now just about to have a very later lunch of beans and cheese on toast.

Cacoethes 21-06-2023 03:37 PM

Excellent lunch choice

one_step_closer 21-06-2023 03:40 PM

Well done, Tamo. You were reading The Thursday Murder Club series, am I right? I saw the first one in a charity shop and thought of you so decided to buy it and give it a try. What are you reading now?

Is there no busy-ness you can rearrange, Beckie?

I'm glad you feel a little better, Jen. I approve of your lunch choice very much!

long road 21-06-2023 04:06 PM

It was a top tier lunch. I really enjoyed it.

I agree with Lindsay that if you can rearrange some busyness it might be a good idea Beckie. You need sleep! Not sleeping makes all parts of life harder.

Not sure what my plan is now maybe wattch TV. Maybe rest not sure

Cacoethes 21-06-2023 04:12 PM

Nope, it is non negotiable busy-ness.
2 appointments. One i will get charged for if i cancel now, one I've been waiting for for 3 weeks and I'm excited about it, then going straight to my mum's after that.
So unless they could guarantee I'd get a call/be seen before 10am, it's not going to be possible.
I could still call on Friday, but wouldn't be able to attend the surgery. Idk if they'll want to prescribe sleeping pills over the phone.

Either of those sound like decent options!

tamobhuuta 21-06-2023 04:19 PM

Today I'm reading mount carmel, a magazine.

I'm glad you're feeling better LR.

Did you get a gp appointment Cacoethes?

How are you osc?

one_step_closer 21-06-2023 04:34 PM

Maybe you can do both, Jen.

Beckie!!! I am frustrated with you and your busy-ness! :-p How is next week looking? A little free slot?

Are you enjoying your magazine, Tamo? I find magazines harder to read than books.

I'm not at my best today.

Cacoethes 21-06-2023 05:25 PM

No, you have to call on the day and I'm busy until probably Wednesday.
It's cool. I've survived this long, can go another week or so!

long road 21-06-2023 05:32 PM

I rested a bit more and just got up to watch TV now. In quite a bit of pain, have taken ibuprofen and done some heat therapy and cold therapy. Hoping I will be able to roleplay tonight. Done some stretches but not sure I can manage my strengthening exercises.

one_step_closer 21-06-2023 05:35 PM

What about a call to your CPN, if this hasn't been asked before?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can manage role play later, Jen.

Cacoethes 21-06-2023 06:05 PM

Just do what you need to jen!

Yeah i could give cpn a go

long road 21-06-2023 06:33 PM

I'm trying.

I think CPN would be a good idea to try. If he isn't helpful you can always try GP later.