RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 10-05-2023 10:31 PM

Burning dinner is heartbreaking though!
My oven has been doing its own thing recently so i have to keep a ridiculously close eye on things.
Eg. In for 18 mins, I'll have to check it from 10 mins. Because in the space of a minute, it may have burned to a crisp. But not always.
It makes cooking stressful.

At least you're able to do a bit. But rest if you need to!

Pi.R^2 10-05-2023 10:43 PM

Sympathy for your dinner fiasco Jen!!

maii 10-05-2023 10:47 PM

I"ll back out and avoid this thread as it would appear I'm encroaching upon others conversations and space by 'butting in'.

Be well ... Trisha

Pi.R^2 10-05-2023 10:49 PM

Oh no, not at all! Sorry if your posts got missed; it's a bit busy sometimes and I know I only had time to read the last few posts today before I posted but you're always welcome :)

maii 10-05-2023 11:05 PM

Thanks, Jenna, I appreciate you took the time and I didn't want to but in when I realize people know each other well here. I just wish the best for all and will continue to post then. Today was OK, I guess. You?

long road 10-05-2023 11:19 PM

Thanks for the dinner sympathy. Even though it feels somewhat moot as I had to be dramatic to enlicit it XD

Didn't mean to be exclusionary Trisha, feel free to join in with any of our randomness, all are welcome here! I have known some people a long time and others not that long at all. Also although I joined in 2010 I disappeared in 2015 and only came back properly beginning of this year.

I did notice you often post later at night when most of the UK people who populate the thread have gone /are about to go to bed so it's not you being ignored just people going to sleeps and then as it's a distraction chat thread things tend to restart in the mornings.

Are you in the UK or another timezone?

maii 10-05-2023 11:55 PM

Oh thank you and I'm in the USA North East so I've seen other saying they are going to bed and I understand that. I hope you're ok @long road

maii 10-05-2023 11:57 PM

I usually go to bed about 10:30 and I know others are getting up at that time. I enjoyed a ginger tea today and it was (at least) quite quiet for a change around here where I reside (for now). .

long road 11-05-2023 12:08 AM

I am in th south west UK but tend to be a bit more of a night owl. What's the weather like in North East US? Has it got warm yet? It is warmish here but pretty wet at the moment.

Ginger tea sounds tasty. I like lemon and ginger tea with a touch of honey.

Hope it stays quiet for you with no troublesome neighbours!

Ahimsa 11-05-2023 01:03 AM

Ginger tea sounds yummy, I have had lemon and ginger but never ginger by itself.

Hope you're doing okay. How has your day been?

maii 11-05-2023 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by long road (Post 4350526)
I am in th south west UK but tend to be a bit more of a night owl. What's the weather like in North East US? Has it got warm yet? It is warmish here but pretty wet at the moment.

Ginger tea sounds tasty. I like lemon and ginger tea with a touch of honey.

Hope it stays quiet for you with no troublesome neighbours!

Its a little after 8 PM here and the weather is nice still in the 60's and it is getting warm. Yeah, I guess it rains a lot over there, been dry here. Thanks the tea really helps, and yeah, hope the music doesn't start - I can deal with music and TV - but not with too much bass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahimsa (Post 4350529)
Ginger tea sounds yummy, I have had lemon and ginger but never ginger by itself.

Hope you're doing okay. How has your day been?

I usually use honey in my tea and with lemon sounds great and thank you, today was better and I wish you well and you folks sleep well over there.

long road 11-05-2023 02:02 AM

We actually had a pretty dry February and March. But there's been a fair bit of rain in April and May. Guess we are living up to the stereotype!

Glad today was better. I should be sleeping but instead I am binge watching the Australian version of the Traitors, having previously binged the UK and US format. Its a bit of a guilty pleasure TV show, not good quality but draws you in!

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 06:26 AM

Morning everyone!

Why does my text look really small when I'm typing?
This is weird

Zurg 11-05-2023 08:09 AM

Morning Beckie :)
Have you put on your glasses??? XD

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 08:12 AM

Morning!

If I'm not asleep, i always have to have my glasses on. I can't see **** without them XD
I think my phone settings may randomly have changed. Does happen.

Anyway...how are you?

Looks like it's going to be a lovely day out there today!

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 10:00 AM

Morning guys :) how are you?

Zurg 11-05-2023 10:07 AM

Morning Tamo :)

I'm okay. I hope….

Are you guys up to any shenanigans today??

How odd that your phone changes its settings at random, Beckie. A troll phone!!

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 10:14 AM

I have very exciting plans. I am going to make a list of toiletries I need. You?

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 10:19 AM

Morning both!

I'm ok

Don't have many plans.
Been to asda, need to clean the boys out, have a delivery and taekwondo this evening.
And someone is brining my meds at some point.
It's so lovely and warm, i didn't even need a hoodie! Just a t shirt!

It is weird. It is a troll phone!

You up to much today zurg?

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 10:37 AM

You achieve so much! I've had a hairwash. I'm currently wearing a t shirt, a jumper and an oodie. Oh and a woofly blanket.

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 10:46 AM

Only 2 of those things are outside things (asda and taekwondo) and cage clean is an indoor thing but is hard work so it counts.
Waiting in for meds and a parcel don't count as things because I'm literally just sitting here and waiting. Lol.

Are you cold then? Lol!
Other people were wearing jackets when i was out but i was boiling!
Maybe it's just me! The sun is out though

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 10:48 AM

A bit chilly! We've got some blue sky here but mostly it's white puffy clouds.

Zurg 11-05-2023 11:20 AM

I had booked a laundry slot but i've changed it due to having a bad day today. I only have one thing i really should get done today and that is cleaning out Findus' litter box and all the things that go with that. Such a hoovering the flat :(

It's warm here too. Findus has discovered that being on the balcony is fun!!! I need to put up some fence net-thingy on the egde of my balcony. He is a big bunny and he could easily jump over the egde if he wants to. We live next to a busy road so i really don't want that to happen. I'm quite certain i'm not allowed to put anything like that up but i am tactically just not asking permission….!!!

I love buying toiletries!!! But i always end up ordering hair dye too…. Even though i solemnly swear i shall not continue to dye my hair….

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 11:44 AM

What colour do you like your hair?

long road 11-05-2023 12:24 PM

I was going to go outside it was lovely sunshine and then just as I put my shoes on it started raining, that was a hour ago and it hasn't stopped yet!

Instead I am binge watching some more of the Traitors Australia

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 12:25 PM

I've just cleaned out the boys and was sweating!
I've opened the upstairs windows.
They are napping now because being cleaned out is exhausting apparently..

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission zurg :tongue2:
Pretty sure how that's the saying goes...
And we don't want findus accidentally yeeting himself off a balcony!

Oh no jen!
Hope it doesn't make its way over here!

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 01:08 PM

It's so sunny here now, I've hung my washing on the line instead of using the dryer.

one_step_closer 11-05-2023 01:20 PM

Hey everyone, have read everything but as usual there's too much for me to reply to! We all really have become chatterboxes.

I hope you all have a good day.

It's dull and warm here.

I hope it stays dry for your washing, Tamo.

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 01:23 PM

Me too! What are you up to?

aceisinrecovery 11-05-2023 01:23 PM

hi everyone, good morning ☺️

one_step_closer 11-05-2023 01:28 PM

I've moved my clothes dryer to my spare room because I have a gas check tomorrow and the clothes dryer is usually in the box room with the boiler. Cleaned the bathroom and put a washing on. Nothing else major to do. Will need to be up at 8am tomorrow, I hope the gas people don't come when I'm getting dressed or something!

Are you doing much, Tamo?

Hi Ace, how are you? Are you doing anything exciting today?

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 01:31 PM

Hey!
Just had random cmht person come to review me or something.
Not a new cpn, still not sure who she is XD

aceisinrecovery 11-05-2023 01:33 PM

i’m feeling alright! making breakfast for myself, just waiting for my biscuits to get out of the oven lol. i’m just spending the day with my grandma! gonna play a board game or two and i think i’m grabbing dinner with my dad tonight.
what about you, lindsay?

aceisinrecovery 11-05-2023 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacoethes (Post 4350561)
Hey!
Just had random cmht person come to review me or something.
Not a new cpn, still not sure who she is XD

good luck with that and good morning :)

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 01:43 PM

Sounds like a nice day ace?

I'm all prepped to watch doctors.

aceisinrecovery 11-05-2023 01:56 PM

yes tamo ! i think it will be.

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 02:12 PM

Thanks ace!
It's 2pm here but good morning to you too! Lol
Hope you have a lovely day!

Enjoy doctors tamo!

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 02:24 PM

Watched doctors. Had to bring in washing halfway through when it started raining. Thank goodness for pause :)

The Worst Witch 11-05-2023 02:27 PM

Afternoon everyone

After 2 days of being busy and waking up early, I didn’t wake up til 1.45 today. Oops!

Thank goodness for pause indeed tamo! You’d have either missed it, or got wer washing!

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 02:42 PM

Woops!

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 02:46 PM

Sounds like you needed a good rest alison!

The Worst Witch 11-05-2023 03:04 PM

I did, I was shattered last night.

What are we all up to? I’m about to have something to eat and then tidy my flat

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 03:25 PM

I'm just chilling until taekwondo later.
May have a coffee, even though I'm running dangerously low of coffee!

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 03:31 PM

I'm glad you've had a rest WW.

Right now I'm having a cup of tea with my dad.

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 03:47 PM

Enjoy your tea!

I've just realised my bus pass runs out on june 30th.
I thought it ran out on the 10th, so that was a nice surprise!
Can't apply for another one after it runs out so no more free bus travel :'(

tamobhuuta 11-05-2023 03:59 PM

Aw shame.

not_so_insig 11-05-2023 04:11 PM

If you receive enhanced mobility pip you are automatically entitled to a free bus pass Beckie. I dont know if that applies to you but I thought that I would point it out.

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 04:28 PM

I think i am on enhanced. But on the drop down list, it specifies reduced mobility as difficulty walking, which I do not have.

one_step_closer 11-05-2023 04:43 PM

Maybe it's changed but I'm sure before I was on enhanced I got a bus pass because I needed to use it to get to appointments. Someone applied for it for me.

What happened with the random CMHT person, Beckie? They must have come for a reason!

I hope you're enjoying your day, Ace.

That's a shame about your washing, Tamo. Did you get it in before it got too wet?

I'm glad you caught up with some sleep, Alison. How's the rest of your day going?

Cacoethes 11-05-2023 05:04 PM

Idk. You get a lot more free stuff in Scotland and Wales than you do England though!

They will have come for a reason, but i don't know what it was!
I have a medical review on the 1st now though

Have you been up to much today lindsay?