RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   thinking of changing my username (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96540)

Feel_Good_inc. 08-05-2009 04:54 PM

thinking of changing my username
 
It's sat on my mind for a little while now.
I'm not the person I was when I first came to RYL. The person that took the name of englishwitch has gone and has changed so much over the last few years and I do feel that I am a different person now.
I'm not the person that englishwitch was when he first came here to RYL. Maybe since I'm a different person I should try a new name.

A lot of people on the site choose a username that tells soemthing about themselves and their feelings when they come onto the site. When those feelings change, when the name no longer reflects the personality, the time comes to update that name.

I haven't given much thoguht to a new name and I'm open to suggesstions since a username is effectively a nickname and nicknames are given by the people who know and like you.

I've got a couple of ideas on the top of my head though:

Adam86
(since that's my name and the year I was born)

Aging_Veteran
(since I often find myself to be one of the oldest members talking on the board)

Feel_Good

(after the Gorillaz track. I like it.):eyeroll:

OK-Now

(since I pretty much am. more or less)


Well it took me a few minutes to think of those but they are my immediate options.

What do you all think?

Rawrk 08-05-2009 05:22 PM

I don't really like any of them, personally. I like your original one, but if you want to change it then go for it.

Edit; I also lack imagination to give you a nice one.

Popple 08-05-2009 05:27 PM

Penguin Poo

Lou Lou 08-05-2009 05:55 PM

I like Englishwitch....just to stubborn.

And you're not old...I, too, will be 23 in a month and it is not old damn it!!!
:p

Katiee 08-05-2009 06:09 PM

ooo umm I like the 3rd one. (:

__T 08-05-2009 06:10 PM

I have a suggestion, since your name's Adam...

A-Team

Caru y Nos 08-05-2009 06:28 PM

I don't like any of them either, we love you how you areeeee. :-p

Damn bat!

Feel_Good_inc. 08-05-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawrk (Post 1604464)
I don't really like any of them, personally. I like your original one, but if you want to change it then go for it.

Edit; I also lack imagination to give you a nice one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou Lou (Post 1604553)
I like Englishwitch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caru y Nos (Post 1604640)
I don't like any of them either, we love you how you areeeee. :-p


:ermm: so everyone else can change their name but me? :tongue2:

Asi 08-05-2009 07:44 PM

I think englishwitch is better than any of those names.
But out of the four, I prefer Feel_Good

Popple 08-05-2009 07:45 PM

Don't change it adam it confuses me when people change their names >.<

sherlock holmes 08-05-2009 08:15 PM

Dont change!

Or just simply go for Adam.

I.Heart.And 08-05-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by control freak (Post 1604829)
Dont change!

Or just simply go for Adam.


Damnation. 08-05-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Pixie (Post 1604480)
Penguin Poo


Caru y Nos 08-05-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishwitch (Post 1604757)
:ermm: so everyone else can change their name but me? :tongue2:

Yes, you've got the general idea of things. ;)

Tuesday 08-05-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asi (Post 1604776)
I think englishwitch is better than any of those names.
But out of the four, I prefer Feel_Good

yup.

Steel Magnolia 08-05-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Pixie (Post 1604480)
Penguin Poo

Please please please pick thissss! Loads more people will read your lists cause theyve gotten a laugh from the name.

(my mother is staring at me oddly cause I randomly burst out laughing...)

Feel_Good_inc. 08-05-2009 11:49 PM

I am not going to be penguin poo.
people already mistake me for a girl as it is. I don't need a MORE feminine sounding name.

Steel Magnolia 08-05-2009 11:56 PM

How about pinkflowerynailpolish then? I dunno. If I hadddd to pick, I think Feel Good - its nice and positive. Itd make a nice change to depressing names... Youll always be englishwitch (female) to me :)

Feel_Good_inc. 08-05-2009 11:58 PM

*headdesk* NOT A FEMALE!!!

The War Doctor 08-05-2009 11:59 PM

Adam86 is a little unimaginative. But I won't suggest Penguin Poo (brilliant though it would undoubtedly be)... Feel_Good is the best out of those four.

Steel Magnolia 08-05-2009 11:59 PM

Awh *squishes* I know youre not. I just find the whole concept of it and peoples misunderstanding and your frustration highly amusing. :P

The War Doctor 09-05-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishwitch (Post 1605447)
*headdesk* NOT A FEMALE!!!

I remember my surprise when I first realised this. You do realise you'll be depriving future RYLers that sudden moment of revelation?

Feel_Good_inc. 09-05-2009 12:01 AM

Maybe that should be my username.

!Not_A_Female!

Steel Magnolia 09-05-2009 12:02 AM

^^ Thatd be pretty cool too...

Steel Magnolia 09-05-2009 12:07 AM

^^ Best suggestion so far.

Feel_Good_inc. 09-05-2009 12:11 AM

sounds like a superhero Tim Burton would think up

Steel Magnolia 09-05-2009 12:12 AM

If you were a superhero what would you be called?

Feel_Good_inc. 09-05-2009 12:21 AM

I dunno. I think i'd either want to fly, or turn invisible (the classic choices)
so if i could turn invisible I'd be Ghost. or something like that.

Casper_Fading 09-05-2009 12:22 AM

JessRocksAdamsSocks!

DOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel_Good_inc. 09-05-2009 12:25 AM

ooh tempting

Lou Lou 09-05-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishwitch (Post 1605456)
Maybe that should be my username.

!Not_A_Female!

Oh I like this one :)

Casper_Fading 09-05-2009 12:47 AM

Dooo itttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!

ravynsoul 09-05-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everybody's Grudge (Post 1605454)
I remember my surprise when I first realised this. You do realise you'll be depriving future RYLers that sudden moment of revelation?

lol! I was definitely confused by that too.

Stress Free Anxiety 09-05-2009 02:17 AM

Oh the days I when I, too though Adam was a girl. That's the best part of you being Englishwitch - the gender confusion that come from it. We established members are in on it, but seriously there's nothing funnier than the sudden realization that you're male by new members (because we've all been there :p)

Buuuuuut if you haaaaaave to change it - feel_good is the best. Oooo, maybe just go Feel Good Inc. and give in to the Gorillaz goodness :)

Freedom Fighter 09-05-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessiwuzzle Lives (Post 1605510)
JessRocksAdamsSocks!

but you rock my socks

Damnation. 09-05-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishwitch (Post 1605447)
*headdesk* NOT A FEMALE!!!

Totally never once thought you were a girl!

...Honest! <_<;

Popple 09-05-2009 11:04 AM

You are a girl! *sulks* If I don't acknowledge your manliness then I was never wrong!

Feel_Good_inc. 09-05-2009 11:07 AM

come for a visit and I'll show you how much of a 'girl' I am.

Steel Magnolia 09-05-2009 12:17 PM

Yay! That was a real fast username change!

Lou Lou 09-05-2009 12:48 PM

as in Dr.?

Caru y Nos 09-05-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter (Post 1605688)
but you rock my socks

Jess rock's everyone's socks. Damn bat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishwitch (Post 1606014)
come for a visit and I'll show you how much of a 'girl' I am.

Can I instead? I'll relay the message back onto Kathryn. *Nods*


p.s.
I'm not gay, I swear... just very very open about things. >.>

Lucius. 09-05-2009 02:05 PM

^ You keep telling yourself that =P

You should have gone for EnglishWizard! I like Feel_Good, though; it's nice and positive =]

Caru y Nos 09-05-2009 02:30 PM

^ I should have known you'd be around to comment. :-p

Casper_Fading 09-05-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caru y Nos (Post 1606336)
Jess rock's everyone's socks.

Yes, yes I do :-D

Lucius. 09-05-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caru y Nos (Post 1606404)
^ I should have known you'd be around to comment. :-p

Damn right! And you love me for it =P

Caru y Nos 09-05-2009 03:14 PM

^ Shush you! ;)

Anyways, how am I meant to have fun seeing posts where people think you're female, Adam? :/

Feel_Good_inc. 09-05-2009 03:33 PM

I'm sure you'll find something else to amuse you. Something nice and shiny no doubt

Caru y Nos 09-05-2009 03:57 PM

*Pushes shiny DVD disks to the side*

I may do, eventually. >.>

Silver Phoenix 09-05-2009 04:10 PM

Oooh Shiny :)

Dreamer And Believer 09-05-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caru y Nos (Post 1606336)
Jess rock's everyone's socks. Damn bat!


Can I instead? I'll relay the message back onto Kathryn. *Nods*


p.s.
I'm not gay, I swear... just very very open about things. >.>


first thing that made me smile this morning, so thanks.:thumbup:

and I like the new name adam! good choice.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.