RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Adult - Female Masturbation (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90119)

extreme turbulance 21-03-2009 06:43 PM

Adult - Female Masturbation
 
okay so a lot of women do it but its not widely spoken of. Why is there such a taboo around the subject? Is it because men think that women shouldnt be able to get sexual pleasure without them?

And how come its ok for boys to sit in a lesson and say it but not girls?

Thoughts please

Dreamofunity 21-03-2009 07:45 PM

I've had a lot of female friend openly talk about masturbating.

Puppet Strings 21-03-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

And how come its ok for boys to sit in a lesson and say it but not girls?
Huh?

I wouldn't say there is that big of a taboo about it, just that it's not seen as more common or frequent for girls to masturbate than it is for guys. Plus, guys are associated more with being sex obsessed, etc, and so masturbation is going to come under that.

something vague 21-03-2009 10:21 PM

ew i hate the word masturbate. WANK.

Narcissism 21-03-2009 10:50 PM

Because woman have class and the ability to not talk about wanking in everyday conversation.

Ratatouille strychnine 21-03-2009 10:53 PM

I see no taboo about it. I think it's fantastic. It should be encouraged.

Rodolphus 21-03-2009 10:55 PM

I'm not one to talk openly about it...

But I get embarrassed veeeery easily. *blushes*

lasting 21-03-2009 11:04 PM

yeah, i remember last year playing "i never" some guy said to drink if you've masturbated before and all the girls acted like it was this hugely embarassing dirty thing, while all the boys just drank without shame.... i was just like, uhh, i'm not going to be the only one who admits to it, but i do think it's silly to act like there's something wrong with it.

it's a perfectly natural, human thing. there's nothing wrong with it, but i guess it's more acceptable in society for men to openly discuss it.

Life and Lies 22-03-2009 12:03 AM

i know my female friends wouldn't admit to it, and i have never brought it up, but I have no problem admitting to guys that I masturbate

I remember a paticularly random conversation in the back of my RE class, with me and my best (gay guy) friend, talking about who we think about when we do

I dont really like the word masturbate either, but wanking is a guy word and fingering is just not right =/

so... as a female... I am not afraid to admit... I LIKE TOUCHING MYSELF!!

Field Of Paper Flowers 22-03-2009 01:21 AM

Men like to gossip about it with one another. Look at Two Pints Of Lager & A Packet Of Crisps! The two lads discuss the many ways they've masterbated. It's just what men do.

Masterbation is healthy, especially for men! If men don't masterbate it means their sperm can't be "released" so that more can be produced.

But I think more women are beginning to be open about masterbation. Or at least they should do! What men can say they can have multiple orgasms? ;)

linder surprise 22-03-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life and Lies (Post 1502275)
fingering is just not right =/

the word fingering makes me cringe so muchhhhhhhhh.


i think it is no biggie. generally i wouldn't really tell anybody i did it because it is none of their business unless it was like a friend or i wanted to tell somebody but idk because surely it's just a given. everybody i know male or female masturbates and i will easily assume somebody masturbates just like i assume that people poo & fart, even if they don't talk about it or i don't see them doing it.

shadow-light 22-03-2009 01:26 AM

...


I've never done it... nor thought about it really... my boyfriend thinks this makes me a freak...



I think its basically that people expect men to be more sexually charged than women,,,

Field Of Paper Flowers 22-03-2009 01:30 AM

You aren't a freak for not doing it. You just don't want to do it, which is fair enough.

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Adult

I tell you what isn't appropriate? A girl in my class at uni asking "Just to get to know people, who's put something up their bum here?" and then moving on to say "Anyone done anal sex? Oh I love it!"


The hidden stuff above I feel is private.

rockaroni 22-03-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linder surprise (Post 1502416)
the word fingering makes me cringe so muchhhhhhhhh.

Agreed.

Maybe I just have a very open group of friends but I'm not ashamed to say I masturbate, and neither are any of them, male or female. And it comes up in conversation from time to time, no big deal. Besides- how often do girls end up in conversations about vibrators? Does that not technically count as masturbating, as such? It's self pleasure at the end of the day...

Field Of Paper Flowers 22-03-2009 01:56 AM

I talk to two of my best friends about it but the other one isn't into it so I don't bother. I remember telling her I was thinking about doing it and she was like "Oh... Okay..." lol.

Nicholas 22-03-2009 02:01 AM

I think, fair enough to talk about it if it comes up in conversation between people who're more than just strangers to you.

I personally don't like to discuss it in too much detail considering...preferences I guess...It feels personal, almost like s/h does...I don't really know how to put it but...

It's very, VERY hard for me to think about people I know(or people in general to be honest) in a sexual way, I feel this strange mixture of guilt, shame, impolitness and self-disgust (And so on) if I try.

The weird thing is I'm very much open about having a thing about male homoeroticism(I go for the fluff, not the sex about 90% of the time, contary to popular beliefe), but when it comes anywhere close to me or reality...
Ehehehe...

Out of curiosity, when did people start (masturbating, and being sexually aware - fantasies and such)?

Dreamofunity 22-03-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life and Lies (Post 1502275)
so... as a female... I am not afraid to admit... I LIKE TOUCHING MYSELF!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTneO6UgRuM[/ame]

KittenEyes 22-03-2009 07:25 AM

Hmm. Weird. Well, I know I have SOME girly friends who don't do it, or RARELY do it, which is kind of obvious to me because they are very tight, sexually frustrated people. Hmm, maybe there's a connection?

I masterbate a lot for a girl I guess... Or maybe not. I don't really know, but I do it whenever I feel like it! I did it a lot more when I was a virgin, and now it's just not nearly as good as sex so I don't do it as often, lol.

tigris 22-03-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

I did it a lot more when I was a virgin, and now it's just not nearly as good as sex so I don't do it as often, lol.
I did it more when I was sexually fustrated/ had never had sex... now not so much. <!-- / message -->

extreme turbulance 22-03-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas (Post 1502463)
Out of curiosity, when did people start (masturbating, and being sexually aware - fantasies and such)?

i went through pretty precocious puberty so i was fully developed by around the age of 10 so probably started around that time. i found it tough because all of my school friends were still very much little girls who were still squirming at the thought of sex so i felt pretty alone. it was around this time that i also began to seriously suspect i was a lesbian as well.

shadow-light 22-03-2009 01:02 PM

*is starting to feel like a freak* lol

never done it... I went to an ann summers party last year and was scared of the vibrators...

Field Of Paper Flowers 22-03-2009 03:10 PM

Awww bless yah! *pets*

No one should feel like a freak whether they masterbate or not. It's healthy to or not to. ;)

Lol some women do it for a job as vibrator testers. =P

Crumple... 22-03-2009 03:21 PM

Oh my.. it's not something I talk about, in conversation. I'd be too embarrassed, and that's fine. Plus.. the subject just never comes up, lol.
I only really do it when my guy and I haven't bumped uglies in a while, though.

Offt :#

SweetLemonSour 22-03-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow-light (Post 1502917)
*is starting to feel like a freak* lol

never done it... I went to an ann summers party last year and was scared of the vibrators...

dont feel like a freak, vibrators do seem pretty scary
>.<

PropheticStar 22-03-2009 03:33 PM

I've never found it a problem. Me and my closest friends are always talking about it. We discuss how good it was, what we were listening too, embarrassing incidences (Like when my friend got over excited and broke her rabbit with her ladyparts). I don't find it taboo at all, and it's been a long time since I have talked about it with someone and they've been awkward about it. It's perfectly natural and fun, so why should it be a big secret.

lower than myself 22-03-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigris (Post 1502731)
I did it more when I was sexually fustrated/ had never had sex... now not so much. <!-- / message -->

Same.

Queen Crabbit 22-03-2009 03:36 PM

My friends and I go to Ann Summers together to try out the vibes on our noses. And then to the sex shops after to get the same vibes cheaper. We've had dildo fights before, too. It doesn't even register to me that people could be weird about it.

Would be interesting to see how old the people who are uncomfortable with it, as opposed to the age of the people comfy with it. I definatly wasn't this comfortable with or open about sex when I was 14-16, for instance.

extreme turbulance 22-03-2009 03:50 PM

well im 16 and me and my friends sit around and just in our small group talk about it quite openly. we go to ann summers and browse together and I am even going to give my old vibrater (its broken coz the batterys leaked and buggered it up) to one of my mates so she can stretch herself for when her bf comes over in the summer.

shadow-light 22-03-2009 03:55 PM

stretch herself????

Ranger Fairy 22-03-2009 03:56 PM

I do it when sex isn't abvailble lol, its a natural human thing to need to release sexual tension.

xxx

BlindSpot. 22-03-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme turbulance (Post 1503203)
I am even going to give my old vibrater (its broken coz the batterys leaked and buggered it up) to one of my mates so she can stretch herself for when her bf comes over in the summer.

Really?

It doesn't bother me discussing it if it comes up in conversation but i don't generally start the conversation!

Ali xox

extreme turbulance 22-03-2009 03:59 PM

yeah, shes a virgin and her boyfriend has a really big penis so she doesnt want it to hurt!

what_the? 22-03-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme turbulance (Post 1503203)
well im 16 and me and my friends sit around and just in our small group talk about it quite openly. we go to ann summers and browse together and I am even going to give my old vibrater (its broken coz the batterys leaked and buggered it up) to one of my mates so she can stretch herself for when her bf comes over in the summer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindSpot. (Post 1503217)
Really?


Queen Crabbit 22-03-2009 04:00 PM

To be honest she's probably off getting her own, starter, thing.
And using lots of lube.

There are a lot of vibrators out there made specially for people with less experience etc.

sherlock holmes 22-03-2009 04:02 PM

I dont talk about it openly, but I assume most females masturbate.

Most of my friends are religious and I wouldnt feel comfortable talking about it with them.

BlindSpot. 22-03-2009 04:03 PM

I agree with Chels, or just taking it slow with her boyfriend!
It doesn't always hurt anyway.
I'd just always use my own, even if it had been cleaned (especially if it may have battery acid or something on it)

shadow-light 22-03-2009 04:06 PM

my boyfriend is finding my amazement/disturbedness at this thread hilarious :/

extreme turbulance 22-03-2009 04:16 PM

sorry shadow-light. i didnt mean any harm.

squirrelspit 22-03-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme turbulance (Post 1503203)
well im 16 and me and my friends sit around and just in our small group talk about it quite openly. we go to ann summers and browse together and I am even going to give my old vibrater (its broken coz the batterys leaked and buggered it up) to one of my mates so she can stretch herself for when her bf comes over in the summer.

You can buy cheap vibrators for under £10.
failing that.. tell her to go out and buy an assortment of vegetables and put condoms over them.
why would she want to borrow it when a) its been inside you and b) the batteries leaked and it probably has battery acid on it.

and.. she shouldnt really need to stretch herself.. i mean, babies come out of there.. it stretchs quite well anyway, they just need to take their time and use lots of lube.

shadow-light 22-03-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

she shouldnt really need to stretch herself.. i mean, babies come out of there..
ol, that's what I was thinking...



Quote:

sorry shadow-light. i didnt mean any harm.
don't worry about it lol, I already sort of knew that I'm slightly sexually repressed :P

shieldworld 22-03-2009 06:41 PM

I wank. All my friends know I wank. I don't really care about the taboo that surrounds it. That, along with the taboo of being a self harmer and a bisexual is part of me and part of my life and I've learnt to live with it.

I don't really understand why there's such a stigma around females masturbating, since it's perfectly natural and we just don't have as much to play with as men do.

Life and Lies 22-03-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme turbulance (Post 1502847)
i went through pretty precocious puberty so i was fully developed by around the age of 10 so probably started around that time. i found it tough because all of my school friends were still very much little girls who were still squirming at the thought of sex so i felt pretty alone. it was around this time that i also began to seriously suspect i was a lesbian as well.



this

Field Of Paper Flowers 22-03-2009 08:56 PM

With the whole "stretching thing" it's going to hurt even if she uses a vibrator! Tell her to use lube and for her boyfriend to go slow. Also tell her to have sex with him when she's ready. ;)

shadow-light 22-03-2009 08:58 PM

with the whole stretching thing... I thought that the first time pain thing was due to the hymen breaking... and it doesn't matter how "big" the guy is, he's not going to be larger than a babys head... so surely "stretching" would't make any difference anyway...

lower than myself 22-03-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrelspit (Post 1503408)
You can buy cheap vibrators for under £10.
failing that.. tell her to go out and buy an assortment of vegetables and put condoms over them.
why would she want to borrow it when a) its been inside you and b) the batteries leaked and it probably has battery acid on it.

and.. she shouldnt really need to stretch herself.. i mean, babies come out of there.. it stretchs quite well anyway, they just need to take their time and use lots of lube.

Agreed.

Someone said make sure he goes slow. That's what me & my ex did. It was fine.

ladybug 22-03-2009 09:03 PM

personally it doesnt bother me i mean if someone (normally a guy) asks about it im not gunna go all red and act like ive never heard of a girl doing it. i remember at school that the girls talked about it more than guy, it coulda been because i didnt exactly go to the best school in the world (botten 3 in my county no one knew whether out school was 3rd worst, 2nd worst or just worst)

i guess though its different for different people though because ive always taken a very much mans view of mastibation and sex but i know girls who have gone to sleep overs and have be caught doing it lol.

Field Of Paper Flowers 22-03-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow-light (Post 1503901)
with the whole stretching thing... I thought that the first time pain thing was due to the hymen breaking... and it doesn't matter how "big" the guy is, he's not going to be larger than a babys head... so surely "stretching" would't make any difference anyway...

It is. The vagina is obviously going to be "tight" when you first have sex. Plus it still hurts after the first time for a few more times. It's not like "push, push, finished" and then it won't hurt again.

rockaroni 22-03-2009 09:08 PM

Actually, I wish I'd used my vibrator more before I lost my virignity to "stretch" so to speak, because it bloody hurt! But also so did using a vibrator the first time, and that thing was tiny on the grand scheme of them... so yeah. It makes sense. But get your own, it's not exactly hygienic to share them.

Field Of Paper Flowers 22-03-2009 09:09 PM

Yeah it's not hygienic. *nods*

I regret my first time all together! If I could change who I lost it to and how I would right now.

shadow-light 22-03-2009 09:11 PM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : embarassing
am I the only one who is scared of with a vibrator (especially the smaller ones) getting it sort of "lost" or "stuck" up there... :notsure: :blush:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.