RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Your "Thing" (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74439)

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 04:00 PM

Your "Thing"
 
Right, basically as many RYl'ers know (annoyingly so) I have a thing about knees. By which I mean I don't like people touching my knees, or threatening to do so, or touching my knees with their knees, or other people touching their knees against others knees (ewwww knee sex =[) yada yada.
This has also developed into a mild dislike for elbows (they look like mini knees!...yes, mock away) and recently knuckles...though only a little...and that wasn't my fault! *glares at Flemily*

Anywho, yes I know I'm a wierdo, but does anyone else have a "Thing" aka a body part that wierds them out and stuff?

And I know you're out there!

sherlock holmes 25-11-2008 04:03 PM

I don't like other people's feet much. Doesn't bother me too much though.

The one thing I cant stand though is if I'm sitting on a sofa with someone and they start jiggling their legs or tapping the sofa. Gets on my nerves! You can feel it through the sofa.

griddlebone 25-11-2008 04:05 PM

Ohhh,long fingernails on men....ewww

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griddlebone (Post 1242768)
Ohhh,long fingernails on men....ewww

That is quite gross. I had an eglish teacher in college with long nails...he looked like peter pettigrew...he was revolting. =[

griddlebone 25-11-2008 04:14 PM

my bf had long nails,i made him chop them off!just wrong.

BeautyFiend 25-11-2008 04:16 PM

Cat, you're weird.

Eyebrows are my thing. I hate untidy eyebrows.
I'm an eyebrow nazi.

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 04:20 PM

*high fives* Eyebrows should always be perfect.

And yes, I'm wierd, I know...but I pay for it through huge amounts of knee attacks *shudders*

BeautyFiend 25-11-2008 04:22 PM

Yes they should.
Women should have tidy shaped eyebrows.
Men should NEVER shape them, but should tidy them.

xADAMx 25-11-2008 04:22 PM

Not so much a body part, but I have a "thing" about being touched when I'm eating. I cannot stand it, I just want to sit there and eat without being poked / prodded or whatever.

Vegetarian Vampire 25-11-2008 04:36 PM

Can I ask why?
About the knee thing I mean.
I'm curious :P

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 04:40 PM

BECAUSE THEY'RE WRONG.
Seriously have you seen them? They're all ewwwww. =s
Ij ust think they're nasty, and elbows look really similar so they're not nice either =/ Knuckles as well...though I'm not so bad with them fortunately...

Bleugh.

BeautyFiend 25-11-2008 04:44 PM

I'm thinking fearing knuckles isn't such a bad thing :-p

OutOfTheWoods11 25-11-2008 04:45 PM

*Pats*

I have a mild thing for a smooth tummy with a cute belly button.... it = very hot!

Star No Star 25-11-2008 04:53 PM

"Tiny, tiny knees" hahaha. Thanks Emily!

I hate feet. Other people's feet, my feet, just...feet in general. Being touched by other people's feet, especially when they're not wearing socks. Having an itchy foot. Basically, anything to do with looking at/touching feet.*shudder*
Specially when people wriggle/move their toes while their foot is near me. ugh.

Yay for shoes and socks!

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 05:04 PM

*threatens Lozz with a hobbit foot*
muahahahaha.

You and Enily are gonna get it. Just wait.

Star No Star 25-11-2008 05:08 PM

You're mean. >.<
Not as bad as Danz taking her shoes off and chasing me at college though =[

The Mad Hatter 25-11-2008 05:12 PM

i dont like being touched on my neck or back it has bugged me for a while i just cant be touched there. my siblings think its funny to do that

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star No Star (Post 1242891)
You're mean. >.<
Not as bad as Danz taking her shoes off and chasing me at college though =[

That was hilarious and you know it =p
However if I'm correct in remembering, there have been many times when its been you and Danz tag teaming me with knee abuse!
You're the meanies. *nods*

Tigger 1989, I feel your pain, my whole family abuse my weakness, but then so does everyone else *sigh*

Star No Star 25-11-2008 05:20 PM

Yeah but knee abusing you is funnier than being chased around by a bare-footed crazy lady!
At least I don't touch you with my knees/touch your knees while you're asleep!

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 05:22 PM

Lies.
You blatantly abuse me in my sleep. You sicko.

=p

Puppet Strings 25-11-2008 05:23 PM

Hands.
Now, that sounds weird, but it's really not.
I don't mind other people's hands, if they touch me, etc etc, but I can't pay to much attention to them. o_O See, then you start to notice all the horrible wrinkles, and nasty nails, or bits of skin, or dirt, or whatever. They're just not all that nice - mine are a complete mess I must add, but that's not the point because I don't like my own hands either.
x

Star No Star 25-11-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lungs locked lips locked (Post 1242922)
Lies.
You blatantly abuse me in my sleep. You sicko.

=p

You don't sleep with socks on! Wierdo.

and if I remember correctly..GIAN night when you and Danz slept at mine..who was in the middle and awoke to being abused from both sides? haha.

Popple 25-11-2008 05:33 PM

I can't stand feet apart from babies feet and it makes me gag when people wear open toed shoes or sandles..ick >.>

Heidi Tiger 25-11-2008 05:37 PM

I agree, feet are repulsive!

BlindSpot. 25-11-2008 05:40 PM

It is quite funny to knee abuse you though... :P

I'm not too keen on people touching my face, there's only one person i'd let get away with it :)
Feet are icky too. Oh and bellybuttons ewewew.

Ali xox

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star No Star (Post 1242933)
and if I remember correctly..GIAN night when you and Danz slept at mine..who was in the middle and awoke to being abused from both sides? haha.

Okay I'll give you that one, though it was more Danz than me =p

I'm not surprised there's loads of people who don't like feet but then they're not that attractive lets face it =p

Alikins, you're not wrong about belly buttons, though I only don't like reeaaallly outy ones, or reeeeaaaallly in ones...that need a clean...bleugh. =/

Leo Pard 25-11-2008 06:29 PM

I don't like it when people tickle me behind the ears.. Well I end up in a ball on the floor whimpering and falling asleep (something lots of you take advantage of *glares*) but yeh... I also have a thing about people touching me.. Unless I know them or it's a good reason.. But like at gigs (Yes, I know, no one can help it) and in crowds and stuff.. It weirds me out :/

And Cat, you abuse me just as much as I abuse you with my tiny tiny tiny knees.

Danz: TINY FACE!

Kelly. 25-11-2008 06:32 PM

I have a thing about knees too! The thought of injuring my knees creeps me out though. Like... hurting my knee caps or something. The thought of anything hitting my knees makes me shudder.

Horrible!

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Femme Fatale (Post 1243066)
And Cat, you abuse me just as much as I abuse you with my tiny tiny tiny knees.

=0
I do no such thing.
*innocent face*

^Kelly88, I totally agree, bleugh, the thought of someone shattering their knee caps....=s

Leo Pard 25-11-2008 06:40 PM

Pshh you so do.

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 06:42 PM

What ev's.
=p

Leo Pard 25-11-2008 06:44 PM

You so do. Tickling me and stealing the covers excuse me :/

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 06:49 PM

You love it secretly.

Leo Pard 25-11-2008 06:51 PM

You love my tiny tiny tiny knees too :p

Voldemort 25-11-2008 06:58 PM

I don't like looking at knees. They're icky.

Don't mind touching them etc.

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 07:05 PM

Please don't touch mine...please?
*begging face*

Dicky T 25-11-2008 07:10 PM

I'm the most ticklish person I know.
People like to abuse this!

I remember once having an argument with a boss of mine, only to find her tickling me until I was collapsed in a corner.
GOD DAMN MY CRYPTONITE!

Dicky!

Cathy 25-11-2008 07:12 PM

good question!
i'm not really sure..
i don't like dirty nails and that's about it really.
i don't like people touching me much atm.. such as poking & being pushed around. i HATE that.

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky T (Post 1243180)
I'm the most ticklish person I know.
People like to abuse this!

I remember once having an argument with a boss of mine, only to find her tickling me until I was collapsed in a corner.
GOD DAMN MY CRYPTONITE!

Dicky!

I shall remember this for the future.
*cackles*

Tears and Rain 25-11-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Femme Fatale (Post 1243066)
I don't like it when people tickle me behind the ears.. Well I end up in a ball on the floor whimpering and falling asleep (something lots of you take advantage of *glares*)

:D NEVER.

I don't really have a "thing" I don't think?
I too am just incredibly ticklish.. and I HATE people cracking their knuckles *shudders*

Douglass 25-11-2008 07:42 PM

feet, oh I hate them!
they make me feel sick just having someone bare footed in the room.
And I would never touch anyone's feet!

sherlock holmes 25-11-2008 07:53 PM

oh i can do this thing with my thumb. i can dislocate it, it's very weird and freaks most people out. it clicks as it does it, haha.

lungs locked lips locked 25-11-2008 08:02 PM

I love clicking joints =p (not knees though =[) I always freak people out bending my thumbs down to my wrists clicking them =p
Lozz (Star No Star) can do it with all her fingers, its fantastic haha.

Spoons 25-11-2008 08:35 PM

nails, finger or toes, they are yuk, only other peoples, im fine with mine.
i remember my friend was on my bed filing her nails and i was sitting there completely disgusted and kinda freaking out that i had nail filings on my bed. yuk

Potatos 25-11-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star No Star (Post 1242861)
"Tiny, tiny knees" hahaha. Thanks Emily!

I hate feet. Other people's feet, my feet, just...feet in general. Being touched by other people's feet, especially when they're not wearing socks. Having an itchy foot. Basically, anything to do with looking at/touching feet.*shudder*
Specially when people wriggle/move their toes while their foot is near me. ugh.

Yay for shoes and socks!



THIS....EXACTLY THIS.


and also what dicky said...im FREAKISHLY ticklish....like, people tickle me and i laugh so no noise comes out and stop breathing and it lasts for like five minutes after theyve stopped tickling me....my friends are mostly all guys, and LOVE to take advantage of how ticklish i am and also my hate for feet.

user_name 25-11-2008 08:58 PM

I SO have the knee thing too! I hate people touching my knees when they are straight..its something to do with ballet when I was younger. And I cannot sleep on my front or lay on my front if I am laying on a hard surface. I think my knee caps are going to flip round to the back. I have to be on somethiing squishy.

I also dislike people touching my hair.

I also HAVE to have a shower otherwise I can't go out. That includes hair washing. I absolutly refuse to go out with unwashed hair. I can;t do it.

I have many many more :p

Kuwairo 25-11-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by control freak (Post 1243260)
oh i can do this thing with my thumb. i can dislocate it, it's very weird and freaks most people out. it clicks as it does it, haha.

That would make me feel sick. I hate bones. When they crack, when they're dislocated. I don't mind seeing them or anything, just the noises and when they're out of place. Ergh.

user_name 25-11-2008 08:59 PM

Oh and I cannot burp. Never ever have I burped. All of my friends disputed this for ages. Until they actually thought about it and realised that they have never heard me burp.
I wish I could. I want to be part of the burp gang.

user_name 25-11-2008 09:01 PM

I love cracking my bones too. And guys, it isn't bad for you. The noise is air being released.

I can see I am going to be in this thread alot!

suicidal~lullaby 25-11-2008 09:04 PM

I never really liked peoples noses... i don't know why...

And I dont like certain people touching me.... XP


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.