![]() |
Manic Street Preachers
Any other fans of The Manics out there? Please? I've recently "re-discovered" them, and am going insane with the lack of a person to talk about them with.
|
Hahahaha.
*makes posters* MSP SUCK! :P |
CATHY YOU DROVE ME TO MAKE THIS THREAD! Your rejection of the Manics hurt me deeply, and now I'm searching high and low for a fellow fan!
It's my thread, and I'll kick you out. ... Iloveyou. |
You can't stop me from making banners :P
|
I DAMN WELL CAN!
*takes away crayons and billboards* |
Your love aloneeeeeee is not enough, not enough, not enoughhh.
<3. |
Your ritual everyday
A mild shower soak in aftershave Best clothes do your best Look in the mirror go on Belittle yourself yourself yourself Belittle yourself yourself yourself You go on day after day Dreaming on a lie That you keep locked inside Of yourself, Yourself, Yourself Can you sleep tonight Cast aside for some pouting young pup Sink into a slurred veneer Alcoholic haze so now Least you can like yourself yourself Least you can like yourself yourself You go on day after day Reservoirs of guilt That your fixed grin always hides And yourself, yourself, yourself Of yourself You look at ad's all day Everyone is perfect and you're so lame Free scent burns your skin But no smell can really cover sin Too many teenage holes to fill Too many teenage holes to fill You go on day after day Speak to your despised Blanking your loved ones And yourself Or the short answer, the Manics were ace, and still have moments of brilliance |
^^ I. Love. You. Both of you!
I know what you mean about moments of brilliance. I think their more recent stuff kind of lost some...I don't know. Some of their essence, I guess. But still pretty damn good! |
I can't stand them.
But, my gran..who's 78 said to me today this " I like this Welsh band..the Manics." Bless my gran. |
Some of there songs are quite pretentious, but there are some great classics, design for life, Yes, Suicide is Painless, Sleepflower, and Nobody Loves you. Everyone has a taste, but there's something in the songs I can link to, that most people who don't know the history of the Manics and Richey Edwards don't see.
|
i dont mind them not really listened to them lately
|
Quote:
|
Hahaha thats one awesome gran!
I love them, they have a really eclectic sound. |
My gran is wicked. She's asked me to make her a cd!
Apparently, she wants to hear some of Amy Winehouse's stuff. Her CD is going to consist of Gossip songs ;) |
i like the manics same just recently discovered there new album and wow its still cool as but not as cool as when richey james was in the band lol
Peace Love And Good Happiness Stuff KAZ |
I love them, but I dont listen to them or other bands like that anymore. But this has made me want to dig out their CDs.
Hmm.. Of we go! *goes hunting* |
oh and I much prefer the old stuff.
I was obsessed with richey. |
^^ Haha! It's so cliche, I tried desperately not to get all obsessed with Richey, but I think it's failing miserably!
In fact...excluding the drummer (whose name I can't even remember), I've become deliciously obsessed with them all. |
I love them so much! some of the newer albums like this is my truth are pretty poor but i love their oloder stuff - Holy Bible is utterly perfect, an awesome album that i never get sick of!
|
I've only heard a few tracks from Send Away The Tigers, and tbh I thought they were really...mundane? The Holy Bible is fantassssssssstic, although I think that's already been established :P
But yeah, grace,Sean (if that's not his name, let's just keep calling him that anyway!) seems really stand-offish. I was watching an interview the other day where Richey and Nicky did all the talking. Literally, all of the talking. James and Sean sat there, looking fed up and bored. |
I care!! In fact, I think I've seen it :P Is it the one about Richey's dissapearance (mainly) orrrrrr is there another one?
If it's the same one, my heart almost broke when I saw poor Nicky explaining how he felt after Richey went away. Ohh it was the saddest thing I've seen in a while. |
The Manics were very nearly my fave band, still one of my top ones. I really dont mind the new album, its a billion miles better then 'Lifeblood' I thought, and of course Holy Bible is one of my fave albums of all time, though i do dislike 'This Is Yesterday' on that one
|
Nicky can still pull off the old eyeliner, bless him!
|
^^ He can indeed.
|
I'm too tired to sound obsessive, so all I'll say is a crappy:
<3 |
Quote:
Stage lights are more flattering than camera flashes :p |
I loved the manics when I was a kiddie, and by kiddie I remember being so upset by Richeys disappearance, despite being... 10 at the time.
There was a documentary made about Richey that was absolutely awful, and completely shunned by the manics, friends and family. Also, if you haven't read 'Everything, A Book About The Manic Street Preachers' by my lovely mate Simon Price then you really should hunt it down. It is actually amazing and also contains the only published version of the full transcript of the infamous "4 Real" interview. Although, I must add that I always harboured a mix of despair and disgust for anyone sporting copycat 4 Real cuts or scars. |
^^ Mmm, I know what you mean. There's still a couple of "hardcore" fans around some of the forums. It's sad and scary at the same time.
|
Yeah. It's not their statement to make.
|
How the **** is this still on the first page.
:P |
because its awesome.
|
Because my dear, some of us have taste :P
|
I founded Manics in this year( I know - pathetic )..
I have to say I like their old stuff but I'm not huge fan of new stuff.... though I haven't listened them a lot.. |
i went through this thing like, 2/3 years ago when i loved the manics. like, i wanted them to be my favourite band.
now, i only barely like them. the holy bible is amazing. some other songs are. thats about it. |
I've started liking them again.
|
yay, Manics. Was supposed to be seeing them this Sunday but that all went a bit wrong.
Nicky in eyeliner does look a bit silly now. But he does have fantastic legs. |
^^ Ohh no, it went worng? :( Bet you were gutted.
|
yeah, I was going to Fflam Festival but it was cancelled.
|
I liked the songs when Richey was in the band. They had something special then but I dont know most songs.
|
I love them!
Know Your Enemy and Lifeblood were a bit crap imo, but Send Away the Tigers is brilliant. And their first albums (Holy Bible, Generation Terrorists) can somehow heal you and break you both at the same time. They're amazing... |
they're never going to sound like they did when richey was in the band, remember he did write most of the songs.
|
^^ That's a bit of unfair comparison as James wrote Ocean Spray, not Nicky.
|
The manics totally rock, of course they do, they're welsh ;)
|
Quote:
|
I absolutely love the manic street preachers!! They really are 4real... Despite what Steve Lamacq thought!
|
How did i only just find this thread?!? I love, love, love the Manics. Especially the Richey era. I will admit that I was slightly obssessive with him *blushes*. I was supposed to be going to Fflam as well, I was not happy at all when they postponed it, Manics and Placebo, what else could I ask for
|
No one mentioning Everything must go? (the album)?
Elvis impersonator, Kevin Carter Small black flowers that grow in the sky the girl who wanted to be god no surface feeling at all all brilliant songs, personally from the newer stuff, i know lifeblood was shunned, but i loved "solitude sometimes is" and "cardiff afterlife". I'd be interesting to know how many of the old manics fans also like Placebo - without you i'm nothing placebo - my sweet prince placebo - you don't care about us. |
I love the Manics, they're one of my favourite bands. I think the new album is awesome. I do miss Richey, though. :(
|
I loooooooove Placebo. But to be fair, I liked them first before I "discovered" The Manics.
|
I don't know if it's their 'best' but Everything Must Go is probably my personal favourite, as the sort of perfect balance between the excesses of their earlier and later albums. A Design For Life sends shivers down my spine - when it came out it seemed so damn... powerful and full of heart. And I love No Surface All Feeling. In fact I haven't listened to it for ages! *Goes to dust off CD even though it's probably all scratched and unplayable*
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:43 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.