RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The RYL signpost: Lost? Looking for the right section to post something? Have a question? Post here! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63192)

OutOfTheWoods11 07-09-2008 06:36 PM

The RYL signpost: Lost? Looking for the right section to post something? Have a question? Post here!
 
Hey guys :-)

I know how confusing it can be to sign up to RYL for the first time, and with so many boards about various issues it can be hard to know where to go to gain support & advice about a certain topic... so that's why i'm creating this thread!

Please post any questions you have here, and some of the older members will try and help you out, or alternativly you can always contact me via Private Messaging if it's something you'd rather not post here :-)

Also, here is a link the the RYL guide which should answer most basic questions :-)

http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/faq.php


Hope you all have a great RYL experience!


Mike

OutOfTheWoods11 07-09-2008 07:20 PM

Better than having to keep bumping it :-)
*Attempts to hynotise the thread into stickying itself*

Duffer44 07-09-2008 10:53 PM

mike do we have any toilets around here? :p

midnight fairy 07-09-2008 10:53 PM

*bumps* also if there is anything i can do to help or if anyone needs to chat pm me anytime

midnight xxxxx

Absi 08-09-2008 12:22 AM

*points at the signpost* =]

Sometimes Crazy 08-09-2008 12:24 AM

*crashed into thread loudly*

Any new members on here tonight who need a chat or looking for some help, my PM box is *points down* on my sig. :thumbup:

Moonlight Princess 08-09-2008 10:21 AM

Great idea for a thread Mike!
I'd love to help any new members out too, let's hope my sense of direction can meet this challenge!:tongue2:
Kiran
xx

OutOfTheWoods11 08-09-2008 03:00 PM

:-D

I just hope it works :-)

Also let's just make sure we don't intimidate any potential posters by getting tooooo crazzzzyyyyy :-)

crazykat 09-09-2008 01:45 AM

Great Idea Mike and I agree this should be stickyed

Porcelain Child 09-09-2008 08:54 PM

Any new members who need to chat or just some help... can PM me anytime..

TimesLikeThese 12-09-2008 07:35 PM

*bump cause I like this idea*

forgiven_one 12-09-2008 08:33 PM

bumps again.

if there is anyone who needs someone to talk to then please pm me.

what_the? 13-09-2008 02:05 PM

bumpity bumpity. Nice idea.

OutOfTheWoods11 19-09-2008 08:18 PM

*Shameless bump*

KrissyInterupted 19-09-2008 08:28 PM

great thread :)

OutOfTheWoods11 20-11-2008 10:42 AM


Sweetest Downfall 20-11-2008 10:37 PM

*bumpsss*

I thinks they're scared S:

OutOfTheWoods11 23-11-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetest Downfall (Post 1232230)
*bumpsss*

I thinks they're scared S:

=[

random.swirls 04-03-2009 12:32 AM

Please don't be scared to post in here if you have any questions however daft they may be!

Katiee 04-03-2009 12:44 AM

I think is absolutley great especially for new people. :) xx

OutOfTheWoods11 04-03-2009 04:56 PM

Ohhh its been stickied =]

Hope it gets used!

nomad 08-03-2009 08:56 PM

hello

ty to katiee for sendin me here
i see it has been posted for months and no-one has used it

well now i am here and needin help and support anyway it comes to me
i have posted in a coupla places on the site and then cringed thereafter cos i think i did it in the wrong place - and the last thing i want to do is upset anyone
and even now? im slightly apprehensive about sayin anythin here

angel of despair 08-03-2009 09:00 PM

hey nomad, noones going to be upset if you post something in the wrong place, it can be moved. and dont be scared to say anything in here. what do you need help with?

nomad 10-03-2009 01:14 PM

ok thanks

my friend is on 20mg of citalopram and 100mg of seroquel at the moment, and they are really strugglin to remain in the present.
its kinda a crazy mix of feelin like the person they are now and the person they were when they were small
and i dont know how to help
i suggested they go seek medical advice incase it's an imbalance to their meds, but they are convinced they are just crazy
and i dont know enuf about seroquel to know if this is a high dose or not

my friend is extremely important to me, and i will do anything i can to help them
so please don't say i gotta look after myself throught all this - cos i know that already

but does anyone have any suggestions?

Moonlight Princess 12-03-2009 12:07 PM

Hi!
Firstly I just want to say well done for posting because I know that would have been scary. If you were wondering where to post this to get the best replies I would suggest The Mental Health Discussion and Support Forum . I hope that will help.

To have a go at answering your question though I think you're exactly right your friend really needs to go and see whoever prescribed him/her the meds. Do you know when the symptoms started? (i.e has it ever happened before your friend was on meds or did it start when they were taking only one med or did it just happen when both meds started being prescribed together?

You've probabaly already done this but I would say just sit your friend down when they're feeling mostly in the present and try and reassure them that it's probabaly to do with their medication and will probabaly be easily sorted out. Could you offer to go with them as moral support maybe?
Good luck!
Kiran
xx

nomad 14-03-2009 10:35 AM

thank you kiran for taking the time to read and reply
and thanks angel of despair
but i fear i am fighting a losing battle
it makes me feel so very sad

Moonlight Princess 17-03-2009 11:04 AM

*hugs*
Why do you think that? Is your friend any closer to going to the doctors?
Please don't give up, it only will take one moment of getting through to him/her for things to begin to be sorted out.
Take care!

OutOfTheWoods11 18-03-2009 10:48 PM

*Hugs for nomad*

I hope you find our advice useful :-)

PM me if you need any more help

martha zammit 23-03-2009 02:46 PM

co-codamol withdrawal
 
hi everyone,my first time here,so be kind please.... is there anyone out there who has been addicted to co-codamol and has come off it???? i was prescribed 2x500mg.every 4hrs. for osteoporosis,but was never told it was addictive!!! surely we have a right to be told these things? this was 2 yrs. ago.during which time i have lost weight and feel absolutely terrible. i have no energy,just want to curl up in bed and be left alone.so i decided yesterday that i would not take them anymore,now i feel like i have the flu,sneezing and feel awful,how long will this feeling last? if anyone has gone through similar can they give me a bit of support please,much appreciated......:notsure:

OutOfTheWoods11 24-03-2009 02:10 PM

I'm not really able to answer a question this specific... I'd suggest it would be better asking that question in one of the following places:

General Support and Advice - This should probably be your first point of call, as this is the support board most frquented by the greatest variety of members. Hopefully they should be able to provide you with the information you need.

The First Aid Team (on the First Aid forum) will probably be able to give you advice on the drugs that you are taking, but it is probably not the best place to ask for anecdotal information from people who have recovered. Still, I think you could give it a try if you don;t get the advice you are seeking from General Support and Advice :-)

Good luck!

Mike

Moonlight Princess 26-03-2009 12:42 PM

Also just in addition to the forums that Mike has suggested you might want to try posting in the Substance Abuse Forum as well if you don't the information you need earlier as people there might have had similar experiences with co-codamol.
Good luck!

random.swirls 01-04-2009 11:44 PM

The Community Team have launched the buddy scheme so if you are interested do get in touch!

savingface 03-04-2009 10:31 PM

Hi..new and nervous, overwhelmed and encouraged to have "accidently" came across this site.

Rawrk 03-04-2009 10:41 PM

Hi there :]
Take a look around, get a feel for the place, and get stuck in :]

one_step_closer 04-04-2009 02:22 PM

We're all here to support you, take care.

ejj 09-04-2009 07:52 PM

were do i start
 
were do i start i think i have posted a message to the wrong place and my head is on 1 and i cant consentrate on reading to much sorry about this thanks :ermm:
EJJ

TimesLikeThese 09-04-2009 08:05 PM

Hey EJJ,

What do you think you've posted in the wrong place? Don't worry, sometimes it'll take a little while to find your feet here.

hidden_angel 30-04-2009 10:16 PM

it's just occured to me,i think i've read it somewhere but i dont remember where,but it is ok for me to hang around few forums for a while isn't it?don't want to do soemthing wrong when i haven't been here a week.lol:-)

xx

one_step_closer 02-05-2009 07:57 PM

Do you mean forums other than RYL or hang around the RYL boards without posting? Both are not a problem at all. Take care.

Shatterproof 27-05-2009 02:24 AM

Oh I just wanted to say that this is such a great idea! I wish this was here when I first joined, I didn't have a clue as to whether I was coming or going!

I'm sure it'll be used to its full advantage :)

Moonlight Princess 28-05-2009 08:42 AM

:-D
Hope you're doing okay!

Bethaneeny 13-07-2009 12:23 AM

Heyy, welcome to RYL!

I'm Beth
Almost 16
Leeds, UK
Self Harmer

PM me anytime, x

Louise 28-12-2009 03:01 PM

I hope everyone is ok.

Louise x

Acceptance 04-01-2010 08:16 PM

how do you 'hug' people?

Moonlight Princess 05-01-2010 12:16 PM

Hi Anne-welcome to RYL by the way!
You see at the bottom of your post are the tiny quote and quote plus buttons and an edit button? Well on the first post of every new thread there will be an additional hug button alongside those but it's only there on the first post of a thread so that's why it's missing on most posts.
Hope this helps.
Kiran
xx

Tracer 25-01-2010 01:38 AM

I hope I am in the right place here. I'd hate to offend anybody. :) I'm new here, and not actually seeking help for myself. I have a friend who has been struggling with depression (and I *think* might be cutting himself). He's my closest friend, and I get the distinct impression that he wants to talk but won't reach out. I understand that he might feel he can't, but I love him and want to help him, so I'd like to bridge the gap. I'm looking for advice on how to do that. If I'm in the wrong place, I'd really appreciate any redirection. Thanks.

Cazki 25-01-2010 01:41 AM

Hiya welcome to ryl :)

I'l redirect you

This is the Serious Discussion Forum http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...splay.php?f=30

Here is the Self Injury Discussion Forum http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...splay.php?f=29

This is the Veterans Corner http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...splay.php?f=77 which is where the older members aged 18 and over hang out. If you need anything please feel free to get in touch.

Take care best wishes Ian

Tracer 25-01-2010 01:51 AM

Thank you very much. :)

So it's okay to post here on the forums, even if not for my own sake? I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

elle. 25-01-2010 07:44 AM

Hey..
I'm new. A little confused about the whole online thing.. I'm used to msn and not really sure how to use forums..
Just looking to find my way around and for a friend.

E

Cazki 25-01-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 2108220)
Thank you very much. :)

So it's okay to post here on the forums, even if not for my own sake? I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Yes it is ok to post on here even if its not regarding yourself.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.