RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   We're getting married!! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61437)

UbermoronicismAgain 25-08-2008 04:17 PM

We're getting married!!
 
Ok, I sincerely thought everybody already new. I remembered making a thread about this last year when we got engage and I honestly thought everyone would have known by now. Maybe I just thought I had! Lol.

Anyway, people are being very pset with me, for not telling them! It was never intentional at all!

Last November, for my birthday I had a party. Just a little one, in a pub around the corner from our flat with some close friends and family.
Half way through the night, I'm outside quite drunk and smoking my face off, and I get called inside. I was a bit scared and thought oh god they're going to sing to me! Which they did, but then Dedly got up on stage and took the microphone. I was pushed into the middle of the room alone and had my handbag and drink taken off me. I got super suss at this point, almost afraid of what they were going to do to me.
I love my friends but they can be mean when they think it's funny!!

Anyway, he says "I just want to say happy birthday to my gorgeous girlfriend and tell her how much I love her. And I want to do something"
I'm thinking oh please god, don't sing. Tone deaf my Ded, absolutely.

He puts his hand into his pocket and jumps off the stage. Now there are steps off the stage which he could have taken but no. He jumped, landed flat on his arse with a boom. The whole room went quiet and he looked like he'd really hurt himself.
I said "Oh! Baby are you ok?"
He gets straight onto one knee and says:
"Shut up, shut up...Will you marry me?"

I say yes and everyone screams!

We got drunker and everyone came back to our flat. Of course by this point I've worked out that they ALL knew. All of them! even my Dad who lives in Poland, Dedly called him and asked permission!

Anyway, present day I wanted to let you all know we're getting married on the 13th of December. This December. So close now!

Apologies for the dissertation.
Love x

Sans Peur 25-08-2008 05:00 PM

so happy for you :)

Mandimoo 25-08-2008 05:06 PM

i guessed with matt. i just knew he was gonna ask.
mand x

~Grace~ 25-08-2008 05:11 PM

Such a lovely story...
Im so happy for you! xx

Psychedelic Doodle Pop 25-08-2008 07:16 PM

Omg! Congratulations! *Squish.*

UbermoronicismAgain 25-08-2008 07:18 PM

Aww thanks for the love.
It's much appreciated and I just wish we could afford a bigger wedding! And I could invite everyone I love.
But the ones I love the most are enough for me and they'll be there.
I feel good you know? Like I'm actually human again.
I'm genuinely starting to love me...

I'm getting so excited :)

x

risenfromperdition 25-08-2008 07:20 PM

congrats!!! :D

Potatos 25-08-2008 07:29 PM

awh thats so brilliant!! such a sweet story!

blondiebear 25-08-2008 08:23 PM

Congratulations!
The wedding is just the party to celebrate the beginning. You'll have the rest of your lives together.

UbermoronicismAgain 25-08-2008 08:38 PM

That's what I'm most excited about I think.
I love him so much, that sometimes when he walks into the room I giggle.

I can't wait for the rest of our lives together.
(But the day is going to be ****ing brilliant!)

x

Damnation. 25-08-2008 08:57 PM

Congratulations

Urethra Franklin 25-08-2008 09:32 PM

Awwww, wish you all the happiness in the world.

UbermoronicismAgain 25-08-2008 09:50 PM

Aww thank you all. So nice of each of you to reply.
Irene, we both seem to be doing pretty well.
And I'm not at the awesome'ness level you're hitting ;)

x

Mirabelle 25-08-2008 09:57 PM

:D can't wait for the wedding pictures!!!!! I hope you'll have a fantastic day and an even more fantastic life.

P.S. First kid's name CANNOT be Irene. I'm not sure you're ready to handle THAT. :P

CaiteeBug 25-08-2008 09:58 PM

OOOOO, Congratulations!!!!!

PropheticStar 25-08-2008 10:23 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Izzington!!!! That's SUCH a cute story!!!! :D

I cant wait to seeeeeee yooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!

Misunderstood. 25-08-2008 10:29 PM

Congratulations to both of you :)))

Catherine xxxx

Casper_Fading 25-08-2008 10:35 PM

Yay for IZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gettin gmarried too! Like... 8 days before you! So yay for IZ!!!!!!!!! That's a wicked story too! :-D

Coffee Addict 25-08-2008 11:06 PM

Congradulations

All I'm Living For 26-08-2008 03:26 AM

oh congratulations! i dont know you but i'm still so excited for you!! *huggles!*

soph.

UbermoronicismAgain 26-08-2008 05:56 PM

Thank you. The love in this place is ridiculous!

It means alot.

x

Mariposa2 27-08-2008 10:38 PM

The Chicken is super happy for you.

I wish I could come. I'd bring rum and jokes.

<<33

Tears of Solitude 01-09-2008 03:46 PM

Congratulations to every one who is getting married in this thread

I hope you all live happily ever after

Jade xxx

deadtotheworld 01-09-2008 07:08 PM

awwww thats really sweet.
congratulations
xxx

UbermoronicismAgain 01-09-2008 08:00 PM

Fanks.
I have so much going on I haven't even thought about the wedding for a while. I need to focus on it, I have to focus on something >.<

x

Casper_Fading 01-09-2008 10:36 PM

Hey iz, who's helping you with it? I've got my aunt sorting mine out now... I got so stressed about it that I told my mum I was going to call the whole thing off lol! So now my auntie is helping, I feel much better about it all now :P

UbermoronicismAgain 02-09-2008 09:35 PM

My mum, all

UbermoronicismAgain 02-09-2008 09:36 PM

My mum, all her family, Ded isnt bad at helping.

Just other stuff going on right now, no time.

Iz x

Casper_Fading 02-09-2008 10:55 PM

Yeah, no time sucks! Yay for weddings :)

BoundNoMore 02-09-2008 10:58 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!
I wish you the best
*hugs*

Mariposa2 12-01-2009 08:46 PM

So I know this thread is old but I don't give a **** since I'm hardly ever here but did you get married yet Iz?

I know it was suppose to be this Dec.

xx
Chicken

Queen Crabbit 12-01-2009 10:01 PM

Yeah, Iz is married! Almost an honest woman!

UbermoronicismAgain 16-01-2009 10:08 PM

:O Ive always been an honest woman!

Yeah been married over a month now!
And loving every second of it.
Love you Chick <3

x


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.