RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A Word Competition (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54784)

Harley's Dad 06-07-2008 09:08 PM

A Word Competition
 
A new competition, open to all, where answers (hopefully) can't be Googled. Prize for the winner, a unique bracelet not available from the Shop.

How to play: I set a word of perhaps 6 - 10 letters and you have to compose a sentence using each letter of the word as the first letter of each word of the sentence. For example, I'm currently watching the Wimbledon men's final so, if I set the word TENNIS, a possible sentence might be:

T. The

E. Early

N. Nerd

N. Needs

I. Its

S. Squirm

All answers to be submitted on the thread, no vulgarity which might upset me (there's scope!), no names (which would make it too easy) and the humour and ingenuity of replies will count for everything. I shall be the sole judge and the first attempt at this will close at 2359 hrs, UK time next Sunday, 13th July.

And the first word for this leg of the competition is ENIGMA.

Good luck!


Tony.

Daydream 06-07-2008 09:12 PM

E. Every
N. Night
I. Iguanas
G. Groom
M. My
A. Alligator

:P

[Purple_Rain] 06-07-2008 09:33 PM

E.veryone
N.eeds
I.conoclastic
G.uild
M.akeing
A.bilities

GlitterTrashDoll 06-07-2008 09:58 PM

E - Every
N - Nerd
I - Is
G - Gaming
M - Mad
A - Always

Pencils 06-07-2008 10:06 PM

ENIGMA:

essentially nameless, it gives me aggravation

Dicky T 06-07-2008 10:08 PM

E. Everyone
N. Near
I. Igloos,
G. Gets
M. Major
A. Arseache

Dicky!

PS
Dammit pencil, you had to come out and do something really freakin' good didn't you :P

patch 06-07-2008 10:40 PM

enigma

Every Night I Get Many Answers

Field Of Paper Flowers 06-07-2008 11:18 PM

Everone
Needs
It's
Giant
Mask
Always

Sounds weird. =S

Bleeding Angel 06-07-2008 11:24 PM

enigma

enchanting night illusions glare magical abundance

Field Of Paper Flowers 06-07-2008 11:30 PM

Evanscence
Never
Insult
Gray's
Mother's
Apples

If you can't have a go at this more than once then I'll stick to my first answer. =)

Jayda 07-07-2008 12:10 AM

Even
New
Individuals
Get
My
Attention

-Chelsey- 07-07-2008 01:21 AM

Embracing
nationalists
idolise
gang's
mundane
affairs

-Chelsey- 07-07-2008 01:38 AM

^^^:nono: hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley's Dad (Post 901281)
no names (which would make it too easy)

Tony.


Crumple... 07-07-2008 02:21 AM

Each
Nuisance
Indubitably
Galvanises
Mere
Aggression


That took some thinking.

Useless Information 101 07-07-2008 04:20 AM

Every
Naughty
Insect
Grows
More
Annoying

akita 07-07-2008 04:43 AM

E - Everyone
N - Never
I - Ignores
G - Great
M - Music
A - Artists

effervescence 07-07-2008 04:59 AM

Enchanting nosepickers illuminate greatly mannerisms abhorrent.

Snow White. 07-07-2008 06:11 AM

ENIGMA.

Everyone notices intelligent gophers mating awkwardly.

^_^

CoffeeawakestheArtist 07-07-2008 06:15 AM

Education nailed Ibiza Ghosts Murderers Away

Stellata 07-07-2008 07:41 AM

Eulogies
Negate
Intense
Gains
Made
Anonymously

Field Of Paper Flowers 07-07-2008 05:41 PM

Haha I like that one Panda. =P

AbandonedPixie 07-07-2008 05:47 PM

Each
Naked
Indivual
Gains
Much
Attention

:P

OutOfTheWoods11 07-07-2008 10:11 PM

Every
Ninja
Idolizes
Grand
Master's
Auntie!

(It orginally read: Every Ninja Idolizes Grand Master Anthony, before I rereard the rules!)

Sometimes Crazy 07-07-2008 11:31 PM

Enigma.

Myself.

Ahem.

Every.
Naughty.
Impish.
Girl.
Must.
Appeal.(?)

Field Of Paper Flowers 08-07-2008 01:28 AM

Erin
Needs
It's
Great
Mods
Advice

I didn't know what to put for I. =$

Zedebee 08-07-2008 11:05 AM

Elephants
Never
Investigate
Green
Mouse
Antlers

squirrelspit 08-07-2008 11:13 AM

Every
Night
Imps
Get
Merry
Again.

lolly_x 08-07-2008 11:20 AM

Every
ninja
in
gangs
must
appeal.

bexie 08-07-2008 11:30 AM

Elephants
Near
Ice
Gain
Many
Aquatences

shootingstar777 08-07-2008 11:37 AM

e even
n nice
i iguanas
g get
m mad
a accidently

:D

chasing bliss 08-07-2008 06:28 PM

Elderly
nudists
invoke
great
mental
anguish.

Useless Information 101 08-07-2008 07:48 PM

Envious
Night-timers
Iterated,
"Grain
Makes
Apples."

Pink Lemonade Fairy 08-07-2008 08:28 PM

Elephants
Nieces
Invite
Girly
Men
Around

mortisha 08-07-2008 08:36 PM

Eggs
Never
Ignites
Gas
My
Ass

Everyone
Needs
Income
Great
Mens
Asses

Emmas
Next
Inivitation
Gets
Max
Aroused

GlitterTrashDoll 08-07-2008 10:40 PM

Everyone
Needs
Ingraved
Gold
Metal
Awnings(sp?)

Mandimoo 09-07-2008 11:50 PM

Extremely
Notorious
In
Giving
Mysterious
Appearances

i believe acrostics should relate to the word itself... makes it even harder that way :p

Field Of Paper Flowers 10-07-2008 12:03 AM

Even
Nautious
Individuals
Get
Mens
Appetites

GoodbyeMyLove 10-07-2008 12:14 AM

Eating
Nougat
Is
Giving
Me
Acne

AbandonedPixie 10-07-2008 12:17 AM

Even
Northern
Irish
Gnomes
Must
Act.

=\

-Chelsey- 10-07-2008 12:30 AM

Every
Ninja
In
Glasses
Makes
Advances


Evolution
Never
Involved
Galvanized
Military
Amoeba

-Chelsey- 10-07-2008 12:36 AM

Entering
Needless
Involvement
Gave
Martians
Astrophobia

Casper_Fading 10-07-2008 07:05 AM

Every
Noodling
Involves
Groping
Muppets
Asses

Stellata 10-07-2008 07:10 AM

Each
Night
Iconoclastic
Gnomes
Make
Amends

Aidee 10-07-2008 07:46 AM

ENIGMA

Envious
Numismatics
Include
Golden
Money
Always

Dicky T 10-07-2008 03:29 PM

Executing
Needless
Involuntary
Gorilla
Military
Armies (Y)

Dicky!

over and out 10-07-2008 06:04 PM

Elegant
Nipples
In
Good
Mannered
Army

Merc 11-07-2008 06:13 AM

E xcept
N ight
I gloos
G row
M y
A pples



romp

Queen Crabbit 11-07-2008 02:54 PM

Every
Ninja
In
Germany
Makes
Aromas

Zedebee 11-07-2008 03:01 PM

Eager
Noodles
Ignite
Green
Marshmallow
Ashes

Queen Crabbit 11-07-2008 03:06 PM

Early
Naughty
Imps
Go
Mad
Afterwards


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.