RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   do NOT press this link (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46668)

greggles666 10-05-2008 02:23 PM

do NOT press this link
 
this is a test to see if the power of negative suggestion really works

i have told you not to press the link

and as you are now reading this, you have pressed it, so if you could please leave a reply, just saying why you pressed it, and how you felt, that would be great

if and when you tell your friends, do not say what is inside this link, as this is a private experiment, and i would not like it to be ruined

thank you

Aphelion 10-05-2008 02:29 PM

Someone's been watching Derren Brown.

griddlebone 10-05-2008 02:29 PM

I hovered over the title to see what it said.

Breeze 10-05-2008 02:30 PM

Snap ^^^^
Also I wasn't sure if it meant do not click on link in the post not to the title link. So I only failed a little!

BeautyFiend 10-05-2008 02:56 PM

figured there'd be a link in the thread which I shouldn't press.

Accidentally Abstract 10-05-2008 02:58 PM

^ Same.
Plus, if someone says not to do something, it makes you want to do it more. It's just how it works!
& the 'adult' label probably makes more people press it too.

pixie*lyssie 10-05-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautyFiend (Post 751752)
figured there'd be a link in the thread which I shouldn't press.

same here... what's this all about anyway?

murdered cupcake 10-05-2008 03:01 PM

i felt rebellious!

griddlebone 10-05-2008 03:01 PM

its an idea from Derren Browns-trick or treat last night, where this girl was told not to press a button or she'd electricute a kitten.there was more to it then that but the gist is thathe regressed her to a younger age and she ended up pressing the button.

[Purple_Rain] 10-05-2008 03:06 PM

cos i thought there woudl be an explanation inside, with a link not to press

Puppet Strings 10-05-2008 03:09 PM

Yeah, I thought there'd be a link in this thread too, which you were advising us all not to press - perhaps some type of virus, etc.

I was wondering whether the link inside would breach RYL rules too, so I was being all suspicious-y too. Yep, I lack trust. :P

xx

surprising mystery 10-05-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Purple_Rain] (Post 751774)
cos i thought there woudl be an explanation inside, with a link not to press

ditto

TheCon 10-05-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautyFiend (Post 751752)
figured there'd be a link in the thread which I shouldn't press.

same.

greggles666 10-05-2008 03:22 PM

you have asked for an explanation
so here it is
basically, i got slightly bored and decided to use one of the great derren browns techniques

i'll put a link in if you want lol

basically my general idea of this was purely to see if it really worked, and whether or not the whole thing on derren brown was a con, which as i have proved in the last hour of creation, its not

i am extremely thankful of you all commenting on this
and i hope that none of you tell your friends about this, as i would like the experiment to continue

Bleeding Angel 10-05-2008 03:57 PM

everything on that show is not real, its part of the illusion that you kinda belive its real when its not

Caru y Nos 10-05-2008 05:02 PM

haha, i have RSS link so the thread appeared and i didn't have a choice whether to see or not... though i would have pressed it because i don't respond well to been told what to do when there is no legitimate reason for me to follow what oders i have been given... and i am sceptical of what i am generally told to do anyway :P

-Shae-Lynn* 10-05-2008 05:17 PM

I do what I'm not supposed to, and I thought there would be a link inside.

limey. 10-05-2008 05:32 PM

I only got to watch like 10 minutes of Derren Brown last night.. :(

Eve of D. 10-05-2008 05:36 PM

i thought there was a link inside too, but i woulda pressed that also lol. it does make u want to if someone says not to, cause there's gotta be a reason and i wanted to know what it was :P

Caru y Nos 10-05-2008 06:36 PM

^
But it was a person with no authority... more people would have followed the order of a mod!!!
(or his Harleyness or Duke James of RYL)

Tig 10-05-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautyFiend (Post 751752)
figured there'd be a link in the thread which I shouldn't press.

Tis what I thought too. :ermm:

Cathy 10-05-2008 06:40 PM

To be fair i wouldn't really call this an experiment >_<

What do you expect on an internet forum - people not to read threads? :p

*&& She's Just Forgotten 10-05-2008 06:58 PM

i cant read? ha, joking...

I clicked it because i thought ther'd be a link inside, liiike ummm, a virus heads up link or something. (Y)

Behind the Smile 10-05-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accidentally Abstract (Post 751755)
Plus, if someone says not to do something, it makes you want to do it more. It's just how it works!
& the 'adult' label probably makes more people press it too.

yeep.

claireyfairy 10-05-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautyFiend (Post 751752)
figured there'd be a link in the thread which I shouldn't press.


greggles666 10-05-2008 09:17 PM

basically in short i just wanted to see if it all worked
and clearly if derren browns tricks and illusions were fake, then your childish nature in your sub conscious wouldn't have given in
by the way i am not calling anyone here childish, because i would have done exactly the same

linder surprise 10-05-2008 10:42 PM

lame.

TimesLikeThese 10-05-2008 10:48 PM

I watched Derren Brown. :P

Animad 10-05-2008 11:15 PM

As others have said, I thought there'd be a link in the first post that we weren't supposed to press. And the *Adult* label often makes people more inclined to look!

Snow White. 11-05-2008 07:20 AM

Cause I'm a very responsible moderator.
HA.

all-hope.lost-forever 11-05-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griddlebone (Post 751713)
I hovered over the title to see what it said.

Same.

IceBreak 11-05-2008 12:11 PM

Im sure negative suggestion doesnt work on everyone though... seriously if I was that person on Derren Brown on friday night I wouldnt have pressed the button cos like I stand fast to instructions and I am too paranoid to do anything but... I mean if I am in a room by myself after an interview or something I would have to wait for someone to tell me I could then leave just cos Im weird like that

But yeah that was pointless and like everyone else I thought there was a link inside :P probably due to me misreading the name of the thread as always

MrsNutkin 11-05-2008 12:32 PM

I pressed it and kind of knew it was to do with negative suggestion it's interesting really!

XxXflowerfairyXxX 11-05-2008 12:40 PM

I just have to press a link if it tells me not to...especially if it says *adult* because generally it turns out to be amusing.

Ratatouille strychnine 11-05-2008 06:56 PM

I clicked on the "Page 1" link which wasn't the original link the thread was on about so I didn't break the rules.

Alcohol Induced Altruism 11-05-2008 06:59 PM

I was hoping for an adult link, within the thread.

So I neither failed, nor got my adult link.

*feels cheated*

Rawrk 11-05-2008 08:02 PM

I thought it meant there was a link in the thread.
*stupid*

lostdaisy 11-05-2008 08:23 PM

I kind of thought we wernt supposed to open the thread but i just wanted to see what it was. Guess im just nosey.... and saying you're not supposed to do something made me want to find out why! lol

greggles666 12-05-2008 08:54 PM

now before i delete my act of randomness, i would just like to say one thing
i think that a lot of you were being very harsh towards me
i felt random, got bored and decided to post this

just felt you were a bit harsh thats all

Kangaroo 12-05-2008 09:17 PM

I thought there would be a link in the thread that we werent to press, not the thread itself

So thats my excuse, whats yours?

Minty 12-05-2008 09:20 PM

I thought there was a link in the post that was actually dangerous full of spyware or something

over and out 12-05-2008 09:21 PM

I felt rebillious!!! :P

angelmillennium666 14-05-2008 12:35 AM

i'm bored, so i pressed it

Enthused 14-05-2008 07:30 PM

you tricked me, i feel violated and not in a good way

Embles 14-05-2008 11:09 PM

Made me laff =)
I pressed it caaause
It told me not too..... And I am mentally a small child so I pressed it
=D
And damn proud I pressed it

Asi 15-05-2008 12:06 AM

I didn't press it. I hovered my mouse over the link to read the post, then I clicked the little "3" to the right of it to get to the last page to reply.

:-)

Sharloid. 15-05-2008 02:56 AM

What link?
Eh?

JDenning 15-05-2008 03:10 AM

Well I clicked caue I thought there would be a link as well as the others did, so well I guess thats reasonable

~invisible~girl~ 15-05-2008 04:51 AM

I didn't actually click the link until I got to the part about replying... Did you know you can read the beginning of a post just by rolling your cursor over it, without clicking?

PaperClip 15-05-2008 12:07 PM

was bored so pressed it! felt cheated after thou! there wasnt a mystery :-(


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.