RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   House (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37560)

airwolf282 28-02-2008 04:44 AM

House
 
Hi all,

I watched an episode of House last night, not sure if anyone out there may have seen this episode.

It was about a woman suffering from bullimia who also self injured. One of House's lines went along the lines of "it probably works better than any anti depressant" when referring to her cutting herself. I thought that was quite accurate as there is a hell of a lot of misconception as to why people would want to injure themselves.

House also risked his job by hiding her psychiatric conditions so she could have a heart transplant that saved her life. The board would surely not have allowed the transplant had it been informed about the patient's mental state.

Another good episode, I recommend watching if you haven't already seen it.

Accidentally Abstract 28-02-2008 04:48 AM

I've got 'House' series one & two on DVD, & have seen three.
I love it.. It's awesome.
I was watching it this evening actually - he prescribed cigarettes to a guy! Haha.

Good recommendation (Y) - that was a good episode. x

Aphelion 28-02-2008 10:57 AM

Oooh, I've seen that episode. It's great. And so is House.
I mean..c'mon. A genius doctor who hates people! Perfect..

Buttons. 28-02-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Oooh, I've seen that episode. It's great. And so is House.
I mean..c'mon. A genius doctor who hates people! Perfect..

linder surprise 28-02-2008 12:58 PM

exactly.
i love love love love loveeeeeeeee house so much.

crazykat 28-02-2008 01:03 PM

House = Amazing

alice*BOB* 28-02-2008 01:11 PM

what series and episode was the first one you mentioned??

Spoons 28-02-2008 01:11 PM

i do like that episode, ive only really watched the first two series' though and a couple from series three, i love it though!

Spoons 28-02-2008 01:27 PM

series 1 episode 14- control

linder surprise 28-02-2008 01:58 PM

^^ haha, i hope you looked that up.
&didn't just know that by heart!

Spoons 28-02-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mister linda. (Post 588970)
^^ haha, i hope you looked that up.
&didn't just know that by heart!

haha nah i looked it up.

~invisible~girl~ 28-02-2008 08:57 PM

I've seen every episode of House. I have the first two seasons on DVD. And, er, I could have told you the episode name (although at least not the number) but memory...

The first two seasons are like the most brilliant show ever. Or at least one of the two most brilliant shows. The third seasons it kinda went down hill, as I think they were kinda running out of cool new medical stuff and trying to make up for it by going too much towards soap-opera-ness. But season four so far has been brilliant with the whole Survivor thing... it's too bad it got cut short by the writer's strike though...

And yeah, Control is one of my favorite episodes cause of how they handled the whole SI/ED thing.

airwolf282 29-02-2008 03:40 AM

Wow so many House fans here :laugh:

I only started watching last year but it's gotta be the best show on TV. I like it because it is a medical show without the soap opera crap of Greys Anatomy. I hate soap operas, there never anything like real life. House is cool, he's a genious that hates everyone :rollfloor: no mushy emotional crap with House and he's not afraid of saying what he thinks :thumbup:

Puppet Strings 29-02-2008 08:47 AM

Series 4's not started to air in the UK yet, psh.

akita 29-02-2008 12:07 PM

i think his new team are idiots, i like the other 3 better.

Voldemort 29-02-2008 04:18 PM

Goddamnit. You've now made me want to watch House, but because I'm such a LOVELY daughter, I left them at home at Christmas for my parents to watch. I thought, oh, 7 weeks? No problem. I want HOUSE. NOW.

Spoons 29-02-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Rose (Post 590965)
i think his new team are idiots, i like the other 3 better.

whats theres going to be a new team? gah i havent watched that far....

~invisible~girl~ 01-03-2008 06:42 AM

^^ In season 4... which apparently hasn't started yet in the UK...

Neon. 02-03-2008 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazykat (Post 588835)
House = Amazing


Spoons 02-03-2008 10:16 PM

i think hugh laurie plays him incredibly well.

im sad now i know that they are going to have a new team. I love Cameron she is so incredibly hot!!

~invisible~girl~ 02-03-2008 10:19 PM

Don't worry - his old team will still be around at least a little :-)

But I did like the old team better still.

thesugarspider 02-03-2008 10:22 PM

Yeah, I've been a little disappointed in house lately. The first two seasons were so great, and then by the third season they started focusing on so much else besides the actual case that the show kind of lost me.
It's getting better this season now that all the competition stuff is over, but I do like the old team muchh better.

privileged-outcast 05-03-2008 08:59 PM

oh im a complete house geek. i love it.

own the DVD's, and have watched them many many times. [im sad, i know]

my little bro calls me a house addict. *is proud*

one of fave ones is 'one room' or something like that. where she's been raped or something. and then we fnd out about House. or maybe i liked it becuase i could relate to it?

who cares. House rules!


im not a fan of the control one so much. im not sure why though.

Aphelion 06-03-2008 03:12 PM

WHAT?! Why the hell would they change teams!? For ****s sake, I loved their trio. What the hell was the need to change that?
Ugh. Idiots.

Puppet Strings 13-03-2008 06:50 PM

Series 4, episode 1, is aired in England a week today. :)

The team changes should be interesting, but I don't get why they had to go and change it. Psh.

~invisible~girl~ 13-03-2008 08:04 PM

I don't know, at first I thought it was cause the actors were leaving or whatever (since the people who play Cameron and Chase are a couple, it's not unrealistic they'd want to leave at the same time, and if there were issues with contracts or whatever I could imagine all three might leave at once), but since they're all still there just not as House's team I really have no idea. The process of choosing the new team made for an amusing plot line though. If only he'd ended up with his original team it would have been great.

Buttons. 13-03-2008 09:51 PM

*growls* they cant get rid of the team!!!! House hasnt used up all his insults on them yet!

linder surprise 14-03-2008 01:07 AM

OH. i think i have seen the first few episodes of season 4 on the internet.

Voldemort 14-03-2008 02:12 AM

A week yesterday Rach? Which channel? OH MY.

Puppet Strings 14-03-2008 08:48 AM

Channel five. :)

privileged-outcast 14-03-2008 10:35 PM

REALLY?

don't lie to me! *has an addiction*

*jumps around* i can't wait for it to start

Puppet Strings 21-03-2008 11:45 AM

Pft, it all felt a bit flat.

But whatever, it's still nice to have him back on our screens.

Psiren 21-03-2008 12:01 PM

I <3 James Wilson :)
hehe
I liked last nights episode actually, athough I think there's still time for it to get back into the swing of things

Aphelion 24-03-2008 04:39 PM

Meh, didn't like the episode. It seemed a bit lanky and flat. Hopefully he'll get back to his usual self.

Just a girl, Interrupted. 24-03-2008 09:32 PM

the season is awesome. him picking the team is funny. good cases and an okay plot
kinda fell flat in the last few aired episodes of the season though -/ (I watch online)

xbeckyx 25-03-2008 01:48 PM

Aaaah I love House xD I wish I had sky just so I could become an even bigger hermit and just watch it all day. Did anyone see how many were on Hallmark yesterday? =] Got my mum to Sky+ them for me.
There's something endearing about how cynical he is.
I miss his team in season 4 *wail*

happywondering 26-03-2008 01:31 AM

Series 4 rocks, I have seen up to episode 11, or whenever they stopped showing it in the US due to the writers strike (I watched it online). But its really good.

The following content has been hidden - Reason : 'House's team'
well you do seem them in series 4 and one of them comes back to work for him, but I am not going to tell you which one.

Puppet Strings 27-03-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happywondering (Post 651782)

The following content has been hidden - Reason : 'House's team'
well you do seem them in series 4 and one of them comes back to work for him, but I am not going to tell you which one.

I know! I know!
I was looking at Wiki a few weeks back, and decided that I'd read spoilers. Ah well. :)

I don't know, I'm finding it hard to accept House without Foreman, Cameron & Chase.

It's on toniiiiight.

xbeckyx 28-03-2008 12:32 PM

I miss his old team so you just made my day by saying that xD ^^
I just can't see his new team being better than his old one really but that could just be me refusing to like them because they're different :P

Aphelion 28-03-2008 03:47 PM

Did that last episode make anyone else sad? House seeing his old team and getting really scared. And and Chase, when he was standing up in that room looking down at House with some sort of resentment in his eyes. Awesome.
And I recognise one of the guys from Van Wilder :D

Puppet Strings 28-03-2008 04:39 PM

I was like, "Chaaaase, come back!". What with the intruding, and offering a diagnosis, and all that.
Cameron + blonde hair = No. The hooker comment was amusing.
Oh, and talking of comments, I know he's playing an American doctor but "Aluuuumium" is really annoying. :P

Pretty amusing episode in general, really.

xbeckyx 28-03-2008 05:14 PM

^^Yeh made me a bit sad too but then I just hate change. Humph I miss him abusing his old team. It's just not the sameeee. After House I watched ER and if the guy who was planning to leave had actually left I think I would have cried :P too much change isn't good for the TV fantard.
^Lol yeh the hooker comment made me smile.

Psiren 29-03-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppet Strings (Post 658258)
Cameron + blonde hair = No. The hooker comment was amusing.

Ditto.

I was all sad for House when he was getting confused and chasing after his old team. Damn Wilson for covering it up. Damn him!

privileged-outcast 03-04-2008 11:54 PM

what was house thinking?!

privileged-outcast 03-04-2008 11:55 PM

also, how cool is wilson in this series.

when he kidnapped house's guitr. that well made me giggle!

<3 house

Voldemort 04-04-2008 01:47 AM

I love Wilson. SO do.

'House, this is God.'

Andddd.

'Wilson, I'm gunna pull out someone's eye, wanna watch?'

*Opens his door* 'Good times'

Ash* 04-04-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockingbird:. (Post 672690)

'Wilson, I'm gunna pull out someone's eye, wanna watch?'

*Opens his door* 'Good times'

Good.Times.

*beams*

I was watching it with my friend and when he said that she went "He totally stole your line.."

House <3

mi92186 04-04-2008 04:10 AM

Ok, so I just started watching House not that long ago. And I absolutely love it. But I have one nagging question-what the hell happened to his leg that it is so screwed up?!?!!?

Aidee 04-04-2008 04:13 AM

There is an episode that explains it. SPOILERS BELOW









He had an infarction in his leg (a blot blocked blood flow to the muscle) that caused muscle to die. Then he had surgery to remove the muscle which has left the leg week and him in constant pain.

~invisible~girl~ 04-04-2008 04:26 AM

^^ That's what I was gonna say :-p

I believe the episode was Three Stories, in Season 1.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.