RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Idina Menzel (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26330)

nowhereman 04-12-2007 12:45 AM

Idina Menzel
 
Ok sorry but does anyone else here love her? If you haven't heard of her, she's an amazing Broadway singer and also has some of her own albums, Still I Can't be Still which is brilliant, Here (which is hard to find), and she has a new album coming out January 29th called I Stand.

She was also is Rent (original cast and movie), Wicked, See What I wanna See and The Wild Party. She sings the title tune in the film Beowulf (A Hero Comes Home) and she stars in the new Disney film Enchanted. To top all of this amazing talent off, she's absolutely gorgeous.

If anyone else loves her, we can talk about her here or maybe someone might check her out, she's well worth it. her site is at http://idinamenzel.com she also has my space etc. you can find them on there.

concrete girl 04-12-2007 12:54 AM

I looooove her! She's fantastic.

craola 04-12-2007 10:51 AM

She is wonderful :)
I also love Anthony Rapp :)

battlekitten 04-12-2007 01:25 PM

ooh she's in Enchanted!!! I wasn't sure whether I wanted to see that but I'm am totally going now!

Yes, I'm a big Idina fan :-D

nowhereman 05-12-2007 12:59 AM

craola, have you read Anthony's book Without You? It's really good, it's about Rent and him losing his mother.

sheswicked 05-12-2007 01:21 AM

yes i love her
yes I've read "without you"
yes I saw her 35 times in wicked
yes i was at the rent preview
Idina is love
OFFICIALLY
and everytime I see her she insists on squeezing my arm and calling me sweetheart!
She was the first person i told about my self harm.
She wrote me letters when she was in london last year.
Oh God now I'm spazzing about Idina and thinking about her and and Enchanted isn't out for a week!

Buttons. 05-12-2007 01:52 AM

I adore her. With a passionate passion. Mmhmm.

Psychedelic Doodle Pop 05-12-2007 04:27 PM

Omg she has her own albums? Omg, squee KABOOM!

*goes to napster*

craola 05-12-2007 05:02 PM

No I havent nikaroo *adds to christmas list*

Have you heard the 'You're A Good Man Charley Brown' soundtrack? Its so so wonderful I really love it, Anthony Rapp is Charley Brown, Roger Bart is Snoopy (and amazing) and Kristin Chenoweth is Sally Brown and then Ilana Levine, B.D. Wong and Stanley Wayne Mathis. Its so good, I love it :)

battlekitten 05-12-2007 05:27 PM

^^^ Ooo, that sounds cool

*sigh* I want Idina to squeeze my arm and to call me sweetheart ;-)

nowhereman 06-12-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battlekitten (Post 405038)
^^^ Ooo, that sounds cool

*sigh* I want Idina to squeeze my arm and to call me sweetheart ;-)

hey get in line. she's ma bitch.

battlekitten 06-12-2007 12:48 AM

ha ha ha!

Oh yeah *adopts ninja pose* hiyaahhhhh

sheswicked 06-12-2007 12:55 AM

when she does concerts over here next year we'll all go!

nowhereman 06-12-2007 02:02 PM

Where's here? I'm willing to fly to see her. Can't wait for the new album!

sheswicked 07-12-2007 10:49 PM

here is london, manchester...uk in general!

I'm in scotland so I have to travel to see her anyway!

enchanted is out soon yay!!

battlekitten 07-12-2007 11:12 PM

Argh! I can't find any details of this on the web, am I just being stupid?

nowhereman 08-12-2007 06:33 PM

I can do UK! Yay!

sheswicked 08-12-2007 07:30 PM

no nothing has been announced but idina told us last year she would be coming abck and she would do concerts to coincide with her new album release!

nowhereman 08-12-2007 11:08 PM

Cool, well I'll see you there lol.

nowhereman 09-12-2007 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battlekitten (Post 409232)
Argh! I can't find any details of this on the web, am I just being stupid?

What exactly are you looking for details of? I'll see if I can help you.

battlekitten 09-12-2007 06:05 PM

When/what dates she's playing in the UK, thanks :-)

elphieisgreen 10-12-2007 02:55 AM

LMAO Ohh nikaroo you know she's mine. haha. Well she just wants me, I cant help it.

nowhereman 10-12-2007 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphieisgreen (Post 413281)
LMAO Ohh nikaroo you know she's mine. haha. Well she just wants me, I cant help it.

Sure everyone wants you lol.

elphieisgreen 10-12-2007 03:32 PM

Of course they do nikaroo and battlekitten.

She might be in London in May. I already have my trip planned to go over.

battlekitten 10-12-2007 06:11 PM

hmm, all this Idina has made me want to get my Idina icon out again :-)

nowhereman 10-12-2007 07:00 PM

Ooh now I want an Idina icon.

elphieisgreen 10-12-2007 07:36 PM

Uh oh what did I start lol. I'm having an affair with both Idina and Kristin in my icon lmao.

sheswicked 11-12-2007 01:40 AM

wait a second.....I've been posting on here for over a year for idina or musical fans and noone ever replies and now..... there's an army of you!!!

FANTASTICO!

lots of trips to london to plan!
who lives near london so we can crash there ?

nowhereman 11-12-2007 09:23 PM

lol yay u found us! I don't live near London but I'll defo be coming over.

battlekitten 17-12-2007 04:18 PM

Randomly related to Idina type fact/trivia/news that you may already know. As previously mentioned (I think) she is in the new Disney film, Enchanted, but what's cool is that the lyricist of the project is Stephen "Wicked" Schwartz, he teams up with Alan Menken, who's done Little Shop of Horrors, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and hunchback of notre dame. I so have to see this movie now!!

sheswicked 18-12-2007 03:53 PM

wicked is awesome.
I saw it in east lansing in the summer.
I was in michigan all summer but im from scotland.
michigan is near ohio right ?

nowhereman 19-12-2007 10:53 PM

I saw Enchanted today and yesterday. It's good.

battlekitten 21-12-2007 01:05 PM

*squeeeeeeee* how can one woman be sooooo adorable? *sigh*

battlekitten 23-12-2007 10:14 PM

Oo, thought you guys might like to know, pre-order her new album now and get a free tote bag :)

http://store.warnerbrosrecordsstore....x?pfid=1642641

elphieisgreen 28-12-2007 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bway4life (Post 442112)
shes ok as a b-way enthusist i listen 2 nething from b-way 1 i like her on soundtracks but wen i hear her live i want 2 rip my ears out she needs 2 tAke better care of her voice she doesn't kno her limits like her voice cracks i respect her but im not partial 2 her voice she cannot compare 2 Sutton Foster she's truly the singing queen

Hmmmm in the Idina Love thread?? Why do people diss others in the thread where they know everyone loves the person the thread is about????:sad:

I think you need to go make a Sutton Foster thread.:-D

I have heard on many occassions Sutton singing and she is not on target herself. And yeah I have seen her in Thoroughly Modern Millie and other shows she has done, many times. Not everyone is up to par. :-p

I am not telling you not to post in this thread or mean it in a bad way hense the smile above, it is just the more logical, bigger person thing to do.

People here turn to Idina for help, for their own peice of mind and this would only make them fall.:indifferent:

nowhereman 28-12-2007 01:05 AM

Well I like her and she makes me happy. :)

sheswicked 28-12-2007 01:09 AM

she got me out of my depression.
she pulled me aside at the stage door one night and told me stuff which is sacred. I would never tell anyone.

But the point is....if idina didn't crak or have episodes of crazy singing i would be worried she wasn't normal.
That's why I love her, becuse she's not perfect- shes just like us!

lovely_dramatic 28-12-2007 02:43 AM

I love her and Cheno. They are my hero's. They both have so much strength and beauty in so many different ways, and they had such a strong bond. I love Idina's song "Minuet." She's such an inspiration, and I would looove to meet her one day.

nowhereman 28-12-2007 03:40 AM

Yeah I love Minuet too. I listen to that album (Still I Can't be Still) in work everyday, it keeps me going. I like Cheno too.

nowhereman 08-01-2008 11:05 PM

Idina is performing in Chess in The Royal Albert Hall May 12th and 13th for anyone who doesn't know. Is anyone interested in going and/or letting me stay with them? http://tickets.royalalberthall.com/season/production.aspx?id=10741&src=t

battlekitten 10-01-2008 03:23 PM

Ugh, ugh, I really want to go but I can't afford to (grr) Perhaps I could just go to get her autograph :)

nowhereman 17-01-2008 09:41 AM

Rent is closing on Broadway June 1st. I'm gutted.

Spacegirlnz 19-01-2008 09:00 AM

All hail Dee! I frakking love her! She's amazing!

*swoons*

nowhereman 22-01-2008 03:56 PM

Oh totally amazing in Rent!

aspie80 24-01-2008 02:28 PM

I lovelovelovelove her Maureen (or Diva, as I usually call the character). Ren's my favourite musical. Haven't seen Wicked (what can I say, I live in Scandinavia, where no new musicals come)

battlekitten 24-01-2008 02:50 PM

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of rent but I would totally watch it for her! (as I have done already :tongue2: )

nowhereman 01-02-2008 12:40 PM

Has anyone got her new album yet? Mine hasn't arrived yet. *grumbles*


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.