![]() |
Celebs who didn't fit your expectations
Today I was out bowling with a group of friends and Robert Lindsey (Ben Harper from the show My Family) was with some people in a group on the next lane.
My friend wanted a picture but we decided not to bother him while he was with what seemed to be family, but while we were outside afterwards he came out alone to smoke, so my friend approached him and apologised for bothering him and then asked if he could have a picture. First of he pretended not to hear him, then refused to take a picture and walked off, not to kindly may I add. I understand its his right to refuse, but he could've been a bit nicer about it, my friend apologised for bothering him and didn't approach him while he was with his family, I just think he could've been a bit nicer. So, have you ever met any famous people who haven't reacted a way you would want them too / been mean? |
Matt Good (He used to be in From First to Last) - he's so rude. We kindly asked him for a picture after a concert and he stood for a picture, but didn't speak to us once apart from to say yes, but the rest of the time (including whilst the picture was being taken) he was taking to his friend about getting food/where to go next.
|
One of the blonde ones from one direction, me and a friend saw him at a festival and wanted to ask for a picture, he told her to f off and stop bothering her.
I think its really rude, yes you're famous and you get asked for pictures alot, but you also rely on the public to keep being interested in you so you get an income, it wouldn't hurt to at least be polite! |
I figure, they're real people too. If I'm on my period I really don't want to speak to anybody - and I'm sure famous (female!) celebs get similar feelings too.
It must also be hard if you're a mid-sized celeb, such as Robert Lindsay - you're not big enough to warrant security guards against the screaming hoards of fans, but you also get spotted in the street often enough for it to disrupt your normal life. |
Most of the celebs I've met have been nicer than I expected but then again I wasn't being a pest and going gaga over them. I never ask for autographs, pics etc.
|
My brother met Jamie Oliver in Cambridge, apparently he was really nice, for some reason i expected him to be a bit of a ****.
He's also really chunky apparently, like huge in a muscle kind of way. Which doesn't show on tv. |
I never really meet celebrities!
Wouldn't have expected Robert Lindsey to be mean though. |
Most celebrities Ive met are freaking rude. It irritates me, bands like one direction would be feck all without their fan base, suck it up and sign autographs. If you dont want that go do something else, ie not be famous.
|
Quote:
If someone is trying to spend time with their family and friends (ie, have a private life) then I think that should be respected. It is different if they are seeing people before or after concerts/shows. "Celebrities", like everyone else have their good days and bad days, and some just aren't very nice people. Just because they are "famous" it doesn't mean they have to be nice all the time, or at all. |
I met Kitty Brucknel (the Gaga woman on The X Factor) that everyone hated, at my local pride this year where I was working, and she was actually a really nice girl, really down to earth and 'normal'.
|
^ Now THAT, I can't imagine. :P
|
I know, right?
She's also really short. But yeah, she was actually dead nice. I was really surprised. |
My sister has met tonnes of famous people.
So far the only one who disappointed her was Alan Rickman, who was seemingly in a bit of a mood. She also passed Matt Lucas in the street, who sort of looked at her as though to say, "oh please, not today!" I can imagine how fame can be totally overwhelming. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
I was in the audience for the filming of Alan Carr Chatty Man when Lady Gaga was on it. When the cameras weren't rolling she could not have given less of a toss about her fans. Then she did some cooking and was all like - film me giving it to my fans. Then she refused to hurry up when she supposed to so they just pretended they were still filming & she got annoyed she wasn't getting more time/attention. It was really embarrassing to watch!
|
It wasn't really a chance meeting, but when I was in secondary school, Robert Webb (Peep Show, etc) came to talk to our Media Studies class as he'd gone to our school. He was lovely, and very funny.
|
i work in a DIY store and Leanne whatsherface the winner from the voice is local to us and has been in a few times and the first time i served her all my colleagues were like 'do u not know who she is' i said yeah she's a customer that happens to be well known, but she's still a person she's come shopping and thats how i'll serve her, i'm used to serving "celebs" in places that i've worked and they've always been nice to me (charlie-busted, caroline quentin, and the gay guy from eastenders-tiffs brother and that darts player that wears all the gold)
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Most celebrities i've met have been lovely! My Passion are amazingly lovely guys and so are Black Veil Brides and Michael McIntyre. Oh and Madina Lake are incredibly nice and friendly! They've been so many lovely ones i've met but those ones are off the top of my head.
|
We used to get a lot of celebrities in the supermarket I worked in (it was in a very affluent area). They tended to blend in because all our customers were fairly posh and very picky about their goods so a celebrity wouldn't stand out at all.
Graham Norton used to come in pretty regularly, but he was very different in real life, and would wear normal (like grey/dark) suits and not the flashy stuff he wears on TV and act very normal/quiet (not hyperactive/camp like TV). He blended in well with the bankers/businessmen, and I didn't recognise him until a colleague pointed him out. He was perfectly polite though. |
Quote:
|
The only celebrity I've ever met and spoke to was Mick Foley, the wrestler. He's known for being extremely friendly and courteous to his fans though, and he was to me. He even signed a couple of things for me.
|
Oh yeah I've met the Blackout too - lovely guys!
|
I did a gym induction for a guy who had a gig in our city that evening. Near the end of it making casual conversation I asked him which band he was with and he replied with lostprophets (guitarist/backing vocals). Nice dude, offered me + 2 more to be put on to the gueslist but I had to work that night.
|
Quote:
I have seen Graham Norton twice at work and he looked grumpy so I didn't say anything to him. I also saw Newton Faulkner but I thought he was just a hippie with dreads until my friend pointed him out :-p |
I used to serve Paolo Nutini occasionally in my old work. He was always pretty up his own arse.
|
Nobody famous comes to where I live, unless they go to rehab (I think Pete Doherty went to the Cygnet here). Gareth Southgate used to live here and walked right past me when I was outside my house - we both politely glanced at each other then looked away. Apparently Daniel Craig has a gym membership here and a house nearby, but I've never seen him.
So, yeah, that wasn't very interesting, sorry. |
My Dad lives in a block of quite nice flats and the penthouse flat is often used for celebrities who are either staying in the area for temporary promo work or who have just moved to the area whilst they look for permenant accommodation.
So far they've had a few footballers (Jordan Henderson, Steven piennaar), David Gest, Rebecca ferguson from X factor, the girls from TOWIE, and I forget who else. My brother loves it, not because he gets to bump into celebs in the lift but because of their cool cars in the basement (his and hers Aston martins, Audi r8 etc) My dad is kind of used to treating famous people as they get one or two in the hospital occasionally to treat (plus some notorious criminals) so he will just chat to them about normal stuff, most have been quite nice i think. He has Jordan hendersons (liverpool player) dads mobile number. |
I havent met any celebrities, unless you count Martin O'Neill (football manager) who was polite and talked about football. Oh and I have met an Olympic medallist (Paul Ratcliffe), but that's always been on family occasions where he's been relaxed. I think an olympic medalist is a lot better than some so-called celebrities who have been on a reality show.
So no celebrities havent met my expectations. |
I haven't actually met her, but being a norwich city fc fan, and Delia Smith being majority share holder of the club, i have seen her incredibly drunk. She does like a drink, old Delia!!
The most famous time probably being when she went onto the pitch and shouted through a mega phone at the fans. Was epic. |
:-O That's awesome!
|
Its on YouTube. Norwich city fc made t shirts and everything.
|
The biggest celebrities I've met were Bernard Voyer (a Canadian explorer who climbed the tallest peaks of each continent, including Everest. Also hiked to the North Pole and the South Pole.) Very lovely guy. I also met the really big guy from 300 because he is from these parts. Very tall and very kind. :p The rest I've met are local and Canadian celebrities and I can't say I've had a bad experience with any of them.
|
Paul Martin (he hosts Flog It) lives next door at my partner's, he's lovely and happy to chat. He likes doing stuff for the community too around here. I know he's not a big celeb but other than my dad knowing some football players for Wolves, that's about it for me.
|
my job is in the music industry so i meet a lot of famous people. Theres never been anyone thats stuck out as being incredibly rude, but there have been a few that were the other way round.
Everyone told me Charlie from Busted was up his own arse, but he was lovely when i worked with him. I also expected Ed Sheeran to be a bit of a nob but he spent most of the two days in my office sharing monster munch and was lovely. Black Veil Brides i expected to be massive divas but they turned up with a bunch of halloween cup cakes and kept feeding me them all day. OH.. Kesha! now, shes an odd one.. although it was her aftershow party and she was hammered and she was very new to the scene so maybe shes calmed down. I tend to find the rudest, most annoying people are the hangers on. |
I've ran into a few but never really bothered speaking to them. The most speaking I've done was walking into a guy on a pier and stuttering while apologizing while he looked at me amused.
When I was living in NH I guess I rang up some producer/director that seemed well known. The rest of the associates were following him around and I heard them talking about him later. Michael something. I remember the name sounded familiar when I asked to see his credit card while he was paying but couldn't figure out where from. :P |
Quote:
Your job sounds really interesting! *like* |
I've been lucky enough to meet and spend time with a fair few 'famous' people over the years - and they are either completely normal people, utterly unchanged by their 'status' or they are complete knobs :)
Spent the day with Ian Mckellen (Gandalf) a while back for example. I was paid for the day to photograph him and discovered soon after my arrival, direct from him, that he did not like photographers, or having his photo taken, at all. It was obviously just a bad day for him anyway - but wow he didn't make it easy and he didnt try to hide it one bit! Judy dench on the same day however was simply lovely and 100% down to earth. Often I think famous people need to remember that without all those fans that 'annoy' them - they would be nothing. Least they can do is politely decline requests (which I think is also perfectly fair enough). Harley |
I wish I could meet Harley.
|
Quote:
He was on that documentary after all. :) I fed DocMartin (I forget his real name) 's dog pink cake once. He made a quip about it's teeth. :p |
Haha, I wouldn't be nearly as great as you might think - ask those who have!
Harley |
I'm sure we'd all love you Harley!
-- I've met various celebs, and I'm quite honestly amazed at how some are super awesome and some are super douchebags! Most are very nice, it's only a select few that are not |
I was disappointed when I met Harley. He isn't a swaying anti-depressant, he's a human
|
Quote:
I've met him also when they were filming Doc Martin and had a picture taken. He was really nice about it. |
When I met Harley, he was wearing sexy pink lace knickers and a nice garter though...
|
Quote:
|
Charity Fun Run - got accosted by members. Fully clothed underneath (in mens clothes!) I'll have you know! It might even have been a bet to earn more sponsorship!
Geez, makes it sound like I go out in that stuff! Harley |
I've met Sophie Monk and Natalie Bassingthwaighte and they were so lovely. Mind you, I didn't ask for anything so I don't know how they are with getting asked for photos and autographs.
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:01 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.