RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Community Team Weekend- ANAGRAMS (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199040)

Pi.R^2 01-12-2012 03:29 PM

Community Team Weekend- ANAGRAMS
 
Ladies and gentlemen, the Community Team Weekend presents to you an anagram competition!

Below are ten anagrams of well-known usernames. You have until Wednesday at 18:00 (England time!) to send me your answers and then the person with the most correct (I will pull names from a hat if there's a tie!) will win a prize!

H H C N S R A E I O

D P B W S T B C R R A E I I O U

H L D T Y P N E I E E

S Y M M N N S S A I O O U

V P M L L A A A

Y R V S T E I I O

G K B M E I I

R R P P A A E E

T X L B R L A E I

D M N A A I

Good luck, and please don't post any answers in this thread or that kind of spoils it!

EDIT: Changed first one as Beckie changed her username, so that one was no good anymore!

akita 01-12-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcissa (Post 3433476)
EDIT: Changed first one as Beckie changed her username, so that one was no good anymore!

Then you shouldn't use her new username at all, because people who know what it is will know one of the answers straight away.

Pi.R^2 01-12-2012 03:53 PM

Quick thinking Andrea! But I didn't use her new username, just did a completely different person's username :)

akita 01-12-2012 03:54 PM

Fairy nuff.

random.swirls 01-12-2012 10:38 PM

These are tricky

Wonderland. 01-12-2012 10:39 PM

Aren't they! I've managed to workout 4 of them I think but thats all.

shadow-light 01-12-2012 10:45 PM

I GOT ONE!!!! It's taken HOURS, but I GOT ONE!!!!

Pi.R^2 01-12-2012 11:05 PM

CRISIS. In the proofing stages, I missed an error. There should be another I in the sixth one. Will edit it now! Sorry folks :'(

Wonderland. 01-12-2012 11:09 PM

Worked that one out now 5 down, 5 to go.

GlitterTrashDoll 01-12-2012 11:11 PM

I had already worked out the sixth one before you edited it! :P

Wonderland. 01-12-2012 11:24 PM

I've got all but the 3rd one, this is gonna pester me till I get it.

Moonlight Princess 02-12-2012 12:02 AM

Doesn't make you wish you used LFV more? :P

The War Doctor 02-12-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asian Psycho Cripple (Post 3434015)
Doesn't make you wish you used LFV more? :P

Yes, it does! :P

I've worked out 5 so far. I'm a little hurt that I'm not one of them. :P I may well be one of the answers to the wordsearches like last year, but I suck too much at wordsearches to find out. :P

GlitterTrashDoll 02-12-2012 02:55 AM

Well you best go do them, because wordsearches are amazing.

Mandimoo 02-12-2012 04:25 AM

I have solved them all :-)

Pi.R^2 02-12-2012 11:29 AM

I AM THE WORST ANAGRAM MAKER EVER.

There's been an addition to the third one also.

Sorry :'(

The Stolen One 02-12-2012 01:20 PM

I got 4 quite quickly, the rest are a bit more difficult though.. hmmm..

Edit: I have 8 now, the last two are really going to annoy me!

Wonderland. 02-12-2012 01:58 PM

Still stuck on the third one... ohmydays.

The Stolen One 02-12-2012 02:21 PM

^ that was the first one I got :P

Wonderland. 02-12-2012 02:23 PM

I bet it's well obvious isn't it :eyeroll:

The Stolen One 02-12-2012 02:27 PM

Haha meh! I've not go 4 and 10
4 is annoying me for the length.. as is 10! Feels like they are more obvious for the length but nope!

Wonderland. 02-12-2012 02:33 PM

You'll know both, I was stuck on 10 for a while too.

Wonderland. 02-12-2012 03:04 PM

What is it with spam at the moment.. geeez.

Scaredy-cat 02-12-2012 03:32 PM

I cant get the first 4, its really annoying me

The Stolen One 02-12-2012 03:33 PM

GOT THEM ALL!

and the spam is a joke, poor mods!

Mandimoo 02-12-2012 03:34 PM

Can I just boast, if I got 'em all right, assuming I did, it took me 2hrs to do them all, then 30mins to check (touchscreen no like searches) and write the pm!

Wonderland. 02-12-2012 03:35 PM

Go you mandy (:

I know Caz poor mods!

The Stolen One 02-12-2012 03:38 PM

I don't think it took me that long :-p
I got the first 8 in 40 minutes
Then bit of time on the last 2, but stopped and did other stuff as my mind was squiffing the letters. Got them pretty much straight away when I came back :cool:

Wonderland. 02-12-2012 03:48 PM

It took me like a whole day, I'm not the best with anagrams as I have to use my brain :-p

The Stolen One 02-12-2012 03:52 PM

If I hadn't written them down I'd have been lost! Have to cross the letters off too or my brain forgets what has and hasn't been used. It was a really good distraction though!

Wonderland. 02-12-2012 03:54 PM

Yeah was definitely was a good distraction.

Thank you for organizing this community team (:

Pi.R^2 02-12-2012 06:06 PM

I got spammed :'(

And I'm glad you guys have been having fun doing them!!

Mandimoo 02-12-2012 11:06 PM

I didn't have paper or pen lol also i didn't know like 7 of them, so that's what took me ages, searching to check, also I can't use the search as my tablet pc no likey it lol, cue hours of scrolling lol

Nargles 02-12-2012 11:18 PM

I've managed to get 8 of them but am giving up now, letters don't look right any more!

Accidentally Abstract 03-12-2012 12:13 AM

I'm quite proud that I somehow worked out 6 in about ten minutes; however I'm going to bed now & will probably forget to attempt the rest. :/

Accidentally Abstract 03-12-2012 08:57 PM

I think this may end up being the direct cause of me completely losing my mind. 0_0

Pi.R^2 05-12-2012 06:19 PM

Just a reminder that this competition closes at 6pm tonight, so you have 40 minutes to message me your solutions to be in with a chance of winning a moderately exciting prize!!

Pi.R^2 05-12-2012 09:39 PM

Tum-de-ti-tum!

The results are in and there were 8 people who got all ten correct, so being the srs bsns mathematician I am, I used a random number generator to select one winner at random and the winner is

fairylights

Well done to everyone who got ALL the answers correct, and congratulations to Heidi for being the winner. A moderately exciting prize will be winging its way to you shortly :)

Also, the answers are below, if anyone's interested!

The following content has been hidden - Reason : SPOILERS

CHINAHORSE
BOBIDRAWPICTURES
DELEPHYNITE
MISSANONYMOUS
LAVALAMP
ISOVERITY
BIGMIKE
REAPPEAR
BELLATRIX
ANIMAD


Thank you to everyone who took part, and I hope you had fun!

Isoverity 06-12-2012 06:47 PM

Whoa I'm an anagram and couldn't even get it. I often wished I was a palindrome but I will gratefully settle for being an anagram. Good company in there too ; )

Mandimoo 06-12-2012 06:52 PM

I think I should get bonus points for spotting the error in number 3 lol, well done Heidi!

Pi.R^2 06-12-2012 11:26 PM

Lol Jack :p

Mandimoo, go check out the other competition I did! You may be pleased at the outcome!

GlitterTrashDoll 07-12-2012 12:38 AM

omg.
how did I not get some of those? pfft.

fairylights 08-12-2012 12:09 AM

Oh yay :D Only noticed you posted the winner :P

Accidentally Abstract 11-12-2012 12:27 PM

So glad to finally know the answers to the two I couldn't get. Those drove me nuts!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.