![]() |
Feedback for chat support.
Hi everyone!
We are just wrapping up our first chat support night. This thread is for feedback, positive responses and also constructive criticism. I would like to thank everyone for their help this evening and for helping it run smoothly. Liv. Head of chat.x |
I think it was great. Thanks for all the effort you put in to organising it Liv :)
|
it was really good to hear other peoples experience and tips. it was great! well done! :)
|
Really good. Everyone was respectful of eachother which is important.
Thanks for making it happen, chat mods and speakers :) |
Thank you so much for an enjoyable night :) i think the speakers did fantasticly :) and i got some brillaint tips from it :)
hope to do this again some time soon :) thanks again :D xx |
I agree. I think it was really good and very helpful for those of us still trying to stop SHing. :)
|
From what I caught, it seemed good, would love to be invovled in the next one!
|
Quote:
|
Yeah I enjoyed that too. Also that there was no flaming/rule breaking and so on.
From the people who were there, would you be more willing to get involved with speaking about things now you have seen how its done?x |
I found it a nice and helpful session. The speakers should be proud of themselves!
|
Yes Liv
|
I found calling it 'chat support' night a little misleading as I was like ceeeeeeb for that as I don't use chat..... but then Jenna told me what was going on and I was interested.....
A little bit of feedback I would give is for speakers to write it out beforehand as at times it felt like information was slow in coming and I am easily distracted. BUT well done to everyone, it was interesting! |
Quote:
|
just a quick reminder for anyone intrested i have chat logs avalible if anyone wants one that didnt get one. please pm me an email adress as not sure how to attach them via the forum message system :)
once again thank you for a great evening :) xx |
Is there any way to also have a US timezone friendly one of these as well? And perhaps for Australia for example? Because I would like to participate and unless we try for a Saturday/Sunday, the middle of the day can be difficult.
Also, for forgetful people, is it possible to put one of those announcements that shows up at the top of all the forums with the times on it? |
Most people are in the UK on RYL. But 8pm is only 2-3pm ish in USA, so it's still day time, right?
|
Quote:
The speakers wrote out what they wanted to say apart from Destiny who volunteered at 7.50pm and Jenna who volunteered during chat. There was one person who was a bit slower but there were reasons for that that had nothing to do with her not being prepared,but its not really my place to go into why. |
Quote:
I could trial doing one at the weekend as well, maybe the next one :) |
Quote:
Thats fair enough, I was just giving my feedback from what I saw. I thought it was good but was just looking for things I could feedback! :D |
I know,I enjoy feedback! I just thought I would explain that we did have a meeting beforehand where I asked people to write out what they wanted to say (just clarifying so people in the future know theyre not just expected to come up with things on the spot lol!) x
|
I thought it went pretty well and although I don't really have the confidence to post in chat myself yet, it was nice to be able to still listen to other people's stories. Thanks Liv and everyone else who was involved!
|
I think it went great! Thanks to all of the speakers and organizers! I heard some new tips and stuff, so hopefully that will help in my recovery.
|
Sorry I couldn't make it.
Was it more supportive-based, or was it more discussion? I'd probably just call it a discussion, rather than support. But I know that might put some people off. |
It was discussion and then support....I would say that offering some of the advice that some of the people who spoke did would come under advice. Also youre right I think it would put people off, cant please everyone unfortunately!
|
Quote:
and like i said last night, i really should learn to summarize:-) |
I kind of thought the title was a bit misleading, as 'Chat Support' to me implies there would be some supporters in chat giving out support, whereas it was more life stories, and then in some cases, sharing tips for recovery. Not a criticism, and I don't have a suggestion for what else to call it, but I did think the title didn't really fit.
|
If anyone can come up for a name that suits it then feel free to let me know.
|
Also, it was nice to see those who aren't usually in chat, in chat!
Gave a bit of a community feel, i thought. |
I'm bummed I missed it!
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:11 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.