RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Please Update Tapatalk (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196566)

recovery_hope 22-10-2012 10:25 PM

Please Update Tapatalk
 
The Tapatalk app keeps saying that my session has expired or there's something wrong with the server and tapatalk. The developers suggest that you upgrade to the latest plugin to fix the problem.

snailonvalium 22-10-2012 10:27 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and then installing it again? Im using tapatalk and haven't had any issues yet,well except i can't view profiles.x

GlitterTrashDoll 22-10-2012 10:31 PM

It's not something that was created by RYL, so the site does not own/control the app, so we cannot update it. It's a app created by someone else that allows users to access forums easily, without having to use a browser. So, we have no control or power to fix bugs with it or update the software etc.

recovery_hope 22-10-2012 10:39 PM

I'm not able to view profiles either. That's when I get the error.

GlitterTrashDoll 22-10-2012 10:41 PM

You can't view profiles on the app I believe, just like you can't upload pictures.

recovery_hope 22-10-2012 10:51 PM

I can view profiles on my forum using tapatalk

GlitterTrashDoll 22-10-2012 10:54 PM

It might depend on the forum then, i'm not 100% sure. All I know is that it is not owned/controlled by RYL - so we can't do anything about the problem you are experiencing.

recovery_hope 22-10-2012 11:05 PM

This is the only one that I have this problem. I've spoken with the development team, and they say that the forum plugin RYL has is out of date.

GlitterTrashDoll 22-10-2012 11:07 PM

To be honest, I don't think we'll update for a while, at least. We've been using this version of the site/forum for a few years now so it's not surprising it's out of date. But unfortunately, I don't think that's going to change any time soon, so to view profiles you will need to stick to using your browser.

Leo Pard 22-10-2012 11:09 PM

There is no hope of RYL updating any time soon. We were due V4 about two years ago.

sajhfuahuefghaeg 23-10-2012 07:12 AM

*strokes beard*
*wanders off to see if there's a plugin i can fix*

sajhfuahuefghaeg 23-10-2012 09:25 AM

I've had a nosy and there's no option for it on the main site, so it'll be something forum side that I don't have access to.

Edit; unless I am blind, I will have another look later.

recovery_hope 23-10-2012 04:55 PM

You don't have to update vBulletin, just have harley go to www.tapatalk.con and login to update the TapaTalk plugin

sajhfuahuefghaeg 23-10-2012 05:10 PM

Yes, however I do not have the log in details for that as I am not the webmaster.

recovery_hope 23-10-2012 11:27 PM

I know. That's why I said Harley.

GlitterTrashDoll 23-10-2012 11:37 PM

Harley isn't online much as the minute, so he is hard to contact in order to ask him to do this.

recovery_hope 24-10-2012 12:32 AM

Oh...

Dreaming. 24-10-2012 12:36 AM

Yeah, good luck getting through to Harley. Definitely worth flagging though, and can be added to the (massively long) to-do list.

/feelslikeahorribleperson

what is tapatalk?

GlitterTrashDoll 24-10-2012 01:16 AM

An app that allows users to view forums better and not have to use their phone's browser.

Left Phalange 24-10-2012 04:01 PM

What is a Harley?

griddlebone 24-10-2012 04:14 PM

I got a PM from Harley the other day. I FEEL SPECIAAAAL.x

sajhfuahuefghaeg 24-10-2012 04:20 PM

wtf i want one.

Leo Pard 24-10-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recovery_hope (Post 3397597)
You don't have to update vBulletin, just have Harley go to www.tapatalk.con and login to update the TapaTalk plugin.

Yeah... Have fun with that.

recovery_hope 25-10-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Left Phalange (Post 3398652)
What is a Harley?

Lol, that was great. I'm sure he's busy.

Queen Crabbit 25-10-2012 08:48 PM

Not been here in about two years, Harley's not still around but hasn't had the decency to hand over the stuff needed to run the forum properly to someone who can do it. Some things never change.

Buttons. 25-10-2012 10:13 PM

Side note *complete derailment of thread* Lovely to see you around again Chels :)

Leo Pard 25-10-2012 10:35 PM

CRABZORZ! HAI.

Dreaming. 25-10-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Crabbit (Post 3400135)
Not been here in about two years, Harley's not still around but hasn't had the decency to hand over the stuff needed to run the forum properly to someone who can do it. Some things never change.

It's almost reassuring when you come back. Like when you go to your favourite sandwich shop from home and they still sell the same shitty sandwiches five years on. You know they're bad but it's a comfortable continuity!

Buttons. 26-10-2012 09:19 AM

^ Ha ha you are such a charmer Jo ;-p

Leo Pard 26-10-2012 01:03 PM

Wishing hard is the phrase that just sprung to mind...

Queen Crabbit 27-10-2012 08:14 PM

Hello everyone :) Haha Jo it feels like I've been gone about two days because it's the EXACT same issues people are having as they were whenever I was last around! Or did I read your post wrong and you're saying that I am a shitty sandwich, eh?!

sajhfuahuefghaeg 29-10-2012 10:01 AM

CHELS <3

Dreaming. 29-10-2012 12:04 PM

Dearest Chels, no you did read the post correctly - not to worry!

I would never call you a shitty sandwich :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.