RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   There's a lion on the loose!! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193747)

Scumbelina 26-08-2012 11:57 PM

There's a lion on the loose!!
 
There's a li.on on the loose in Essex :-o

red_ry 27-08-2012 12:31 AM

Pics or it didn't happen. Go. Go out there with your camera.

Scumbelina 27-08-2012 01:03 AM

No, the police said to stay indoors!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...loose-in-essex

Scumbelina 27-08-2012 01:05 AM

Link fail

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-19388301

TrixiePix 27-08-2012 01:08 AM

apparently it didn't escape from the zoo, so where did it come from?

Scumbelina 27-08-2012 01:08 AM

Maybe a circus

GlitterTrashDoll 27-08-2012 03:17 AM

There's been a circus which finished at the start of the month which uses lions 2 miles away from where the lion has been spotted. But why has it only just been spotted if it came from there?! haha.

GlitterTrashDoll 27-08-2012 03:19 AM

Oh - the circus has confirmed no animals are missing.

MunchBox 27-08-2012 03:48 AM

Heh, how exciting.

Scumbelina 27-08-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitterTrashDoll (Post 3345674)
Oh - the circus has confirmed no animals are missing.

:ermm: Strange. Maybe it was someone keeping it in their back garden?

Wasn't there a thing in America where a man released all his big cats & then commit suicide? Or did I make that up in my head?! :notsure:

BeautifulFreak24 27-08-2012 03:54 AM

Yeah, it happened in Ohio.
Crazy stuff.
Stay inside, and safe :)

GlitterTrashDoll 27-08-2012 03:59 AM

Well people have reported seeing "big cats" all over England for ages - maybe this is one of them that's ventured into the city! Brave kitty.

Scumbelina 27-08-2012 04:09 AM

So sad. But they are better off dead than living how he kept them :-(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jUT6e_32M"]Scary Ohio Man Lets His 50 Wild Animals Loose Commits Suicide! - YouTube[/ame]

RickSpleen 27-08-2012 05:58 AM

BBC confirmed:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-19388301

Quote:

Essex police are working with experts from Colchester Zoo who believe the reports to be genuine after being shown a photograph by a member of the public.

Local resident Che Kevlin told the BBC: "I heard a loud roar at 10pm. It sounded like the roar of a lion."
So, looks like something serious.

Always new it was dangerous down south. Now I know.

GlitterTrashDoll 27-08-2012 11:09 AM

Apprently there's a panther on the loose in Cotswolds too but that's been on the loose since April.

snailonvalium 27-08-2012 11:15 AM

Its Aslan!!

angel of despair 27-08-2012 11:23 AM

All the exciting stuff happens in essex when i'm home from uni :(

Theres a documentary about the man who let all animals escape in Ohio its quite interesting.

Cacoethes 27-08-2012 02:05 PM

i saw a panther out of my window in hospital last year.

no one believed me

The War Doctor 27-08-2012 02:59 PM

I was wondering where my lion went! *grabs tranquiliser gun* Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Essex.

Unbreakable. 27-08-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exploding Rickshaws (Post 3346027)
I was wondering where my lion went! *grabs tranquiliser gun* Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Essex.


Oh, did you get the one from Dublin Zoo after all?

The War Doctor 27-08-2012 03:11 PM

Yeah, I'll give him to you when you get here. If I can track the bastard down.

Unbreakable. 27-08-2012 03:26 PM

So you refused to steal him when I suggested it and then you go and get him anyway when I'm not around to join the fun?!?!

Sparkling Light 27-08-2012 03:28 PM

I feel like I missed out!


hmm, maybe someone should catch it?
*I vote not me!*

random.swirls 27-08-2012 04:57 PM

Apparently they think it was a big cat!!

The War Doctor 27-08-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by random.swirls (Post 3346118)
Apparently they think it was a big cat!!

...it is a big cat.

GlitterTrashDoll 27-08-2012 05:08 PM

...cats don't have manes. Oh silly people! I want it to be true!

Unbreakable. 27-08-2012 05:17 PM


GlitterTrashDoll 27-08-2012 06:04 PM

Literally doing this to my cat.
OR
Dress my dog up as a lion and my cat as Simba and reenact Lion King...

...*wonders off to eBay*

TrixiePix 27-08-2012 06:25 PM

that is the cuetest little lion cat ever

Unbreakable. 27-08-2012 10:54 PM

I think there is even a video on youtube about that cat.

Leo Pard 27-08-2012 11:52 PM

There is a black Panther (the animal, not the society) running around a common near me apparetly. Has been for years so I really don't know if it's true...
Anyway, didn't they confirm that it actually wasn't a lion or something earlier.

x-dying-inside-x 27-08-2012 11:56 PM

Didn't they find paw prints near where it was seen.

Scumbelina 27-08-2012 11:59 PM

There's no such thing as a panther. It's a black leopard :-p

trechu 28-08-2012 03:28 AM

This thread made me laugh out loud, love it!


Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitterTrashDoll (Post 3346177)
Literally doing this to my cat.
OR
Dress my dog up as a lion and my cat as Simba and reenact Lion King...

...*wonders off to eBay*


Film it if you do, haha.

Scaredy-cat 28-08-2012 11:56 AM

Last time they thought there was a tiger it turned out to be a stuffed toy in a field. Hilarious, they were being all cautious then a helicopter that was involved landed nearby and it flipped over. Kind of gave the game away :)

Scumbelina 28-08-2012 12:56 PM

That's what I thought of scaredy-cat! They looked like foooools

ForgottonAngel 21-09-2012 04:03 PM

Theres big cat sightings in the canton area, as well. I saw some before Im a bit confused as to how something that looked like a snow leopard, is walking around kfc and walmart year ago. They say people buy these animals at auctions, im not sure where so many of them are coming from. Some people are making an effort, to help the big cats, I hate hearing that they have been shot, put to sleep, or hit by a car, in ohio. People in Canton are seeing a varity of big kitties :p. There are some efforts of people trying to take care of them. One wild animal farm, im trying to think of the name of it, takes in cats that where victims of irrosponsible people. The big cats are far to great to be treated like this. Some of them are not built for this weather either and they are on the loose in ohio. I think it would be cool if I could get my health back people told me I was good with larger and small animals. I don't have much fear of pitbulls, big cats, rottweilers, or even larger dogs because they normally are not that dangerous if you know how to treat them right, normally when they growl or show there fangs they are scared people need to show them its ok. Some of the bigiest fierciest looking animals are pretty harmless when you warm up to him/her. I think my mom get nervous that I don't have much fear of them. When i was volunteering at the shelter, a couple guys started saying let her get the dog. It interesting how they feel comfortable around her , one of the guys was joking and he was like Im just as nice to this dog as Meg is, he always comes to her though. They where trying to figuire if it was my soft voice or that some animals feel less fear arounds women." Some animals dogs have been used as bait, fighting, show ring animals but many can be fixed it just takes time. You would be amazed at how well the humane society does. with helping animals :)

Just one of the many sightings http://fox8.com/2012/08/02/is-there-...-north-canton/


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.