RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Christmas Trees (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179073)

The One Who 13-12-2011 02:40 PM

Christmas Trees
 
Now that it is twelve days until Christmas and most people, if not everyone, will have their decorations up, I am interested in what you put on the top of your tree. This was also sparked from a question in my Advent calendar* this morning.


*It said fairy.

griddlebone 13-12-2011 02:57 PM

I dont know whether mine is an angel or a fairy!x

The One Who 13-12-2011 03:04 PM

What do you think it is?

And where do fairies even come in to Christmas anyway?!

BridgesAndBalloons 13-12-2011 03:12 PM

I'm not sure what part fairies play in Christmas, maybe it's people mistaking angels for fairies?

I have a star, just because I needed to buy something and some of the angels looked pretty creepy.

Stellata 13-12-2011 03:13 PM

I don't have a tree. But generally I used to have a star. Or a very neutral coloured angel.

GlitterTrashDoll 13-12-2011 03:29 PM

A santa type looking man for some reason. :S

Petite Souris 13-12-2011 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the thing we put on our tree =)

Popple 13-12-2011 04:01 PM

We have a felt embroidered star. It doesn't really go on top of the tree it just ties onto the top branch with ribbon. :)

GlitterTrashDoll 13-12-2011 04:29 PM

We normally would have ours up by now but we are having a new carpet fitted on Saturday so we are putting it up then! (:

Gone. 13-12-2011 04:33 PM

You have questions in your advent calendar?

We've got an angel on top of our tree. It was either that, or have my cats climb up it and pretend to be angels ;)...

The One Who 13-12-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petite Souris (Post 3063695)
This is the thing we put on our tree =)

That looks lethal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shine. (Post 3063717)
You have questions in your advent calendar?

Yes. Every day there is a little question, usually something like "What colour is Rudolph's nose? but the one about what traditionally sits on top the tree interested me because I don't know anyone who puts a fairy on.

I wanted the M&S advent calendar that had daily puzzles, but my mum didn't get me it. I could have bought it myself, but never managed to get there in time.

Gone. 13-12-2011 04:39 PM

^ I like that idea :D... I might do it next year!

Childerbeast 13-12-2011 04:41 PM

Mines an angel...wearing a kids penguin hat - she's cool like that :)

Petite Souris 13-12-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The One Who (Post 3063718)
That looks lethal!

.

Haha yes! It's quite a weird top to put on a tree. It never seemed christmasy to me =P

tearsinheaven 13-12-2011 05:17 PM

An angel that is 20 years old.
I made her when I was four. She looks like she's been through the wars and only has one wing and no hair. My mother will continue to put her on the top of the tree till all that's left of her is the kitchen roll insert she's made from.

Scrabble. 13-12-2011 05:18 PM

We had a Fairy up until last year, She was getting abit shabby so we have a santa now. :/

x

MunchBox 13-12-2011 05:30 PM

It depends on what we've got, I don't think we've even got any ornaments because Mother went on a rampage and threw away everything last year, including the Christmas tree.

EDIT: Just went downstairs and found out we've got a 3 ft tree with a red ribbon tied at the top. Funny I didn't even notice.

Louise 13-12-2011 05:34 PM

mine is an angel

hannah93 13-12-2011 06:33 PM

We have a 22 year old wooden angel that was given to my elder sister when she was born near Christmas and was in paediatric intensive care. We have had it ever since and it has a lot of memories attached to it. My dad calls it a fairy though. Silly man, it is quite clearly an angel!

Mrs Sam 13-12-2011 06:45 PM

A wire and bead angel. It's pretty. My mam has an angel that she's had since before I was born. I'm almost 29!

FabulousMike 13-12-2011 06:58 PM

Nothing because i don't have a tree or any Christmas decorations.

hannah93 13-12-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmike (Post 3063830)
Nothing because i don't have a tree or any Christmas decorations.

poor mike!! you need to get some!

FabulousMike 13-12-2011 07:06 PM

Nah, i've gone years without, waste of time if you ask me.

Cacoethes 13-12-2011 07:46 PM

i put other, because usually its whatever we can find which will sit on the top of the tree.
so could be anything.

this year, it is nothing :(

ClaireDeLune 13-12-2011 08:13 PM

We have a cat with a bow around its neck! Not sure why!!

effervescence 13-12-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petite Souris (Post 3063695)
This is the thing we put on our tree =)

Same! And it's red too. I don't know the history of them but my father always insists on it because it's traditional to him.

Cazki 13-12-2011 09:42 PM

We havent got the tree or decorations up yet. We put an angel at the top of our tree. I'm glad we dont put them up early. I think they will be going up Sunday though. I dont like christmas im glad when its over. The only part of christmas i like is decorations trees and lights. I think if i lived alone i wouldnt bother with anything.

Sefka 13-12-2011 10:05 PM

In my family, the decorations never go up before my birthday (which is on Friday.) But when they do, I think we have a star on the tree. Either that or this scratty old Santa.

Pi.R^2 13-12-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunchBox (Post 3063764)
EDIT: Just went downstairs and found out we've got a 3 ft tree with a red ribbon tied at the top. Funny I didn't even notice.

Haha, good times!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmike (Post 3063844)
Nah, i've gone years without, waste of time if you ask me.

SCROOGE!!

Ours is small and has nothing on top :'( But there is a cheeking christmas pudding christmas card poked into the side, because we have no card-displaying
equipment, and flatmate wanted to display the card :)

ASkatersDream... 13-12-2011 10:45 PM

some bells... we did have a star but it didt fit the new christmas tree

Heaven Knows 13-12-2011 10:47 PM

I has a springy thing with five stars on it...sounds odd but it's actually pretty nice :)

Fry 13-12-2011 10:48 PM

Don't have a tree or anything in my flat this year as I won't be here over Xmas.
Though we had a fairy at family Xmases when I was younger.

Field Of Paper Flowers 13-12-2011 11:06 PM

Always been an angel but as I grew up we stopped putting it at the top of the tree and started to use a star as I didn't want the angel to get ruined.

Since stopping having a big tree up for everyone I have my little tree up and I have an angel for that too. =)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.