![]() |
Worse Christmas present?
What is the worst Christmas present you have received? Socks that were two sizes too small or worse?
For me, it was an RSPCA calendar. Why? For various reasons I hate the RSPCA and I absolutely refuse to have anything to do with them. So it went straight in the bin, despite my mother being annoyed (she has not repeated the same mistake). So what is yours??? |
this weird porcelain thing. from my nan
|
Lol, why are you so against the RSPCA?
For me it was in a secret santa with friends. Price limit was £20, and I got a hat. Like a really nice 'cool' one from accesorize, but I don't wear hats. It sat in my drawer for years, never worn. That was a disappointing year for secret santas indeed! |
a winter coat i got from my dad last year
|
A really ugly bowl filled with lollies that were gross.
|
A mickey mouse sewing kit when I was 18.....
|
urm...a really quite evil-looking Santa music box from this doddery old friend of my nan's. It looked possessed D: Also - mega embarrassing, as I was 12, and had no want/need for a music box :D
|
Last Christmas my grandparents got my siblings and me each a pocket-sized copy of the US. Constitution. LOL!
|
why not give it to charity rather than sticking it in the bin and generally being ungrateful?
|
An already-opened basket of cotton wool. From a friend. To be fair, I didn't get her anything.
|
Can't think of anything I've particularly disliked off the top of my head.
Last year's version of this thread descended into an argument after someone pointed out it could be seen as ungrateful to say any were 'worst.' Did make me chuckle to remember.. |
Quote:
I did once get from a Secret Santa an rather ugly tealight holder. It just wasnt too my taste. So in January I took it to the charity I volunteer for so that they could sell in their charity shop. |
I had a pen knife off my dad once...it wasn't even a good one :|
|
give it to someone? i get presents i dont like but ive never put anything in the bin, and i think if i did my mum would just refuse to buy me anything again.
|
I was given marshmallows, which I can't eat as the vast majority have gelatine in (I'm vegetarian) I found it odd because it was a veggie who gave them to me.
I was given a vegetarian cook book last year, it was second hand, which wouldn't usually bother me but there was food smeared on a lot of the pages (they'd stuck together) it was a bit gross. |
Quote:
Google "RSPCA and putting animals down" and you will find things that the RSPCA have done wrong when other charities have not had to take some drastic action. BTW if anyone here is an RSPCA volunteer, I am not angry at you, as the volunteers are not to blame. It's the managers and those that are in headquarters making decisions who are to blame, not the volunteers. |
HA HA I could go on forever! My Dad re-married in 2004 to a women that obviously never bought for any one below the age of 50 lol! One year I got an orange wrapped up… and ear buds :/
I got this really horrible cat calendar last year… which was horrible because my cat had died… :( Maybe this year I'll get coal wrapped up??? :P |
I've never really had any "bad" presents. And it IS the thought that counts blah blah blah.
However for Secret Santa at work I got a scarf two years in a row haha. They werent even fun or quirky. I have put them to good use to be fair, I'm always losing those sorts of things. But it was kind of annoying because I'd thought long and hard about what to get for my Secret Santa. Also once a hat in my stocking that was grim. But that went to a charity shop. Speaking of bad presents though...I did GIVE a bad present once. I was quite young and had been tasked with getting my mums present for the first time on my own. Not having a clue what to get I ended up buying her a can of deodrant...because it was called Mum. I had no idea it was deodrant though lol |
I don't really think you can get a 'bad' present, as Lou Lou said its the thought and all that jazz :)
But a couple of years ago I got a Bible from a friend (I am not religious and never have been and she knows this), it wasn't bad i just thought it was random and i dont know what she expected me to do. Maybe she thought i would 'find' God? :S No offence to anyone who is relgious btw it was just a strange present to give to someone who is clearly not religious :D I hope i didnt offend anyone! |
Quote:
|
Absolutely, it's the thought that counts.
When I was 12, my grandad gave me a Thomas the Tank Engine book/cassette that was obviously meant for a 5 year old. I was so anxious to make him believe that I really liked it (and therefore not get told off for being ungrateful) that I launched myself across the room to give him a hug, tripped and cracked my head on the edge of a wooden chair. I cried lots. |
For 4 years my Step-Great Nan gave me a BBC history magazine for christmas.
Strangely I miss her presents now I'm over 16. (She stops sending gifts when you hit 16 - special lady lol) |
not a strange one myself, but my cousin said she wanted a baby, she got a doll from quid shop :')
|
Quote:
My Grandma got a very luminous handbag, I never carry handbags but I didn't throw it away; It's somewhere in my room filled with a lot of crap. |
I've had some very odd presents but hum for Christmas last year I got my friends second hand pair of ugg boots now this would be fine except she knows I hate ugh boots!!
For my birthday she gave me a fake DVD that doesn't work and I know they say the thought counts and what not but I was really offended by that haha |
Quote:
Quote:
|
I asked for a Tokio Hotel book for Christmas.
My dad got it me. All good right? No. He got me the German version. Instead of taking it back he decided I should learn German. ¬_¬ I also got a Toolbox for Christmas? I am a girly girl. I like make-up and glitter. :/ The reasoning? "It could be turned into a make-up box.." *headdesk* |
^ Haha! I love that the solution is to learn German :P
|
I really can't think of a worse Christmas present! Last year I did a secret Santa with people from my drama course at uni and it was ****ing ****. Everyone ended up revealing who they had and it just ruined it. So the girl who had me she bought me some little Hello Kitty box with a Hello Kitty inside, stickers and sweets HOWEVER she did buy me a t-shirt and I think it was supposed to be an MCR one and it had gone out of stock so she ordered me one that is black with a like shirt pattern on it. I can't recall where I have put it but it was a lovely thought from her. But that wasn't the worse... I really can't think what has been the worse! XD
|
I once got a load of really girly, tight-fitting clothes :/. I cannot cope with tight-fitting clothes and I am not very feminine at all.
But the good thing is, is that I gave some of the clothes to charity and the rest to a friend who is younger than me. When my mum and I actually talked, she used to throw away all my presents, saying to my face that they were "rubbish" or "not suitable", birthdays included. Needless to say I stopped buying her presents when I moved out into supported housing. |
I try not to hate any of my Christmas presents, no matter how random. However, once I got a secret santa gift from a girl on my swim team that was a cardboard jewelry box filled with used bath beads. They were all different colors and sizes, and had pretty obviously been leftovers of other sets. Also, it was labeled on the inside, "To Emma, Love Grandma".
Neither her name or mine was Emma. Where the heck did that box come from?! |
If I recieve something I dont like I re use it as a present for someone else the next year.
|
My nan always gets me presents which are never going to be used every year. When I was about 14 she got me this horrible top which stuck to me and choked me. She also used to give me free stuff from magazines every year. Like make up and stuff. I've never ever used make up that came free from a magazine so I don't even know why she bothered with that one.
|
It didn't take me long to remember the worst... I was 7 at the time and got sticks and stones in my stocking as my present.
|
Quote:
|
A toothpick
...oh, wait... >_> |
Quote:
|
Oh, just remembered that boyface once got me a fake Ipod from China off Ebay. For a fiver. The day I got it, the USB cable broke so we had to send off for a new one. When I got a new one, I put some songs on there, within a day, the "Ipod" was dead. Not one of his greatest ideas
|
Quote:
wtf... thats awful |
Celtic Wings - that really is awful! Was it a punnishment for being naughty or a joke with your real present elsewhere? Both cruel to a seven year old I would say.
|
I think the only bad present I ever got was when my brother got me a Macy Grey cd. I was disgusted. My friend rang me and it was all I would go on about. I brought it back and changed it for Geri Halliwell though.
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:23 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.