RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The BBC documentary (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15238)

Belt 28-08-2007 04:06 PM

The BBC documentary
 
So if there's another thread like this-just delete it!
But is anyone thinking about taking part in that BBC documentary?

beautiful&dying 28-08-2007 04:12 PM

I'm not going to take part. I'd love to if it was anonymous but can't bear the shame of telling all on tv and then having to go into work or something...

LittleBabyNothing 28-08-2007 04:14 PM

No friggin way, i already embarassed myself last time >_<

Voldemort 28-08-2007 04:16 PM

I'd do it, then realized I hate cameras...

Belt 28-08-2007 04:19 PM

I just called the chick-but she's not in her office. So I left her a message. I think I sounded afraid. Althogh her voicemail greeting sounded lovely.

-Chelsey- 28-08-2007 05:01 PM

I think she'd be the one not wanting me, my life is incrediably boring.

I guess it would be ok, also good it's not a huge camera crew, that would freak me out.
But yeah, I left her an email the other day, more asking questions than being commital.
But eeeesh. Sounds pretty good.

Belt 28-08-2007 05:55 PM

Yeah my life is seriously boring. What the heck would they even do?

LemonTangWang 28-08-2007 06:04 PM

I didn't know they were making one, i'd kinda like to but i couldn't have my parents seeing that.

Scumbelina 28-08-2007 06:12 PM

I was chosen to take part in 'The farm of fussy eaters', they filmed me, my Dad & my Friends. I dropped out due to circumstances changing & they couldn't even be bothered to Email me back to say 'thanks for letting us know/thats a shame/good luck' etc.

I realised that they didn't give a sh*t about me or my problems or about helping me. They just wanted TV. I watched the programme & they just wanted a freak show.

I'd like to think that the BBC would be different & would be doing it for educational purposes...all I'm saying is BE CAREFUL, don't let them make you out to be something you're not.

Sorrowfree 28-08-2007 06:15 PM

I sent her an e-mail yesterday evening; no reply yet. I'm not 100% sure I want to be involved.

toothpaste 28-08-2007 06:17 PM

i would. but my would kill me

Belt 28-08-2007 06:18 PM

Oh Im sorry. What channel was that for?

Scumbelina 28-08-2007 06:20 PM

They were called 'Leopard Films' It was for UkStyle or Living channel I think. They did 'Cash in the Attic' & the bootsale bargain type programmes.

x-dying-inside-x 28-08-2007 06:20 PM

i would love to do it, just to get it out there about self-harm.
i did email but got no reply yet.

Belt 28-08-2007 06:21 PM

I wasn't sure about it last night but after a lot of thinking. I'm certain I really want to take part-everyone in my school knows about me. I think setting the record straight and getting rid of the rumours and not to mention helping people would be totally worth it.

Queen Crabbit 28-08-2007 06:33 PM

I'm up for it, although I'm not going to put myself in for sure until I know exactly what it involves.

guiltyinnocence 28-08-2007 06:49 PM

id love to do it, but i just couldnt
its really good though that people are considering being involved, cus it will hopefully mean that the public might actually get a useful account and stuff

tearsofgold 28-08-2007 07:02 PM

again, as has been said many times, i e-mailed her, but got no reply.
xxx

Swallow The Knife 28-08-2007 09:59 PM

I'd like to, but I don't think I could go through it all coming out that way. A lot of people don't know anything about it with me. I'd feel bad if that was how they learnt it.

It does seam like a really good idea and stuff though!

Kame 28-08-2007 10:18 PM

I think the people who wanna take part are well brave! I'm way too shy for camera & talking about my self harm openly =S

all-hope.lost-forever 28-08-2007 10:57 PM

I aslo e-mailed her but havent had a reply back yet!

HopeRises 29-08-2007 12:20 AM

I also sent an email.

Bleeding Angel 30-08-2007 03:27 PM

I think alot of people sent emails, so give it some time, she will be a busy women after all :)

Personally i dont know, would be a good way to tell the parents though ha ha

Douglass 30-08-2007 03:37 PM

I was going to do it, then I realised I would not be allowed to as she would not be allowed to film me whilst working as work is mad enough already at me

archer one 30-08-2007 07:58 PM

I emailed too a few days ago and I got a call back today asking for some history, if people living with me willbe supportive or not, and about the best time to meet with the director but then my phone battery ran out so I'm not sure whats happening.

Everyone else that has emailed just be patient I understand she has a big pile to work through, but se sounds absolutely lovely.

Pink Lemonade Fairy 30-08-2007 09:38 PM

My daddy works with her *thinks* well not with her but he works at the BBC and I was like do you know this person by any chance? And he was like yeah I've heard of her actually haha okay this is getting really random...

Yeah I might take part...I need to talk it through with my boyfriend first me thinks and he's on holiday grrr

x-dying-inside-x 31-08-2007 12:07 AM

i dont know if my mum would let me do it, but im not going to tell her untell i get an email back.

Wolfstar 31-08-2007 03:31 AM

Yeah, I emailed too. I said I wasn't sure about doing the whole being followed and filmed for 3 weeks thing (honestly, I don't do anything anyway!), but I was definitely interested in having some involvement. Not had a reply yet, but like other people have said, she's probably really busy.
Also, anyone else hit the 'Send' button and then think 'Oh my God, what have I done'? Lol. I'm back to thinking it could be a good idea now though.

.ghost. 31-08-2007 08:49 AM

I said I might be interested when I emailed her.

I think I'd actually love to do it, but my parents might not, but I'm going to talk to my psych about it because if she thinks it's an ok idea then she can easily persuade my parents.

Most people don't know about my SI, but my close friends do (and family) so I wouldn't feel guilty about other people only finding out by TV, I doubt most people would actually watch it to be honest...

Crimsia Wristio 31-08-2007 09:47 AM

I'm taking part, i am already guaranteed a part.
i spent 30 minutes last night talking to a researcher about me!
its going to be so cool ^_^

BeautyFiend 31-08-2007 10:44 AM

Oh hell no.
I don't particularly feel the need to tell the entire UK that I self harm.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 31-08-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all-hope.lost-forever (Post 241876)
I aslo e-mailed her but havent had a reply back yet!

me to :blush:

Snow White. 31-08-2007 11:04 AM

Despite being in Australia, I was thinking of this in bed the other night [I'm so cool] and I realised that I would be so easy to film.

Just put the camera on a tripod & point it at my laptop.
<3
Yah. That's one interesting doco.

Crimsia Wristio 31-08-2007 11:05 AM

yeah shes on holiday right now, one of her work mates is trying to get round people. some people might not even get a phone call, you never know.
i was lucky, i was the first person to sign up and i got in

Quote:

Originally Posted by *hidden_pain* (Post 245903)
me to :blush:


EyelinerAndCigarettes 31-08-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimsia Wristio (Post 245841)
I'm taking part, i am already guaranteed a part.
i spent 30 minutes last night talking to a researcher about me!
its going to be so cool ^_^

Was that by just Emailing her sweetie? :-D

xx <3 helen

Crimsia Wristio 31-08-2007 11:07 AM

yaha all i did was email her

EyelinerAndCigarettes 31-08-2007 11:16 AM

lucky you!
I want to be in it :D

xx

Snow White. 31-08-2007 11:16 AM

Good luck :-)
Make sure you shine your shoes, 'n stuff!

Zedebee 31-08-2007 11:25 AM

*giggles at Aimee*
You should do your own special Aussie version

Pink Lemonade Fairy 31-08-2007 12:04 PM

I really can't decide whether I want to do it or not so I'm going to let fate decide. If she emails me back and is interested I'll do it if not and too many people have already got a part it was never meant to be!

Snow White. 31-08-2007 12:37 PM

That's a good way to look at it, Chloe.
:)

Swarovski 31-08-2007 03:21 PM

Hehe, I got an email back :)
x

x-dying-inside-x 31-08-2007 03:29 PM

thats great Kerry what did it say???

meganf 31-08-2007 03:40 PM

i would rly love to take part but i know that
1, my life is boring
2, if i went to my town i would get beeten up
3 my parents would kill me
grr

sherlock holmes 31-08-2007 08:45 PM

I've emailed her. I want to be a part of this, and I think that my circumstances are quite interesting for a documentary, with me being in a specialist self harm unit and all.

shootingstar777 01-09-2007 11:48 AM

I phoned and left a voicemail. She rang me and we chatted, and she's gonna ring me back on monday afternoon, after she's spoken to emma.

linder surprise 01-09-2007 03:33 PM

lolzzz.
i'm not going to be in it. i can't think of anything worse.

BeautyFiend 01-09-2007 03:53 PM

Linda, you should totally do it.
that'd make my life.

linder surprise 01-09-2007 04:37 PM

i'd only give cutters a bad name, haha.
i'm one of those attention seeking ones, anyway. who cut with paper clips & then SHOW THEM AROUNDDD to all my friends trying to get as much sympathy as possible.

Bleeding Angel 01-09-2007 04:37 PM

I think i jus said id like it to focus on older people rather than the whole sterotypic schoolie teenager.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.