RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The Internet Shuts Down Tomorrow (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130686)

ColourExplosion 22-03-2010 03:14 PM

The Internet Shuts Down Tomorrow
 
As of tomorrow there is no internet.

What do you do?! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Rhuben 22-03-2010 03:20 PM

Don't even think of breaking my precious internet! :plain:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQUWUfmR_I[/ame]

akita 22-03-2010 03:56 PM

I'd cry if there was no internets.

ColourExplosion 22-03-2010 04:08 PM

I seriously think I'd stay in my room and stare at the 4 walls all day :P

Bleeding Angel 22-03-2010 04:15 PM

die..

Katiee 22-03-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Angel (Post 2197441)
die..


squirrelspit 22-03-2010 04:19 PM

i might actually leave the house!!!

MrsNutkin 22-03-2010 04:26 PM

According to those 'up' there we couldn't live without the interweb. I would struggle without the interweb at as we speak am struggling as have just moved house

whirlpools 22-03-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrelspit (Post 2197448)
i might actually leave the house!!!

Be careful. There's scary things out there. Like pigeons.

sherbet lemon 22-03-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernLights (Post 2197462)
Be careful. There's scary things out there. Like pigeons.


very true i nearly got attacked by pigeons today i was scared lol. they swooped down very close to my head :-(

akita 22-03-2010 04:38 PM

Birds are scary.

lungs locked lips locked 22-03-2010 04:39 PM

Well the other day I thought my laptop had gone caput, and I sat curled up on the sofa in my slanket staring at tv screen and feeling like *****.
Seeing as I have the shittiest signal phone wise here as well, I would probably be a very unahppy person.

*nurtures the internet*

ColourExplosion 22-03-2010 04:45 PM

I love you, internet.
*strokes*

Cryptic. 22-03-2010 04:53 PM

Get all my close friends addresses & write letters, & meet them all one day.

Schleier von Dunst 22-03-2010 04:54 PM

Tomorrow? I'd go to school as normal, curse and swear when I couldn't get into my school emails, because there's some important information there, then come home and cry because my precious internet ist Kaputt.

Hannah Montana 22-03-2010 04:56 PM

I'd probably perform better in my uni assignments!

Fry 22-03-2010 06:17 PM

probably watch more films and get a stronger resemblance of an actual life.
it would do me good not to be able to rely so heavily on the internet.

Annaberry 22-03-2010 06:33 PM

Run in circles and cry. Then stock up on fanfiction :)

StaceyBee 22-03-2010 06:43 PM

Does it include phone internet?
If not, I'd just go on Facebook on my phone haha
Otherwise I'd probably spend all day being sad and then go to bed early haha
Please don't say the internet's gonna break!!!!
:(

Jefferson.Meriwether 22-03-2010 06:45 PM

Probably go :eek: followed by :crazy: :mad: for a couple of minutes before rediscovering what it was like to live without tinterweb.

mikey 22-03-2010 07:23 PM

I went a month without internet and it was lovely. I did lots of other far more interesting and useful things.
But, I confess, it was nice to have it back :D

sherlock holmes 22-03-2010 07:56 PM

When I was sectioned there was no internet. I had no access to a computer or a phone for about four months until I was allowed on home leave.

I actually coped. I read a hell of a lot of books. And talked to people. And watched television.

lungs locked lips locked 22-03-2010 07:57 PM

I'd probably have a fine time without internet if I had good signal where I live and a job.

NeonHaze 22-03-2010 08:04 PM

I would actually get some work done and go to bed at a decent time

risenfromperdition 22-03-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrelspit (Post 2197448)
i might actually leave the house!!!

lol

AutumnMoon 22-03-2010 08:28 PM

Arm myself with weapons;
The zombies may try to attack if they figure out we have no internet and thus won't be able to communicate as fast or as wide-spread!

lungs locked lips locked 22-03-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemon. (Post 2197878)
go up to london and protest the ****, possibly with bottles filled with petrol.

ooooo, that sounds like much more fun than just being miserable. I'm doing that.

The War Doctor 22-03-2010 08:45 PM

In hospital I had no internet access whatsoever. I read a whole book every day. It'd actually be pretty nice to go without the internet for a little while, although I doubt I'd be able to do it unless the internet really did shut down.

I wouldn't just read though. I'd put a deck chair on my roof, get some binoculars, and watch the world fall to pieces.

PrincessVegeta_x 22-03-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrelspit (Post 2197448)
i might actually leave the house!!!


Lou Lou 22-03-2010 09:33 PM

wow, it would be like being 12 again!

I still remember when there were no mobiles and no internet. I used to actually walk across the street to socialise :confused:

I suppose without internet I'd buy a lot of books. And make a lot phone calls. And go out more.

StaceyBee 22-03-2010 09:34 PM

I had no internet earlier for like 3 or 4 hours cos there was no money on the electric meter
So I spent the morning ringing for a crisis loan and reading haha
I read a lot more without internet though

The War Doctor 22-03-2010 09:34 PM

How did they do things before the internet? I didn't have internet access until I was about 14, but how did the world work before the internet existed at all?

Smoke signals or something? Or did we just not know anything about whatever lay beyond our small hamlets of clay-and-wattle huts? Were we completely unaware of the existence of whole other countries, until someone came and planted the great black monolith that is the internet in the village square?

Stellata 22-03-2010 09:38 PM

Well, the internet didn't really take off until I was in my late 20s.

We made phone calls, basically. On the, you know, land line. And, like, wrote letters. On paper!

StaceyBee 22-03-2010 09:42 PM

I'm really bad now I've got internet, I'm staying with my mate at the moment and we don't even talk to each other properly, we sit across the room talking to each other on Facebook haha

Voldemort 22-03-2010 09:42 PM

I would possibly have to write my dissertation.

Now that's a scary thought.

I would also just watch more ER.

what_the? 22-03-2010 09:42 PM

I had two months with virtually no internet last summer, I coped, but then I was busy doing other things.

Now, if it broke, I think I'd probably cry and then go to the pub!
Then the next day I'd invent some telepathy device to replace skype, so that I could call the UK without getting a ridiculous phone bill. Actually, though, my phone bill's done on the internet, so I'd probs just phone people all day.

Feel_Good_inc. 22-03-2010 10:05 PM

panic

I don't know what I'd do without it. The internet is the only social interaction I get.

Freedom Fighter 22-03-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah Montana (Post 2197521)
I'd probably perform better in my uni assignments!

I have to say this

effervescence 23-03-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feel_Good (Post 2198146)
panic

I don't know what I'd do without it. The internet is the only social interaction I get.

And then I would probably have to move to England so that I could actually see people in real life.

Leo Pard 23-03-2010 02:11 AM

I would die if this were true.
I live online.

lungs locked lips locked 23-03-2010 02:14 AM

I think you'd be more liekly to die if you're xbox broke.

Leo Pard 23-03-2010 02:24 AM

Shhhhhhh.

Leo Pard 23-03-2010 02:24 AM

Don't let voldemort know or he'll just break it.

Kame 23-03-2010 11:43 AM

I think I would probably do something more productive with my life, or spend more time doing all of the other time wasting activities I do. Like playing the Xbox and watching Scrubs.

__T 23-03-2010 12:23 PM

Gym, then pub, in that order.
Although I dont think it would bother me too much, having a Blackberry... :P

Voldemort 23-03-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Femme Fatale (Post 2198649)
Don't let voldemort know or he'll just break it.

*Coughs and looks around shiftily*

Jefferson.Meriwether 23-03-2010 06:24 PM

:woot: :yeah: tinterweb is still here :-D

random.swirls 23-03-2010 10:07 PM

I would read, watch TV, socialise and live life more

however I would struggle doing uni work, work work and so on so on balance it would be good and bad

x-dying-inside-x 23-03-2010 10:21 PM

probably cry!

Liar. 23-03-2010 11:43 PM

Go to work and have a life like i do everyday...?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.