RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Footie!! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111435)

consequential 04-09-2009 11:52 PM

Footie!!
 
What football team do you support ???
I support Barcelona most of all and then Im pretty much a Liverpool fan .
:hop: :hop: :hop: :hop: :hop: :hop: :hop:

Enthused 06-09-2009 04:49 PM

Liverpool all the way, although i am ashamed to admit it after the start we have had this season

Too Shy 06-09-2009 11:02 PM

Two teams! This is justified because one is League One, one is Premiership, so they won't play each other, and if they do I'll support my local team.

So yes, Brighton & Hove Albion and...Manchester United! :hop:

And my favourite player is a Chelsea player. lol.

Duffer44 06-09-2009 11:09 PM

I support the circus of the Championship which was the circus of the premiership last season.

consequential 08-09-2009 02:04 AM

^ Thats a crap and ridiculous answer.WHO do you support through thick and thin.

consequential 08-09-2009 02:05 AM

Yeah Enthused ,but we beat Wanderers last game I know where ur coming from though .

Duffer44 08-09-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallifetime (Post 1860283)
^ Thats a crap and ridiculous answer.WHO do you support through thick and thin.

It's not as crap and ridiculous as you may think and i will explain.

I support Newcastle United through thick and thin have done my whole life.

We were turned into a circus by the tub of lard who owns the club we had 5 managers last season up for sale twice in a year. He used Dennis Wise to buy in a bunch of nobodies and are small and aging squad couldn't cope.

This season we are back up for sale Mike Ashley also sold 10 players plus one out of contract and only brought in one player as lovenkrands may as well have stayed. We now have an even smaller squad who will suffer with one injury let alone 3 we had the other week.

Saying all that with all the trouble off the pitch Chris Hughton has done a great job getting us 13 out 15 points and we are on a 4 win streak which i don't think we did at all last season. The players are acting like they want to wear the black n white and we are doing ok.

We will do better now Ashley has finished asset stripping the club now all he needs to do is get out of toon.

__T 08-09-2009 12:40 PM

Easily, the greatest club to ever grace the planet, Arsenal FC.

Benji 08-09-2009 02:06 PM

Port Adelaide!

Woo!

Yeah!



Wooo.
Woo.
Wo.
W.
.

__T 08-09-2009 02:09 PM

That ain't a proper football team :P

consequential 09-09-2009 07:56 PM

Arshavin is a fantasic player for Arsenal ,think hes great stuff,even when he scored 4 goals against Liverpool!!
And Newcastle are top of the Coca Cola Championships at the moment too arent they .

HopeRises 09-09-2009 08:43 PM

I guess the team I support is Swindon Town.
Although really anyone BUT Manu. I have to cheer the hammers anyway as West ham has been my dads team for like forever and I quiet like Arsenal.

Duffer44 09-09-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallifetime (Post 1863619)
And Newcastle are top of the Coca Cola Championships at the moment too arent they .

We are indeed however can you last a 48 game season plus the FA and carling cup with a lot smaller squad than we had last season, when injuries and suspensions come along the Newcastle squad will struggle with such a small squad. We could do with say 3 players on loan now and hope we have a new owner before January and we could finish really strong.

GlitterTrashDoll 10-09-2009 12:27 AM

I watched a football match for the first time ever today.
I can see now why I don't watch it.
^.^

consequential 10-09-2009 01:39 AM

^^OMG IF youre on about England they are playing better than most teams in the world cup ,they are like points and points ahead of us and N Ireland are out I think,well I dont know looks doubtfull anyways.

consequential 10-09-2009 01:41 AM

Champions league next wednesday and the Liverpool game is being televised but what about Barca AAAAARRRRGGGHHH Im torn .

Too Shy 10-09-2009 02:40 AM

England did well tonight, although I didn't see the first half.

The Croatia goal was really awkward, it was a total mess, but apart from that there weren't *many* problems.

And we qualified with 2 games left, so yay.

consequential 10-09-2009 02:52 AM

WELL DONE .Im irish and we have to beat Italy or draw or the second round qualifiers ,me think .The next games in a months anyway .Italys at the top of our group so we have to fight .Bulgaria are next ,they were hopeless tonight ,I mean pathetic.

GlitterTrashDoll 10-09-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallifetime (Post 1864364)
^^OMG IF youre on about England they are playing better than most teams in the world cup ,they are like points and points ahead of us and N Ireland are out I think,well I dont know looks doubtfull anyways.

Yeah thats the one I watched.

consequential 10-09-2009 03:00 AM

yeah I was watching Italy -Bulgaria cos Irish tv would have that on for us but I bet England were great ..I love Steven Gerrrard !! and ye have fantastic players like Wayne Rooney and all.Think its great but ye had an easy group in all but well done anyway .Italy were the world cup winners we had in our group and they played shocking till tonight ,they lashed out two goals.

consequential 11-09-2009 08:13 PM

LIverpool -Burnley ,c'mon The Pool !! 3 o ' clock tomorrow .

__T 11-09-2009 08:47 PM

Arsenal to stop Man City 2-0 tomorrow, even though we don't have Arshavin available. Really surprised by Vermalen's impact and consistency so far.

Enthused 12-09-2009 12:04 PM

I think Arsenal will burn out at christmas time, Liverpool v Burnley will be a good match although i think liverpool will win it will be a tough game

consequential 15-09-2009 01:37 AM

4 Nil Wwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo

consequential 15-09-2009 11:48 PM

Inter Milan - Barcelona

Liverpool- Depreceni

Tomorrow night .Anyone else excited .
Man u played sh*t tonight ,Real Madrid stormed ahead 5-2 ,f*cking hell!!!
With Ronaldo's debut .

consequential 17-09-2009 01:16 AM

Anybody else watching??????????
Disappointing play from Liverpool and no result from Barca ,am sad.But at least Liverpool scored.

Duffer44 17-09-2009 09:29 AM

I was watching the toon game and my gf had the liverpool one on.

Blackpool WTF? how can anyone loose to blackpool it is starting to show already that a small squad is damaging with one player injured and another suspended more so when the two players have been better than a lot of others.

__T 17-09-2009 09:37 AM

Good comeback from the Arsenal last night. Very surprised Internazionale vs Barcelona finished goalless.

Katiee 18-09-2009 02:05 AM

Noneeee :pinch:

consequential 19-09-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1878180)
Good comeback from the Arsenal last night. Very surprised Internazionale vs Barcelona finished goalless.

It was one of the first times lately I have seen a team that could actually play Barcelona ,usually they are worn down .I was very disappointed .They are playing Athletico Madrid tomorrow night ,Fernando Torrres old side .Im hoping they score next leg though....

Too Shy 20-09-2009 12:02 AM

Brighton dropped 4 places today. :(

akita 20-09-2009 04:24 AM

None really and it's called soccer here in Australia. Football is a totally different sport here.

consequential 24-09-2009 03:06 AM

I thought the Champions was tonight .Im a spacer !!!!!!!!!!

Duffer44 24-09-2009 02:00 PM

Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse at Newcastle and with hearing a sale is just about ready to go through Ashley has said if Keegan wins his claim in court tomorrow and wins the max amount (9 million) the club will be forced into administration. Which will cost us 10 points and the prospect of any sale.

The best bit Ashley is using his words to turn the toon faithful onto keegan and it's working all this before a big game to remember sir bobby.

The toon circus gets worse and outsiders seem to love it ><

anyone reminded of leeds here?

xADAMx 24-09-2009 02:27 PM

If you don't get back in the Prem this year then yeah, I can see it being another Leeds and you being royally f***ed!

Also.. this thread makes me LOL. "Oh I like this team, but I also like this team... oh and this player's fit so I watch them too."





Duffer44 24-09-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xADAMx (Post 1890569)
If you don't get back in the Prem this year then yeah, I can see it being another Leeds and you being royally f***ed!

Also.. this thread makes me LOL. "Oh I like this team, but I also like this team... oh and this player's fit so I watch them too."

royally f**ked by a fat cockney c*nt at the moment and if we do go into administration after tomorrows result in court then we will be doing it a little quicker than Leeds.

haha i can honestly say i will never say i support this team and that because they play or they are fit on that ground Man utd would loose a lot of fans on Rooney alone :p

I will be a Toon till i die even if we sink faster than a brick

__T 24-09-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffer44 (Post 1890546)
anyone reminded of leeds here?

Yep, hasn't changed the locals though, they still think they're premiership quality.


Looking forward to Arsenal doing Fulham away on saturday. Doubt we're going to have the same problems as we did there last year, as I think Fulham haven't looked as strong as they did at the same point last year.

3-0

Too Shy 25-09-2009 01:32 AM

I don't think Utd will win the Premiership this year, they're doing well at the moment, but I don't think some of their wins are very convincing, iyswim. I suspect it will be Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool in top 3 places, but then, it is only September still, and Man Utd have improved a lot in the second half of the season for the last 2 years, I think.

Brighton I wanted to aim for top 10 this season, but I think top 15 would be pretty reasonable. On the bright side, the new Falmer Stadium is coming along pretty nicely, it is starting to look like a stadium now!

Also, I don't support teams/players because they are fit. >.< I fail at being a fan because I support Man Utd, but I started liking them when I first got into football. I don't know anyone who likes football, so I've never been to a match and I can't watch Brighton on TV, so I support Utd because I liked the way they played, especially when they had van Nistelrooy, Scholes and Giggs playing together, and Alan Smith also. I think it's a shame Ronaldo's gone because he was a great player, but then he didn't want to be there, and I don't think anyone wants a player who isn't committed, so hey.

consequential 25-09-2009 02:30 AM

Hey Adam theres f*ck all wrong with supporting barca and the pool .
And I dont support any of them cos they are ' fit' .How sad would I be .
Im know loads of those who support those in two seperate leagues ,yeah ??

__T 25-09-2009 02:05 PM

Ah good news for the Arsenal, Andrei Arshavin and Robin Van Persie both passed fit for the weekend, very easy win now imo.

xADAMx 25-09-2009 02:29 PM

Just heard that "Spirit of Shankly" :eyeroll: are organising another protest for the Hull game. Fantastic. Wish they'd f*ck off!



Quote:

Originally Posted by reallifetime (Post 1891405)
Hey Adam theres f*ck all wrong with supporting barca and the pool .
And I dont support any of them cos they are ' fit' .How sad would I be .
Im know loads of those who support those in two seperate leagues ,yeah ??

I didn't say I was talking about you? There was other posts I had in mind actually.

lolly_x 25-09-2009 05:10 PM

hello derby county fan thick and thin.
in the time i have been supporting them we've made 2 plays offs 1 premotion one relegation and plenty of disasterous seasons...

dunno if anyone knows and i hate it and the sentance is band in derby.

We had the lowest points of the premiership ever :(

-jen- 25-09-2009 05:14 PM

West Brom

consequential 26-09-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xADAMx (Post 1891930)
Just heard that "Spirit of Shankly" :eyeroll: are organising another protest for the Hull game. Fantastic. Wish they'd f*ck off!





I didn't say I was talking about you? There was other posts I had in mind actually.

Sorry there !!
Hey we both support Liverpool so brothers in arms !!

Too Shy 26-09-2009 01:17 AM

Hmmm. Brighton vs Bristol Rovers tomorrow. Not expecting a win, but we shall see. Jim McNulty is training again apparently (ankle injury) too which is good, he was already out for the last 6 months with the kidney thing.

Duffer44 26-09-2009 11:45 AM

A big day for both Newcastle and Ipswich fans a like. A special shirt to be worn by the toon which will be sold to raise money for Bobby Robson foundation, Ipswich are renaming there North Stand the Bobby Robson stand tonight. It is going to be an emotional game for both sides.

I'm glad the BBC are showing it live as tickets sold out as soon as they went on sale and i didn't get a chance to get one. Although i might wait to see where they are auctioning off the shirts.

butterfly hearts 26-09-2009 12:43 PM

We had our footy finals in Australia today. It was really exciting!

__T 26-09-2009 12:44 PM

^Wrong type of football :P, but watched it on ESPN this morning.

butterfly hearts 26-09-2009 12:56 PM

I know it's a different type of footy. What did you think of it Mr T? Did you understand it?

Duffer44 26-09-2009 01:52 PM

I've watched aussie football one weird sport however i can watch it and slowly pick up the rules the more i watch it.

I prefer english football more :p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.