RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Survival - The Plumeria FAMILY (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1107)

Margo 26-04-2007 09:08 PM

Survival - The Plumeria FAMILY
 
WE are the PLUMERIA FAMILY - NON Gender, belief, or in any way shape or means discriminatory --- all may join who find a chord struck in their heart when they read this......

Now let me explain the Plumeria part. The Plumeria is a tree that grows here. It blossoms w/ beautiful fragrant flowers which can come in many colours. When it is covered w/ leaves and blossoms it is something to behold. But it is also very sensitive to weather changes. If it isn't humid enough or there isn't enough rain or sun it has no leaves at all. The branches shrivel and it honestly looks like it should be cut down and fed to the chipper. But that would be a terrible mistake because inside it is still very much alive and w/ the slightest change it will look just as glorious again.

I think a lot of us are like that - there are times when we feel all used up. Outside we look lifeless and it seems impossible that we will ever feel good again. But like the Plumeria tree we just need patience - even the slightest change can make us green and healthy again w/ beautiful flowers.

So what do you have to do to be a Plumeria? Nothing special -- no dues, no fancy dress dinners, no exclusive club - everyone is welcome.

You just have to remember the Plumeria tree - have patience and trust that you will grow and bloom again when times are bad and you feel like you are all used up... And help others to believe it about themselves.

Avatar: Lava entering the ocean -
From destruction, creation.
--------------------
Plumeria 4 life
(lovingly posted by our very dear Nailz)

Margo 17-05-2007 12:07 AM

Thank you nailz! beautiful and inspiring as ever!!!

Queen Crabbit 17-05-2007 05:12 PM

IT GOT STICKIED!

(Y)

TouchVanDerBoom 04-06-2007 02:44 AM

Yay, the Plumeria thread lives on! Hello fellow leafies!

Kangaroo 04-06-2007 03:54 PM

thats was such a nice thing to say. thank you

hammy 05-06-2007 02:44 PM

this thread is good xxx

toothpaste 06-06-2007 12:33 AM

..wow thats beautiful

bobidrawpictures 06-06-2007 01:36 AM

that is (i new i should have read threads more on version2) wow aww it made me tearful but in a joyful way needed that tonight

Sharloid. 06-06-2007 02:01 AM

... errr... what?
Why would that strike a cord in anyones heart?
I don't get it.
:(

bobidrawpictures 06-06-2007 02:03 AM

the whole 'have patience and trust that you will grow and bloom again when times are bad and you feel like you are all used up... And help others to believe it about themselves.' refering as i got it to how you will bloom- sorry i sometimes read too much into things but thats what i got from it

Lora 06-06-2007 10:18 AM

why thankyou :) im glad the thread lives on

Accidentally Abstract 06-06-2007 11:34 AM

Awh this is all cute and stuffs!

*Joins the Plumeria family* =]

x

*keeley* 06-06-2007 08:31 PM

i like it!
:)
thanks for posting
*joins*
im a tree :)

Auburn Shadow 06-06-2007 08:38 PM

*joins the family*

I needed this tonight. Thanks for moving it over, Matt.

Spacegirlnz 07-06-2007 10:23 AM

Awwwh. That's so sweet. *joins family*

princesskaytie-leigh 07-06-2007 02:06 PM

Are we still all putting it in our sigs? I have it in mine.

Taff 07-06-2007 03:42 PM

Right.... I think i've said this before on RYL, but.... Out of all the threads i've read, this is....certainly one of them.

Ileana 15-06-2007 02:42 AM

Glad it's stickied. I liked this one.

pea soup 24-06-2007 11:52 AM

needed to read this today.
thank you nailz for writing it and matt for crossing it over!!!
much love.
xx

nailz 27-06-2007 01:57 AM

Thank you -- I feel honored. But the real message here is not about an individual -- it is about us all, not giving up and supporting those who need it when it is needed...

I like to look into natures mirror to find solutions to the problems that I am having -- I find the Plumeria tree to be an example of nature. It does not give up when the going is hard - it hangs on til the climate changes and bursts forth in glory. We can do that too, with practice and encouragement from others.

ameradian 27-06-2007 06:59 AM

can i be a plumeria? pleeeeeaase?

nailz 27-06-2007 04:52 PM

Absolutely - welcome..

ameradian 28-06-2007 09:32 AM

yay! i'm in!

Pomegranate 01-07-2007 10:20 AM

thats beautiful- thankyou for posting it and transferring it over. *joins Plumeria family* xx

concrete girl 02-07-2007 08:05 AM

I needed that gentle reminder.
I'm glad I found it, so thank you.

VitaMia 13-07-2007 12:44 PM

That expresses how I feel. Can I join?

pea soup 16-07-2007 09:07 PM

i really needed that reminder today. its so nice that its stickied.
and yes....EVERYONE is welcome!!!!
xx

~*Rainbow*~ 17-07-2007 12:15 AM

I've jsut stumbled accross this thread and the opening post as made me cry
all those words are so true!
you guys seem like a nice family
Good Luck

Sixx

xxxxxxx

charcoalchild 23-07-2007 10:11 PM

:satisfied:

Thanks, the opening message really makes me feel.. wanted, included. I feel blessed to join.

**** Hugs everyone ****

Mimsy 29-07-2007 01:28 PM

This is so lovely..I'm gonna join :)

well 08-08-2007 05:44 PM

I really liked that.....sounds like something that should be on a poster in my therapist's office.....

veindrops 24-08-2007 06:28 AM

I'd like to be a plumeria too..

pea soup 25-08-2007 09:25 AM

*welcomes all*
and veindrops....i like your username!!!
xx

SallyMay 26-08-2007 09:12 PM

I want to be a sister??? can i???

blujan2002 28-08-2007 05:47 PM

Would it be ok if I joined?

Warrior_x 02-09-2007 11:41 AM

Can I join please?

*Gothic*Angel* 02-09-2007 12:27 PM

can i join please??

battlekitten 06-09-2007 09:40 PM

Wow, I really needed that, I'm so glad it was stickied. Thanks so much for posting I think that's a really good way to looking at things. I'd be honoured to call myself a plumeria.

butterfly525 12-09-2007 05:31 AM

Ohhh I wanna join too! This seems like a nice place :-) Hi to everyone else!

down*in*the*dumps 23-09-2007 01:33 PM

i never found this thread in the old ryl, and i always wondered what it was cause i thought it was exclusive or something. im allowed to join right? im putting it in my sig cause nailz said anyone can join

oh and battlekitten, i LOVE your sig pic. it made me laugh so much hehe

tonightXweXfall 26-09-2007 06:14 PM

Can I join? I saw it people's sigs, and I thought it was exclusive. So, can I join??

yvonne 29-09-2007 08:23 PM

really needed that.....thanks ((((hugs&xxx))))

yvonne 29-09-2007 09:30 PM

can i join.....would be honoured to be part of such a caring family x

nailz 10-10-2007 01:26 AM

All you have to do to join is understand the message and desire to be a part of our family. Feel free to add it to your sig line and welcome. We are always growing and I hope we always continue to do so.

blondiebear 16-11-2007 07:31 AM

please may i join?

the plumeria sounds like my beloved desert wildflowers too. Most of the year the desert is rock and sand and thorns. Then some years if there is enough rain, for a few weeks it is a miraculous display of color and life.

surprising mystery 17-11-2007 08:40 PM

That is really beautiful, interesting and very much relates to me, I will happily join. I never saw this thread on V2 but then I never went into the vets forum.

I hope thats ok :) x

Sugar and Spice 21-11-2007 06:09 PM

I'd like to join - is it ok to put it in my sig too? :)

this too shall pass 21-11-2007 10:50 PM

is it ok if i join?

zowie 24-11-2007 04:16 PM

I've joined because I felt so moved when I read that, and now think of the Plumeria tree whenever I feel terrible.
Thanks, this is a lovely family to be a part of xx

toffeegirl 26-11-2007 11:18 PM

i'd love to join the family. I felt so moved by the piece, it's beautifully written.

Happy to be a part of the family


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.