RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   physically disabled ryl memebers ? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65166)

bexie 22-09-2008 12:14 PM

i have flat feet.
iv never seen it as a dissablity it just means i cant walk to far without me insoles in.

but we are all diffrent and have diffrent needs.
xxxx

BoundNoMore 22-09-2008 02:28 PM

I have cerebral palsy
and I hate... HATE... HATE it!!!! :wailing:

Porcelain Child 22-09-2008 05:01 PM

(((cuddles Amanda)))

I have CCD... so i am glad i am not alone...

Claire...

-Tough-Cookie- 24-09-2008 08:06 PM

I have osteoporosos...which isnt really disabling me as such yet...but i'm in pain now which one day wil probably get worse and il end up in a wheelchair.

perminate pain sux!

High_Voltage 25-09-2008 03:31 PM

hmm well im deaf in my right ear and its abnormally small compared to my other ear. gosh why did i just post that? lol well eh all well. but yea i have one ear smaller than the other ear. if you want to see i can show you a pic of me lol

Coppelia 25-09-2008 04:40 PM

I have a form of bi-polar that I can't pronounce.

Aamanee 27-09-2008 10:33 AM

i think we should have a therd just for us to talk about our disability's in the support forum
it can cover any thing from how we feel about it to disability rights

what do you all think ?

Revival 27-09-2008 11:13 AM

sounds like a good idea

akita 27-09-2008 11:56 AM

yeah its a great idea

griddlebone 27-09-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky T (Post 1097926)
Mmm, I guess I have veeeeeery bad eyesight, I can't see much without my glasses other than a mass of blur.
But I never really saw it as a disability.

I would imagine that there are alot of people like that.

Dicky!

Im the same! people think its funny to take my glasses sometimes but like...i can barely see without them, so its not that fun :|

flying_kiwifruit 27-09-2008 07:24 PM

I have a minor disability, thr cartilage in my left knee doesnt work to well anymore, meaning I can't walk for long distances. The worst thing is I have to watch my mates play games at youth group, and do the crosds country, while I'm on the sidelines not being able to pacipatate.

Heidi Tiger 27-09-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griddlebone (Post 1113124)
Im the same! people think its funny to take my glasses sometimes but like...i can barely see without them, so its not that fun :|

Ditto! I find it so disorientating. Also I know this sounds a little weird, but I really find it hard to hear without my glasses on, I think it's because I have to use so much concentration to try and see.

Aamanee 27-09-2008 09:08 PM

i have posted the thead in the suppot area so start posting away

http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...ad.php?t=66213

Zedebee 27-09-2008 09:10 PM

I'm partially sighted with nystagmus and mild albinism amognst a stupidly named blood disorder
It's not fun

all-hope.lost-forever 27-09-2008 10:49 PM

I have a rare genetic disorder, Have learning difficulties. Also i sometimes use a wheelchair to get around.

akita 28-09-2008 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baby.bop35 (Post 1098256)
Hey guys,

I have IBS and have started a public awareness campaign for people with hidden disabilitites,

if you have facebook =

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16179133537&ref=ts

Thank you and I have joined.

HopeRises 28-09-2008 08:42 AM

I'm glad to hear you all have a place to know your not alone etc

I have a spectrum of learning difficulties and although they don't particually bother me now. Only ADHD still bothers me when I get manic. It was hard for me during my school years.

I think it's really cool that RYL has brought you all together. I realise how slushy that sounds but yeah *nods*

MammaMia 01-10-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimSimm2 (Post 1108141)
hmm well im deaf in my right ear and its abnormally small compared to my other ear. gosh why did i just post that? lol well eh all well. but yea i have one ear smaller than the other ear. if you want to see i can show you a pic of me lol

*huggles* I think one of my friends had two very small ears and had the hearing aid that was in her head or something, and they actually gave her 'fake' ears as it was, so she looked like she had normal ears. Which is cool, because people badly bullied her because of them :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aamanee (Post 1112276)
i think we should have a therd just for us to talk about our disability's in the support forum
it can cover any thing from how we feel about it to disability rights

what do you all think ?

Yes and I'm glad you made one :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.