RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
lexie820

I am currently:
temptation

Yesterday, alcohol was a mere reach away. I visited my cousin (she's thirteen) and went into her apartment...there were open containers everywhere. I wanted nothing more than every drop that was in the place. I have five months of continuous sobriety and this is the first time I've been in that type of situation. I didn't really expect to crave alcohol. I thought I worked a better program than that. It hit me really hard and it's been really tough shaking off the craving. I have alcohol in my house which is even more difficult. I need some support to get me through this craving. I do not want to drink, but...those of you who are alcoholic know what I mean. A head full of recovery does not go well with a belly full of alcohol...so I hear, of course.

Thanks. Support would be greatly appreciated.

-Lexie

lexie820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
Ash*

I am currently:

Why is there alcohol in your house?
Can you not ask someone to have it instead? Or to put it somewhere that you can't get it without them knowing?
How many people know what you're doing? Talk to them about it,it's not something that's easy to give up on your own, jesus, it's ****ing hard.
I suppose you just need to keep thinking about what you're going to get out of not drinking. Why you're doing it, and what you'd lose by drinking?

Sorry I'm not much help,I suppose it's kinda something I'm struggling with too. I hope you get past this and keep going.

x

"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

Ash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
SugarKane
wants to be the girl with the most cake

I am currently:

Hey Lexie, I know what you're going through and it IS really tough, you never know when the old feelings and temptations will creep back up no matter how long you've been sober. It seems to be something that many people don't understand - I don't mind people drinking around me and in front of me, in certain situations, but recently my partner has been having a drink on occasions at the weekend and keeps vodka in our fridge. and I find that bottle so damn distracting, just the fact it's THERE, within reach... same when I go to my parents, they have a small inkling of exactly how bad my drinking was, but make no attempt to hide any alcohol in the house from my sight, open bottles of wine in the fridge etc. I've been sober since April 06 but it is still hard when faced with even the possibility of having a drink. That there's nothing to stop my hand reaching out and pouring myself one, and I see myself doing it in my head and it gets very agitating. I do want that drink but I know I can't have it. The trouble is that alcohol is such a prevalent thing in society that people like us just have to try and battle through somehow and be strong in the face of it. What sort of support around you do you have, do you have people who are fully aware of your problem and so you can rely upon if necessary? Because yes it is very hard to fight alcoholism alone. Please feel free to PM me if you want to chat more, and I hope you get through this ok.

Artychik is my favourite spoon
Furry Rat Mother to .ghost.

SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
lexie820

I am currently:

Well, I do have a good support system. I'm in Alcoholics Anonymous, I go to meetings daily, and I have a sponsor. It's just tough when I'm home alone and nobody is around.

My sponsor says that my mind is a bad neighborhood; I should never go there alone. I get to thinking and that just makes me sicker in my head if I don't get it out, so here I am venting and rambling on.

I just want to ****ing drink. I resent my cousin because she is getting away with what I can't. I know it's a pointless resentment, but nevertheless there it is.

The alcohol in my house is a simple bottle of wine and the only place we can put it is in the refrigerator because all the cupboards and stuff are packed. And, if I asked my grandmother to put it somewhere, then she will start to doubt my ability to stay home alone, etc. I'm turning sixteen next month and I want my damn independence. It's just tough.

lexie820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
phoenix
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

hey i am glad to hear that so far you are able to resist the craving and congratulate u onyr sobority. if u feel strong enough get the alcohol in yr house and tip it away if u think that is too temping then get some one to do it for u, make sure its away from you.

then obviously stick to yr coping stratergies and find other things to ccupy your mind with

phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)