RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 14-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
still hurting

old scars itching and hurting???

so i have a few scars that are like 6 months to a year old, they're hypertrophic scars, so raised and red, but clearly the size and shape of the original cut. well lately they've been kind of itchy, almost like dry skin, but just on the scars, and one of them is starting to hurt when i scratch it at all and has small redder areas where it hurts more. i was just wondering if this is normal scar activity or what it might mean. i'm not really concerned yet, but it is a little strange.

"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles" ~Charlie Chaplin

Old 15-07-2007, 02:57 AM   #2
Aidee

I am currently:

Hypertrophic and Keloid scars can look very similar, and it is possible for keloid scars to spread and grow. Have you tried putting aloe, bio oil, lotion or another cream on the scars? Scar tissue reacts differently then normal tissue and it can dry out easier. It also is affect differently by sun or by tanning if you have been out in the sun a lot lately, or tanning that could play a part into it.

AD

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Old 15-07-2007, 03:04 AM   #3
still hurting

i've try to put lotion or oils on and probably could do it more often than i do, but i've never really had an issue before now, and no i'm not really in the sun much, honestly at first i thought i maybe got a bug bite there but i know it's not, i dont know, it's just weird that after so long the scars seem to be acting weirdly

"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles" ~Charlie Chaplin

Old 15-07-2007, 03:12 AM   #4
Aidee

I am currently:

Try putting lotion or a good moisturizer on them at least once a day, and see if that helps with the itchyness.

The hurting could be from the nerves trying to regenerate, as it takes them AGES to do that in serious wounds. Although that doesn't account for the bumps.

Keep a close eye on the scars and if the lotion doesn't help the itchyness, the bumps get bigger, the pain gets worse, or the redness spreads you'll need to see your doctor, and see if they have an idea of what is going on.

AD

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Old 15-07-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
still hurting

yeah i'll definitely try to take better care for awhile and thanks, it's probably nothing, but i feel better having asked

Old 16-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
Sugar and Spice

I am currently:

I have this problem but the scar in question is normally hardly noticeable. It has been itching a lot lately and gets all red when I itch it. It wasn't a deep cut either...

Old 19-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
Kryptikal
The Time Is Now to Recover MY LIFE!!!

I am currently:

In my opinion it is just the healing process as mine all do that too.
The itch like mad. Just try your best to ignore it or put on some cooling creams to stop the sensation.

Blessed Be
~Kryptikal

Last edited by Kryptikal : 19-07-2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Didnt finsih me post lol

..::Soul Redeption::..KRYPTIKAL__//I'm Here, Wipe away my tears...Everything about you matters now...

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)