Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
Psiren
Apathetic without the 'A'

I am currently:
Cooking

Right, although I hardly ever eat it, I absolutley love cooking. I'm always cooking meals for my mum and my sister and making sure they eat everything up.
I was looking around on websites and a lot of people were saying how much they hated cooking (those with EDs/generally disordered eating) and it made me realise that I love cooking and feeding other people.

So does anyone else do that? Enjoy cooking meals and feeding other people.

Just curious. x

Psiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
plastic rose
tough cookie.

I am currently:

Absoloutely. I love to cook, although I dont normally get to cook for my family, I do bake cakes and stuff all the time and give them away rather than eat them myself. Its very relaxing and fulfilling to cook.

sarah
* pm me * chat * supporters * eating disorders info *
* you don't have to "look like" you have an eating disorder to have one. *

plastic rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
surprising mystery

I am currently:

Oh god yeah, I love baking cakes even if I dont eat them and I love feeding other people with good food. I was like that with my ex, I spose its a bit of a 'mothering' instinct, but I would make nice meals and wash his clothes and make sure he was warm. :S Im a bit strange though

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
SugarKane
wants to be the girl with the most cake

I am currently:

Yep I love cooking too, especially big hearty meals for my man! He's a skinny rake though. And I love to cook for people in general, it makes me feel good, though I'm always terrified they won't like it!

SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #5
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I do that, i always make sure if someone’s eating, they have to eat it all, i always cook, i suppose because i hardly eat myself, i feed others.

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
Keep Smiling
ASofterWorld

I am currently:

i love making food for people! i like to make sure the people around me that i care about are eating lots... i've never really known why.

x x x

go on a journey, & roam the streets,
can't see the way out, & so use the stars.
she sits for eternity, & then climbs out.
she's the glowing sun, so come out.

Keep Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
confuzzled
C h l o e

I am currently:

I llike to cook, but i never get the chance. Don't know if it's related or not. *ponders* =)

xx

confuzzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #8
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

It is actually suprisingly common to find people with eating disorders - especially restrictive eating disorders - focusing on feeding other people, and enjoying cooking. It can be explained (although not completly) as a body coping mechanism - when your body goes into restrictive mode, it's an adaptive mechanism to make you realise how much you need food, like you become obsessed with it. Interestingly, when I was in the Eating disorders unit, watching Ready Steady Cook was a neccessity. We would have to watch it, and although I remember I wanted to watch Neighbours, the other seven patients were far too obsessed with RSC to allow me to watch it!

That is actually one of the ways that other people can chart how I'm doing eating-wise; the more I'm restricting/slipping, the more I cook!

Perhaps you can try to allow yourself something small as well, when you cook for other people - just try to have maybe a small portion of whatever it is you're cooking; the best chefs always try before serving, or so says Masterchef!

Take care,
Jo xo

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #9
browneyedgal

I am currently:

hey :)

i absolutely love to cook as well, especially for my family and although it has always been my passion, it hurts that i cant eat the food that i cook, i have to rely on smell. i really love cooking for my dad because my mum's cooking isn't all that so i try and make up for it. but i hate using recipie books,i just make it up as i go along, im a free style cook i guess, i never measure amounts either. but yeah cooking rocks!

~*~ Luv Shrina ~*~

browneyedgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #10
UsemeAbuseme.
FixMyBrokenHeart

I am currently:

yeah i read somewhere that a symptom of EDs is cooking for others and loving watching others eat what they have cooked.

youre not abnormal, dont worry!!

Jade xx

UsemeAbuseme. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)