RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Sofie

I am currently:
Why Is Taking A Break Such A Bad Idea?

Am really not happy now...

I spoke to my tutor yesterday and told her that I'm going to take a break in September to try and sort myself out. She told me no and said 'you can't just sit at home and do nothing'. Even when I told her I could do GCSE Eglish, she still said no!

Someone please tell me why would be taking a break be a bad thing?

Sofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
~smiling to please you~
Pissed off

I am currently:

I think for some people taking a break just gives them time to sit and dwell on things. I myself can't just sit at home and not work or go to school, if I did, I would sit at home feeling sorry for myself all day long, and just get really down on life. I have to keep myself busy and active, it makes me a much happier person, other wise I feel like I am not doing anything productive at all. BUT, I do believe for some people, that CHANGE is more the route to go, if you want to take a break from school, and you feel like that would help you, then I would suggest do what you think is best, but, maybe go out and get a part time job, so that you continue to stay active, you still have structure in you life, and you arn't "just sitting at home doing nothing" as your therapist said.

Whichever you choose, I wish you the best with it and hope you keep us updated on the situation.
xx
Nicole

"Even if hard work and determination doesn't pay off immediatly, it will ALWAYS pay off EVENTUALLY"

Please feel free to PM me if you need anything

~smiling to please you~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
Sofie

I am currently:

Thank you. I do want to resit GCSe English, so hopefully that will take up quite alot of my time, but I don't know.

Sofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
pebbles
I HATE ME so much more than i will ever hate you

I am currently:

hi
i took 2 months off school and i didnt really enjoy it i got even more depressed cos i wasnt doing that much. plus it was so hard to catch up all my work and im still behind in my coursework. I hate school but it took me having that time off to realise that id prefer to go then be left alone with my thoughts.
but thats jus me if you think that it will help you then you should go for it cos ultimately your more important than your studies. but be prepared to hav to work really hard if you wanna catch up.

xkatex

pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 05:07 AM   #5
wiccanshadows
Confused illusion

I am currently:

I took what I thought was going to be a month or two off school. I was on the verge of a stress related breakdown, so everyone that it would be a good idea. At the end of the month, I wasn't ready yet. At the end of two months.. I still wasn't ready.
After each month passed, it became more difficult to go back. I attempted it just a while ago, and couldn't really handle it.
You get familar with not going, and a lot of people who take "breaks" sadly, don't return back.
My health went worse, and it was the worst thing I could have done actually.

I do hope it goes better for you though, we are all different.

Blessed Be

wiccanshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #6
Enelya
nemo ante mortem beatus

I am currently:

Hey!
Sitting at home, doing nothing but worry doesn´t help with your problems at all.
Believe me, I´ve been there...
Kiss, Liz

"The opposite of love is not hate; it's indifference."
- Elie Wiesel

Enelya is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)