RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
lost in pain

I am currently:
Triggering (SI/Sexual Abuse) - not sure how to cope with it.

I really don't want this to sound horrid or anything, and i am alway glad to help someone or be there for someone and i would always try and help or support someone that needed the help or support in anyway i could and i would always listen to anyone that needed a supportive ear and never turn any1 away.

But lately a fair few people have been comeing to me with there problems or their friend's proplems or asking for my advice or for me to talk to someone that they know about something. and its all the same subject. its all on rape and sexual abuse and self harm and normally i would b ok with this and not get up set or let it effect me, but it has been really getting to me lately. i have been getting really upset about it and finding it hard to cope with. i keep sort of getting angry with it. not with the actual people like, but with the fact that they are all coming to me. why is it me they come to with this subject? it is soooo hard to cope with at times.

just wondering if anyone has got any tips with coping with it all?

lost in pain is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 11-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
Jasmine222222
Squeak Toy

I am currently:

I can't really think of any tips other than to just ask your friends to give you a break. Personally when I'm focused on someone else's problems it helps me forget mine, but what these people are asking you seems like its hitting home more for you.

I hope someone else has something more helpful to say, hehe. And I hope you find a break soon.

Jasmine222222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
surprising mystery

I am currently:

You can say to them that your stressed yourself and cant cope with it all, cos they will understand that if thats how they feel. Tell them you still care but your just not up to talking about such issues. Maybe link them to this site, give them samaritans number: 08457909090. Your doing amazing in that you can realise when you need to step back. xoxox Take care, to help others you need to help yourself. PM me if you need to chat.

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:18 AM   #4
_Cadence_
fvck off. hold me.

I am currently:

I'm proud of you for realizing that you need to take care of yourself! That's not easy to do a lot of times. Could you sit down with your friends and explain to them that while you're honored that they're bringing their problems to you, it's too much for you to cope with right now, and you need a break. As surprising mystery said, maybe you could find some other places for them to get help.
Take care *cuddles*

The following content has been hidden - Reason : trigger?
I won't be on RYL much right now because I'm REALLY triggered, but I'm safe... so don't worry...

_Cadence_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
lost in pain

I am currently:

thanx ppl.

lost in pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #6
abcdefgpie

I am currently:

You just need to gently remind them that you have your own problems and you're finding it hard to deal with their's as well as yours.
If they're good friends they will understand and respect this.
Take care of yourself.
xxxxxx

For what it's worth it was worth all the while. I hope you had the time of your life...

I can see you're sad, even when you smile, even when you laugh; I can see it in your eyes, deep inside you want to cry

~ ddoouubbllee lleetttteerr tthhrreeaaddeerr
~ honourary emma
~ honourary katY [Kat*Y* with a *Y* Club]

abcdefgpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)