Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
brunette007

I am currently:
Triggering (OD) - Am i an alcholic?

Im a 27 year old female, i drink a bottle of wine sometimes every night but mostly every other night. This is through the week, i drink more at the weekends sometimes almost 2 bottle or a bottle and a few beers. My partner also drinks most nights usually abround 6-8 cans of beer. We joke about it saying were alkis but, im actually worried its true, and its no joke. We dont drink through the day, and never hard liquior. Is it acceptable to have a bottle of wine most evenings? What is it doing to my liver? my mind? Im worried we have been like this for a year now. All advise welcome.
thanks

brunette007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
phoenix
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

from what you are saying it sounds to me like you both just like having a drink , and you are doing it together socially so no i wouldnt say that you are alcoholics however if you are still concerned take the test on this site:

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/tests..._alcoholic.htm

regarding your liver it is recommened that a woman should not drink more than 15 units of alchol a week and a man 20. so if you are drinking more than that which it sounds like you probaly are i would advise trying to cut down a bit. if you would like any more adivce feel free to pm me

phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Aidee

I am currently:

If you take any medications that are processed in the liver that can also change the recommend amount of alcohol per week.

As for being an alcoholic, none of us can diagnose you, only a doctor/therapist/counselor can do that.

Do you feel like you need to drink less? Does it upset or annoy you when other people talk to you about your drinking? Do you feel guilty about drinking? Do you ever drink in the morning or drink as a way to get rid of a hangover?

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
brunette007

I am currently:

yes, i sometimes do drink to get rid of an hangover but not in the mornings. I dont wont to go to my gp because im a mother.

brunette007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
phoenix
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette007 View Post
yes, i sometimes do drink to get rid of an hangover but not in the mornings. I dont wont to go to my gp because im a mother.
just cos your a mother and have a thing for alchol doesnt mean that you will loose ya kids or anything they would help you reduce your intake so that you can keep your kids and be a solid family unit, you would only loose your kids if you were deemed dangerious or abusive

phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #6
Crash Override

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette007 View Post
I dont wont to go to my gp because im a mother.
Isn't that more of a reason to go?

Crash Override is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #7
peacewings

Can you go a day or two without it? If you can then I'd guess it isn't a problem..but maybe go to the doctors if possible? If you can't do it for yourself then do it for your child/ren *hugs* xx

peacewings is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)