Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:
Keep waking up at the same time

Agh i keep waking up at the same time about 2am - 3am every night for about the past 2 weeks. Its not good because I'm in the middle of exams! Does anyone have any advice?
xxx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 05-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
plastic rose
tough cookie.

I am currently:

The exact same thing has been happening to me, although for me its because I'm on new meds which have messed up my sleep. But its very common for people with depression or who are stressed to wake up in the early hours of the morning. Try not to get too stressed about it, because that will only make it harder to sleep.

Have a nice hot relaxing bath before you go to bed and try to relax and not do anything stressful before bed. If you do wake up, try to go back to sleep right away, but if you have been tossing and turning for half an hour and can't sleep, don't stay in bed, get up, and make a cup of tea, some hot chocolate, a hot milky drink can really help. A snack can help too because hunger keeps you awake and by 3am, it's been many hours since you last ate. Stay up until you feel sleepy again, and then go back to bed.

I know it's horrible when you can't sleep, I had to do an exam on 4 hours sleep a couple of weeks ago, and it is very stressful, but try not to worry too much, just do your best. Periods of bad sleep happen to everyone, there's not a huge amount you can do, and getting anxious about it only makes the problem worse. It's helped me to accept it, then have naps in the middle of the day, that stops me getting too sleep-deprived. If its really bothering you, it might be worth going to the doctor, they might be able to give you some sleeping pills or something.

Hope things get better soon. x

plastic rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
FallingStar
~*Music Obsessive*~

I am currently:

My tutor said once it helps to tense and relax you're whole body before you sleep... Eg. starting by tensing and relaxing toes, then feet and work you're way up.

Get into a routine. Go to bed and the same time everyday..

Hope it gets better for you soon...

FallingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
Paperdreams.
..honey.

I'm in the middle of exams too, and finding it hard to sleep. As someone above said, going to bed at the same time will help, and getting into a rountine. Make sure that your room is not too hot or too cold, because apparently that can disrupt your sleeping. Other than that, try and not get too stressed out about exams - I know it's hard! Don't do any revision a couple of hours before you go to bed.

Good luck with the rest of your exams!. xo

"When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.

Paperdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
felicity

I am currently:

Tea is good before you go to sleep, just make sure it's caffiene free. I use chamomile or peppermint tea. If you're studying it also helps to not study in the same room.

I hope you get some sleep.. one of the best things during exam time.

"In a Wonderland they lie,
Dreaming as the days go by,
Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream --
Lingering in the golden gleam --
Life, what is it but a dream?"

Taken from Alice Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

felicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:25 PM   #6
raistlin
Strong Survivor

I am currently:

Ah, that sucks. I don't really have much else to tell ya besides what was said above. That happens to me sometimes as well though.

raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
*&& She's Just Forgotten
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off! (hmm)

I am currently:

Oh i can totally relate to this. When i was going through my exams, exactly the same thing started happening to me also. Round abouts the same time too which is uberly strange.

I agree with everything people have said up there ^^^. It is usually stress related. The way i got round this problem, was try to relax as much as i could. Instead of doing my revison right ontop of the time i went to bed, i did it about 3 hours before hand. Then i would, have a bath and listen to music. I would read a book in bed, with a drink of tea. This helped me to sleep right through the nights most nights.

Maybe you could do something of this sort? Maybe do revision a little earlier, then have time to unwind yourself. Do somethings that you love doing. Be it reading or listening to music like me. having a hot drink just before you sleep.

I hope your sleep patterns start taking a turn for the good very soon, and good luck with your exams hey !

Take care and much love
Caz x

It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight...

*&& She's Just Forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
Insouciance

I am currently:

Hi

I agree with everything that the other's have already said, but I have been told that if you wake up and look at the time then your brain 'stores' that information and automatically wakes you at the same time the next evening/morning - and that that has happended to me. I suppose that worrying that you are going to wake up during the night may, subconsciously, be causing you to wake up as well.
Sorry that's not much use really but I thought I'd share it with you as it may help.
Good luck with the exams - I hope that they go well for you and that you are able to get through the night without waking up.

Take care

Ruth

Insouciance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

Thank you for everyones advice xxx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
akita

I am currently:

I hate not sleeping all through the night but what i suggest for you is mayhaps some herbal sleeping tablets.

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #11
*crimson_blade*
it's always you and your big dreams

I am currently:

i don't sleep that much, it's quite annoying so i know how you feel lol.

i climb, i slip, i fall.
reaching for your hands but i lay here all alone, sweating all your blood.
if i could find out how to make you listen now, because i'm starving for you here.
breathe for love tomorrow cause there's no hope for today.

*crimson_blade* is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)