Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 29-03-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
Animad

FORUM INFO - *PLEASE READ* New First Aid Service and Reminder of First Aid Forum Rules

Hello,

After several weeks of planning and discussion it has been decided that from now on the First Aid Team are going to provide further advice, as a team, away from the First Aid Forum for users. This is via a PM system under First Aid Team. Every First Aid Team member has access to this account and it can be used for any query allowed in the First Aid Forum. The aims of this is to provide quick access to a member of the First Aid Team whilst it remaining private to the rest of the RYL community. Any advice sought, or given, will remain confidential within the team. Users should receive personalised advice within a 24hour period and often much quicker than that. Please be assured that though all FA Team users have access to the account, only those deemed able to answer certain questions will be allowed to. This service also allows FA Team members to remain nameless if they so feel though if they want to they can sign off with their name/ username at the bottom ofthe PM. If you want to carry on PM'ing queries just with that user you can fwd the PMs to their own account or you can continue PM'ing the unified account though this may be slower to get in touch with an individual member due to the fact that we don't recieve email alerts from that account.

As well as First Aid/ medical queries, the First Aid Team account should now also be used for recruitment queries.

All queries regarding moderation of the First Aid Forum should, however be sent either to myself or the Forum Mods (often via Post Reports). Only myself can deal with moderation, no other member of the First Aid Team and the First Aid Team account does not have moderator powers to prevent abuse by others so PM'ing this account will potentially only delay action and reduce confidentiality regarding complaints.

This account is now open and can be PM'd but over the next few days the replies may be a bit slower on there whilst the team get used to the account.

It has also been noted that recently that several rules have been broken so I have decided to take this opportunity to remind people to re-read the rules too. Also the final rule has been altered to clarify that ONLY members of the First Aid Team, no other members, can discuss medical problems or give people advice regarding questions on the FAF via PM. This is something we take very seriously due to the potential for the wrong advice to be given out and the potential for phishing for information. Also, can I remind people that if a thread has not had any posts within the last couple of weeks, people should no longer reply to it unless they are the thread starter. If there are replies later then this then the thread may be closed. This is to ensure that threads don't get bumped if they're no longer relevant especially as often the questions asked on here are of a sensitive nature and users often don't want to be reminded of them at a later date.

Finally, threads or posts will be edited, closed or even deleted if they break the rules depending on the rule broken and the nature of the rule breaking.

As said, if users want private first aid advice then please feel free to use the First Aid Team PM account. People can still post questions publicly on the First Aid Forum as ha always been the case since it opened.

If anyone wants to discuss anything written on this thread then feel free to post below or PM myself.

Kim, First Aid Advisor

Last edited by Animad : 29-03-2015 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Clarifying something
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 29-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #2
First Aid Team
RYL First Aid Advisor

There we go, this is the new account.

Kim

-RYL First Aid Team
All advice given is the view of the individual member themselves and may not represent that of the team as a whole. Users of this service must understand that advice given is NOT to replace professional advice given to you by a medical professionalIn the case of an emergency then please contact your local emergency services or emergency care providers rather than rely on advice given here.

Old 29-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Awesome. :)

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 29-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #4
First Aid Team
RYL First Aid Advisor

You can still use the FAF, that's absolutely fine. This account is an additional service that people can PM to get advice privately but also not having to ask a specific user for whatever reason. As 4 members have access to this account then hopefully replies will be faster, though not in all cases.

We're not taking away any of the services already available (though I'd like to remind users that we do not like to deal with emails) and members can still PM specific team members by their personal accounts if they would prefer to. It's just about giving users more of a choice.

ON the odd occasions when FA team members reply on the FAF with this account, like I am at present because I can't be bothered to change to my own account, they should always include their names at the bottom of the post (though that is not the case on PMs).

Kim

-RYL First Aid Team
All advice given is the view of the individual member themselves and may not represent that of the team as a whole. Users of this service must understand that advice given is NOT to replace professional advice given to you by a medical professionalIn the case of an emergency then please contact your local emergency services or emergency care providers rather than rely on advice given here.

Old 29-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #5
Animad

Nope, it's not a stupid queston at all, I didn't make it clear and am just about to change the post now.

Yep, it's just instead of PM'ing a specific member so people don't have to feel like they're bothering a certain member or for those who aren't sure who they should PM

Old 02-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #6
Animad

*bumps*

Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 PM   #7
Animad

Im just posting to let you know that I'm not going to be around as much for the next few days especially but also in the longer term as things are getting busier in general the next few weeks. I will try and be around as much as possible android will reply to any PMs but may be a bit slower than usual.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)