Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #141
Icecube. Swirls
Meera <3

I am currently:

I did get triggered but I was pleased that I actually watched it. I believe that it is a very good series to watch as it helps normal people to understand mental illness a bit more.

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #142
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile as glass View Post
I really hope this series highlights the shortcomings in adult mental health care. How many adult units would allow TV cameras in to see how they work?? Not many I guess or else they would have done it by now. Moving on from CAMHS sucked for me.
As mentioned earlier there was a show last year that looked at an adult ward in Nottingham. The three people that were shown were males etc.

As soon as I saw Krystal I thought about Jani there were so many similarities I was a bit confused in that I didn't think she was making it up as she really seemed to struggle but I wondered if this was a common theme?

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #143
Revolving Door

I am currently:

There is 3 episodes.

Revolving Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #144
Cacoethes
☢Monsoon poultry hospital☢

I am currently:

It seems that things have moved on since I was under CAHMS.
I was diagnosed with psychotic depression and stuck on anti psychotics at 13 and diagnosed with schitzophrenia and put on clozapine at 15!

I'm glad they appear to try other things first now.
Although she did look quite drugged up....

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #145
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by random.swirls View Post
As mentioned earlier there was a show last year that looked at an adult ward in Nottingham. The three people that were shown were males etc.
I wouldn't know about last years tv as i was on a locked PD ward, on section 3 in la la land!

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

fragile as glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #146
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

Oh and my virgin media guide says there's 6 episodes

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

fragile as glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #147
Tig

Ooh, I missed the one about the adult ward in Nottingham too. Lame!

Never give up on giving up

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #148
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I think it was called sectioned and focused on 3 men who were inpatient in Nottingham

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #149
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by random.swirls View Post
I think it was called sectioned and focused on 3 men who were inpatient in Nottingham
Yeah, thats what it was called! It followed a guy that had no furniture in his house who was towards age 60 and used to be a doctor or something-he had bipolar...an african american guy who stopped taking his meds and was at high risk of self neglect, think his daughters were on the show too-he had schizophrenia...and another guy.
I thought it was pretty good when I watched it as like others have said, males dont get much "publicity" mh wise (compares to eds and adolescent fenales with eds...).

snailonvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #150
Serendipity.
HANNAHONTAS

I am currently:

Sectioned was good I thought, but it was first shown about three years ago I think (repeated last year), so it has been a while!

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
~ L.M Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Serendipity. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #151
cloudedmind

I am currently:

I've seen Sectioned, too :) I thought it was interesting. Thought tonight's episode ended on a positive note which was nice :)

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #152
The girl who dissapeared

Been wanting to post something like a reply and my experiences with the mental health system after seeing dont call me crazy.

When I was 16 (im now 28) I was sectioned under the mental health act and put in a unit with all adults. Closest to my age was about 25. I was kept under close quarters for about a month and after that I had about another 4 months in that hell hole.i didn't understand properly what was going on and medication wasn't really consulted with me, I was just trialed on many different things till they found what 'works for me' I don't think the young adult mental health units existed back then but I could have done with more company my own age and not being treated like a full adult when I'd only just left school.

My experiences with the mental health system since that have been no better ( about 5 in total, vairing in length) with a particular incident in Bodmin mental health unit where I was restrained, and shoved down a corridor then to be stuck with a needle in my ass because I questioned what medication they were going to give me , in front of about 6 other patients ( they objected) some of the staff there were truly dispicable.

In short you have all your human rights stripped from you the moment someone says 'your under section.'

I have NOTHING positive to say about the mental health system.

The girl who dissapeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #153
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

The OT who was amazing towards me when I was inpatient appeared in Sectioned. Think he must work on quite a few different wards.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #154
Comatose.

I am currently:

Is it wrong to be jealous of them?

I should have been in there when I was 13, I tried to, but my parents worked in my school as respectable teachers and wouldn't allow it.

Is this why it makes me angry watching it? Especially angry at Beth, I don't know why I think she's attention seeking. As awful as that sounds, and as much as it goes against everything I think of mental illness.

I really want to adopt Jill though :(

Comatose. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #155
Clive

This was really interesting to watch and I enjoyed the experience of gaining an insight into the McGuinness Unit.

Clive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #156
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl who dissapeared View Post
Been wanting to post something like a reply and my experiences with the mental health system after seeing dont call me crazy.

When I was 16 (im now 28) I was sectioned under the mental health act and put in a unit with all adults. Closest to my age was about 25. I was kept under close quarters for about a month and after that I had about another 4 months in that hell hole.i didn't understand properly what was going on and medication wasn't really consulted with me, I was just trialed on many different things till they found what 'works for me' I don't think the young adult mental health units existed back then but I could have done with more company my own age and not being treated like a full adult when I'd only just left school.

My experiences with the mental health system since that have been no better ( about 5 in total, vairing in length) with a particular incident in Bodmin mental health unit where I was restrained, and shoved down a corridor then to be stuck with a needle in my ass because I questioned what medication they were going to give me , in front of about 6 other patients ( they objected) some of the staff there were truly dispicable.

In short you have all your human rights stripped from you the moment someone says 'your under section.'

I have NOTHING positive to say about the mental health system.
Bodmin unit has gone now, it is just a general Hospital.

Myimmortalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #157
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife

Beth irratates me, I don't know why but she just annoys me SO much. I wanted to just hug Gill though

Myimmortalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #158
sherlock holmes
It's just a trick. A magic trick.

There's only 3 episodes so the series has finished now.

I found it interesting with the guys this week, and how they are typically angrier and more reluctant to talk than the females.

Though with the guy (George?) who played rugby, he suffered from depression and he mentioned voices that told him to quit rugby and stuff. They put him on antipsychotics but I dont think he was psychotic, I think he was suffering from intrusive thoughts.

I'm glad that Beth recovered enough to be discharged though.

I'm laughing, I'm crying, Sherlock is dying.
//
You think, as you walk away from Le Cirque des RÍves and into the creeping dawn, that you felt more awake within the confines of the circus.
You are no longer quite certain which side of the fence is the dream.

Contact the Supporters

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #159
ferretmonster

I agree with the intrusive thoughts but he doesn't have to be psychotic to be on anti pyschotics,

I dont know if it was because they were boys or because I'm in a different mood but I didn't feel as much for the episode

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #160
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

I am currently:

I'm just starting to watch the series, it looks more interesting than I thought it was going to be. :)

Field Of Paper Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)