RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #1
CodeBlank
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

I am currently:
Triggering (Sexual Abuse) - childhood abuse

Okay, so, i have a few problem, as does everyone else on here. And, i know why i have a few problems, or atleast i think i know why.
When i was younger, i lived with my mother and father, my father was a very abusive alcoholic, i used to have to watch him abuse my mother, beat her up, threaten to kill her, and i also have to live with the knowledge that if it wasnt for him, i would have had an older brother.
one day, when i was three, i decided i wanted to try and do something about it, so i came down the stairs on which i had been sitting for hours watching him abuse my mother, and i shouted at him to stop, i watched him turn, walk towards me, and hit me so hard he knocked me off my feet. ive never forgotten that, nor have i ever forgotten the many times afterwards when he would come into my bedroom at night and get into bed beside me...he would whisper disgusting things in my ear and touch me, even now it makes me want to be sick, i was so scared, i held my breath and closed my eyes hoping it would all go away.
i have constant nightmares about it, and history had repeated its self with my ex, im just so used to stuff like that, that it doesnt knowingly affect me anymore, but i know that im just blocking things out, i know i must be doing something wrong, sending out some sort of signal that makes me deserve it....i just dont know how to stop it.

It breaks my heart, To think we were that close to happiness, Then we lost everything, In that one, silent moment. You're eyes said it all.

CodeBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 02:20 AM   #2
Jesse

Yeah I know what you mean about the nightmares. I have nightmares of my dad too. I see a big man..He's stomping towards me..And then it gets very gross. >.<
Just know that you're not alone, sweetie!

Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
Victim+Of+Hate
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

hey sweetheart,
you're not to blame for the abus ehunny!Nothing you have doen could ever possibly mean you deserved it.Nothing.Okay?.i'm sorry you had to witness that at such a young age.And be a victim of it.Could you explain about how you may have an older brother? *hugs*you don't hvae to but it may help ...
Do you speak to a profesional like a counsillor or something about the nightmares/flash backs? Often people are scared and think that talking will make it worse,but the majority of the time talking helps a lot.
My PM box is always open sweetie.x

chels.x

Victim+Of+Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
ghosts in the machine
coimeádaí rún

I am currently:

Hey hun, I'm sorry you had to go through that, but Chels is right - you didn't ask for it, or deserve it, or make it happen in any way.

A few years after the original abuse I managed to get myself into an abusive relationship, I guess most people would call it. And I know history can repeat itself, but it's not our fault. You're not sending out a signal, anymore than I am. And you're right; it's so hard to believe that - but it's true.

Take care of yourself sweetie
xx

For those doubts that swirl all around us
For those lives that tear at the seams
We know… we’re not what we’ve seen

For this dance we’ll move with each other
There ain’t no other step than one foot
Right in front of the other

~ We're marching on... ~

ghosts in the machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)