Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
rara avis

I am currently:

Talaiporia,
The voices told me. I think I'm safe. I have to do this to eradicate the Spybots, I know where their base is.
I saw my psychiatrist, he wants me in hospital but I said I didn't want to go. It's a voluntary hospital so he can't make me go.
I just need the courage then this will all be over.

rara avis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #22
talaiporia
Head Supporter

I am currently:

I don't think you should listen to the voices. It sounds like they're trying to hurt you. You need to listen to your psychiatrist. I think it would be a good idea for you to go into hospital at the moment.

Does your partner know what the voices have told you?

You haven't come this far to fall off the earth.
RYL Supporters

talaiporia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #23
Patch.
babysteps

I am currently:

Rara, how are you now?
Worried about you.

The voices and the spybots are trying to hurt you. Try not to listen to them. Show them you're stronger than them

Sometimes there's things a man cannot know
Gears won't turn and the leaves won't grow
There's no place to run and no gasoline
Engine won't turn
And the train won't leave

Patch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #24
rara avis

I am currently:

Talaiporia, thanks
It's so hard not to listen to Them when they are there all of the time. I'm trying not to at the moment. My psychiatrist rang me and said they had a bed at the hospital on Tuesday and it's got my name on it, it's up to me whether or not I take it.
I don't have a partner.

Patch. Thank you.
I'm having a hard day, I'm running on one hours sleep. Thankfully I don't have any study that needs to be done this minute.
I'm trying not to listen to them but I feel I need to so I can get rid of the Spybots for good. I'm trying t be strong, trying to use logic.

Thank you both for your support, I've been feeling really alone with this.
I hope you are both well.
Rara

Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #25
Duck

I am currently:

I think you should not do what the voices say. They are not truthful. Is there anyone you could check this out with?
You need to stay well to look after your rats and do your course.

Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #26
Steel Maiden
Leave my Tesla coil alone!

I am currently:

Rara? How was the appointment?

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 (international classification for diseases, psychiatry section) or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-IV-TR BOOK and the BNF, and have a developing but fairly large knowledge of psychopharmacology.

I have Asperger's Syndrome so sorry if my communication is not appropriate.
I am a pharmacology student now in UCL.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #27
rara avis

I am currently:

Duck, thank you.
Not many people in my life know I have schizophrenia and the only person I really feel comfortable talking to about it is my psychiatrist. He helps me out.

My rats are great, their names are Shadow and Echo. Shadow is an adventurer and very inquisitive she likes playing whereas Echo is quite timid and hides a lot.

I turned down the bed my psychiatrist was holding for me but there's going to be another one in a couple of days, he's put me back on the waiting list and he really wants me to take it. So I'll probably be going in soon.

Ryan is excited about looking after the rats while i'm gone of course my mother will make sure he's doing the right things. So that's reassuring.

Old 17-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #28
talaiporia
Head Supporter

I am currently:

Sorry, think I got confused. I think it would be a good idea to take the bed on Tuesday if you can, or whenever one becomes available.

Aww, rats. Plus, those are cool names. I saw a website where someone had Guinea Pigs names after antidepressants (like "Zoloft") which was cute.

You haven't come this far to fall off the earth.
RYL Supporters

talaiporia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 05:39 AM   #29
Steel Maiden

I am currently:

Rara, I hope that things will improve for you soon. But I think that hospital could help if it is a short-term stay. Is your psychiatrist going to review your medication? I think it is best not to listen to the voices. Sorry to hear things are so tough right now.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 (international classification for diseases, psychiatry section) or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-IV-TR BOOK and the BNF, and have a developing but fairly large knowledge of psychopharmacology.

Old 17-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #30
Duck

I am currently:

I think it is best to go to hospital if your psychiatrist says so. It usually saves worse trouble later. Are there things you could take to make it less boring? I like colouring books.

Your rats sound ace. Wish I was allowed pets where I live.

Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #31
rara avis

I am currently:

Talaiporia,
No worries.
I'm going into hospital this afternoon, a bed became available. I'm quite nervous even though I've been there before.
I'm going to miss my rats, I'll be trying to get some leave to come home and look after them even though Ryan and mum will be doing their bit.
That sounds cool with the guinea pig names. I once knew a dog named Prozac.

Thanks Oly,
Yeah I think my psychiatrist will review my medication, so we'll see what happens with that. I'm trying my best not to listen to the Voices but it's so hard when there is no reprieve.

Duck,
You are right, I don't want to get any worse. I will be taking in my laptop, books and things.
Yeah I love my rats. I hope one day you will live somewhere that allows you to have pets. They can be great for mental health.

Old 20-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #32
Steel Maiden

I am currently:

How is it going today?

Old 20-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #33
roiben
Insanity let loose

I am currently:

Hello Rara,

I am so sorry I have not been around here as much recently, and am sorry to see you are struggling. Know that I am thinking of you, and sending strength and support your way.

I have read through the thread, and I do agree with the others that going into the hospital may be the best thing for you at the moment. It would allow you time to rest, and get some help for the voices - as well as focus on any medication changes that may be needed to help with them.

What do you think about the voices and what they are saying, as I am inclined to think the voices are dangerous, and prone to lying, so listening to them can't be doing you any good.

Are you able to use your logic list? Or write a new one for what is currently going on for you?

Roiben x

If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we wouldn't.

Emerson Pugh

My blog:
http://roiben-losttime.blogspot.com

roiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #34
rara avis

I am currently:

Oly, thank you.
I'm coping I suppose. I'm in hospital. The staff are nice and I know a few of them which makes it easier. I'm not sure what is happening with my meds, my psychiatrist is thinking about where to go from here.

Thank you very much Roiben.
Don't be sorry :)
I try to remember that the voices are a part of the schizophrenia, but sometimes I get so lost in everything and can't seem to tap back in to reality. I'm more in touch right this minute which is good. I hope it lasts.
I will write a new logic list as my other one is on my wall at home.

I'm spending most of my time in my room, i may try to leave it more often. I will talk to my psychiatrist tomorrow about medication.

Old 21-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #35
Steel Maiden

I am currently:

I'm glad that the staff are nice and that you know some of them. I think a meds review would help.

Keep us updated.

Old 22-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #36
rara avis

I am currently:

Have only managed to leave my room once today.
The voices are saying horrible things and the Spybots are everywhere.
I left my room to see my psychiatrist and during the appointment he mentioned the name of a drug he thinks I may end up taking (i don't remember what it was called) but he wants to try some others first due to serious possible side effects.

Everything is so loud and overwhelming...

Old 23-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #37
rara avis

I am currently:

I'm so tired, I've hardly slept in weeks, I have to be alert. I'm struggling with eating too, partly due to fear it has been poisoned and partly eating disorder stuff.
The voices are so loud and constant, music is only helping a little bit. I feel watched all the time and I'm sure there are cameras around the hospital and in my room. I spent a while looking for them today but couldn't find them, they must be really small and well hidden.

Old 24-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #38
rara avis

I am currently:

I saw my psychiatrist today and I'm being started on aripiprazole 10mg. He suggested olanzapine but I've heard from other patients that it can cause significant weight gain. He admitted that was a part of why he chose it which annoyed me a little. We'll see how it goes.

Old 24-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #39
GrimSavage

I am currently:

If nyone saw what I posted before I apologize...I only saw the one page...I do hope things go better for you...

Last edited by GrimSavage : 24-02-2012 at 05:36 AM. Reason: I only saw the first page, didn't realize there were 2

"I'm in control of my darkness. At least, I hope I am."

GrimSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #40
Steel Maiden

I am currently:

I think the rate of severe weight gain in Olanzapine is less than 60%, but over 90% do gain weight unfortunately. I put on some weight on Olanzapine but I manage to keep my BMI within the healthy range.

Anyway, I hope the Aripiprazole helps you. I'm on 10mg Aripiprazole (as well as my 20mg Olanzapine) and it has helped me, mostly in terms of negative symptoms (Olanzapine seems to have helped more with my positive symptoms).

I personally don't think that there are cameras hidden, although I know how real it feels to you.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)