RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Puck
Ultreya

I am currently:
Helping the abused inner child

A member of staff told me about this and its got me curious, its about acknowledging and helping the child within you that was abused and almost helping them by comforting them. Im willing to give it a go.. i notice my inner child is more behind the wheel than i am (for example, i got a meaningful hug off a member of staff, its the first affectionate hig i've had since my abuser, my mum did hug me infront of nurses to create a good impression however they;re cold and not loving, i just melted into her when she hugged me and it nearly brought me to tears as i havent really grown up with it, this was the staff member who mentioned helping my 'inner child') and im willing to work with it to comfort it and help myself and the grief of never being a child its meant to help abuse survivors, i was just wondering whether anyone else has done this?? I know it sounds all new agey but im just curious really, i actually wound up thinking of those of you with DID or similar dissociative problems and how you help the younger ones, how do you help comfort them, help to try to make them feel safer and so forth. I hope this doesnt offend anybody, sorry if it does. i hope you're all bearing up, look after yourselves.

"It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit"
-J.R.R Tolkien

Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2

I am currently:

i dont really dissociate but do have days where i feel 'little' sometimes i am back to myself at 5.
I like to draw and cuddle lots of soft toys to comfort me when im feeling littler.
On a baad day my ducky is always with me, i take him everywhere.
I've have been told before to treat my young me as a kid who needs justice who needs looking after and needs to be allowes to cry. treating her as someone helps sometimes because i dont really care about myself but care immensly about others and will do anything to stop them being unhappy.

if that makes any sens?

long road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #3
lozza
just trying to fly εϊз

I am currently:

my counsellor told me this and I actually find it quite helpful... it also helps me to seperate myself from my past when I was being hurt

when something happens that reminds me of the past or that I let my inner child write about it (with my left hand... it has something to do with how the brain works..) and then in my right hand I reply to the child in me, acknowledging them, telling them they are not alone and are safe now

I find it really helps me

hope I explained it ok...

sometimes being strong means not holding back the tears but letting them fall
~˙·٠Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ٠·˙~

my fur baby girls are my life <3
r.i.p my beautiful girl jackie. i will love you always no matter what - 6/5/10

lozza is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)