Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-08-2007, 03:59 AM   #1
Kallisti
I wonder.

I am currently:
Triggering (Sexual Abuse) - Definition Question and Related Problems

I just realized something about my abuse.
First of all, it can't be called abuse because I was 7-12, and the other boy was 8-13.

But what I realized was that he may have actually been abusing me, not just us playing games. He may have been taking deliberate advantage of me.

And it's really making me feel like ****.

*Curls up and cries*

"When I was a little kid, my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so when I was six I did..."

Kallisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
bloodletting
wish someone cared enough to stop me....

I am currently:

sweetie you have every right to feel like crap about what he did to you..and yes it can be called abuse. he was doing stuff to you without your consent, and he was at the age where he definately knows right from wrong. and as you said yourself, he was taking advantage of you.
have you spoken to anyone about this? counselling might be a good thing hun.
take care xoxoxox

Do not follow the common path.....go where there is no path and leave a trail.....

bloodletting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
perfection is a flaw

*hugs* i dont think it matters how old he was, or if he knew right from wrong (which at that age he should) if he was abusive towards you then its abuse. regardless of age. like you said he was taking deliberate advantage of you. anyone making you do things against your will, be if by force or manipulation is abusing you.
i hope youre ok xx

perfection is a flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #4
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

My abuser was the same age as me (give or take a few months). It was still an sexually abusive relationship, no matter what the age of him was. I remember a particularly bad science lesson *shudders*.

I firmly believe it is something wrong in their brain that they are born with. Age has nothing to do with it, although some are better at suppressing it until they are much older than others.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Please do not pm me without permission as I find getting PMs very stressful.

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
~JellyBaby~
*Recovered*

I am currently:

Honey, age doesn't really come into it unless you're both tiny and neither child has any objections, then its not abuse its experimenting, but he was at an age where he knew it was wrong and you weren't consenting therefore it is abuse. The fact that you are beginning to think that the games were a method of taking advantage of you confirms this. It was wrong, it was abuse and it most certainly was not you're fault. *big hugs* I know how hard going over the abuse can be, and I strongly suggest you see someone about it, a counsellor or therapist. Good Luck hun, PM anytime. Love, Amy xXx

My RYL Family *hidden_pain*, purexcocaine
My Other Family (now named IRONICALLY HAPPY) Andyk, Knight, annihilate_me.
My goodness!! How long has it been!?
Message to all who knew me on here, and anyone else who's interested; if you want to get back into contact PM me for my email, I promise I'll keep an eye on them. I won't be posting around on the boards very often anymore, because, I'm pleased to report, I have recovered :)
<3 Paramore<3 "The truth never set me free, so I did it myself"

~JellyBaby~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
Kallisti
I wonder.

I am currently:

Well, I didn't really have objections cuz I was a really insecure kid and any attention was good. I know I never told him "no", never even thought it, actually, but it just really f***s me up to think he actually knew what he was doing.

Actually, scratch that. I did tell him "no" once, and he agreed (it was late at night on a sleepover) but we woke up in the morning and started again.

All these years I thought he was a curious kid who knew a bit sexually, thought up games to play and that we played them in a twisted sort of innocence...but thinking he did any of it on purpose, deliberately taking advantage of my insecurity -- and it seems really likely, in retrospect. When it was only he and I, I was fun to be around, we'd do things. When our other friend was around, I was the odd one out. They both knew that I hung on their every word so they'd purposefully take advantage of me (in non-sexual ways, just playing normal unsick games.)

And just seeing him talk to people (because he's a member of my extended family, we see him fairly often) is painful because I can see this calculating, cold mind behind it all. Everything he's putting up is a facade....and that just clutches my heart. A few days ago it did right as I was kissing my girlfriend and....oh, it hurts.

I feel weak.

"When I was a little kid, my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so when I was six I did..."

Kallisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
sapphire hearts
Maybe it's too late to live and feel safe

I am currently:

*hugs*
I kinda understand hun. My abuser was the same age as me too, a few months older, and I didn't really get a chance to say no either. It's a horrible thought that there are children out there who are already absuers, that they have already hurt people. He was in the wrong, and even though it was a horrible experience that no one should have to go through, it's over. Maybe you can't ever forget about it, but you can come to terms with it after a fashion.
I agree that you should get some counselling if you havent already had any. You can get through this hun, you have everyone on RYL behind you. You're so much stronger than you think you are. *hugs*
take care and stays safe doll.
xxx

Ask me mistakes I have made
Ask me whether what I have done is my life

Others have come, in their slow way -
And some have come to help, or to hurt -

Ask me what difference
Their strongest love or hate has made.

sapphire hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 06:33 AM   #8
Good_Enough

I am currently:

I've heard it said that many times when a child is abusing another child it is because they have been abused themselves and therefore think it is okay or something.

But whatever the reason, it is still abuse and can still be damaging, and I'd suggest that you find a therapist to talk to about it.

You aren't weak, you are allowed to feel hurt. I'm sorry that it happened to you, and I hope you can find yourself someone who can help. *hugs*

Why after everything can I just not forget and move on?
Why after feeling more content does everything crash down around me and I start to hate myself again?

What's a girl to do when she's not strong
When everyone who holds my hand gets cut from all the thorns

Good_Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #9
Chrissyann

I just want to second everything that's been said above. No matter what age he was, it still classes as abuse if you didn't want it to happen. And although you say you didn't say no (apart from once) he should have been able to tell from your body language at the time that it was something you didn't want. Because if it was something you agreed to, it wouldn't be upsetting you the way it is now. I'm sorry it happened to you hun, and I hope in time you can come to terms with it.

Take care hun
*hugs*
Chrissy
xxx

Chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)