RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
xgx

I am currently:
feeling stupid but panicking

We found like 50 ants in our livingroom tonight and i hate them i know its stupid cause its just ants and we will get rid of them but im freaking out,i like my house clean and tidy and now im convinced it needs cleaning rite now and its like half past 12 a night.and im convincing my self there going to be all over my house.i meen maybe it was my fault for not cleaning properly. i feel **** and scared,haha that sounds so stupid.

xgx is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Hugs Given By :
Old 04-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Porcelain Child
The Name Is Claire..

I am currently:

I get like that, when i see a spider i think if theres one in the house there has to millions lurking around.. I know its hard and you are freaked out, but maybe you could just check the room you are sleeping in to ease your mind and then do a clean tomorrow..

Porcelain Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
xgx

I am currently:

theres no ants any where else and we blocked the bit where they came in i just freak out because i think ive not cleaned enough which makes me feel crap lol

Old 04-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
Pierrot
No big deal

I am currently:

Though it's not completely true, ant invasion is popularly associated with poor housecleaning, so, given that having a clean house is really important to you, it's no wonder you're a little freaked out. If this is important to you, it's legitimate, and deserves your attention. You are not stupid.

But don't feel bad about yourself by any means, because it's not true that ants only come into homes that aren't totally clean. Ants are drawn into homes primarily because the climate inside your house is more comfortable and more regular than the climate outside. It doesn't have anything to do with whether you did a good enough job cleaning. Even the most spotless home offers ants opportunities, and they will take them. So this doesn't reflect badly on you at all.

Have you called a pest control service, or are you going to try to get to the bottom of it yourself?

Abyssus abyssum invocat

Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
xgx

I am currently:

we have sealed of the hole but going to put more stuff on it when we get osme but so far theres no more ants.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Pierrot
No big deal

I am currently:

Since you've tracked them back to where they're getting into the house, look around and make sure there aren't any other spots they could be getting in. Seal carefully around the doors, baseboards and windows. Vinegar, Vaseline or chili sauce like Tabasco, put liberally around windowsills and baseboards, will help keep them out, too. Good luck. :)

Abyssus abyssum invocat

Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
xgx

I am currently:

Yeah we have done all that
ty for the advice :)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)