Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
Riku3323
~Emo_Love~

I am currently:
Triggering (SI/Suicide) - please help me. My friend, I'm so worried,

Iím worried about Katelyn, she said something that worried me today she said quote ďSometimes I wish that someone would break into my house and kill me,Ē and it reminded me of me right before I tried to kill myself. I donít want to tell on herÖbut I think I have to. She seems happy, but so did I when I was suicidal. I donít know what to do. I donít want to hurt her, but Iím afraid that telling will hurt her; Iím also afraid that NOT telling will hurt her. She also has this cut on her arm, and she said it was an accident, but Iím beginning to think sheís lying. I donít know what to do for her. Sheís putting up a front, making herself look happy, but sheís not. She has a lot up cuts on her, and she says they came from her dog, but I donít know if I believe that anymore. I'm so worried about her...I don't know...do you think I should tell someone?? I'm afraid to. becuase I'm afraid if I tell I'll push her over the edge and she's try to kill herself. it feels like I'm walking on eggshells...I'm so worried....

help this broken soul of mine </3

Riku3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

:( What a difficult situation.

Really - if you're thinking she is suicidal it should not be a secret. Are you able to talk to her about your concerns, and tell her that you're worried, suggest you go to a counsellor with her or that she should tell an adult? I do think you should tell someone. Sometimes when this happened to me I told my friend that I was worried and I had to tell someone, and if she didn't then I would.

I don't know, I hope someone else can give you some advice because it is a tricky situation. I too worry that it might push them over the edge, but also, if something bad does happen you don't want to think back with regret knowing you could have stopped it? At least if you tell someone - and she does get "pushed" closer to the edge - people will be aware to watch her closely and keep her safe.

Sorry, I have rambled. Please tell someone - it shouldn't be burdening on you being the only one who knows, and if you tell an adult hopefully they can help. I don't know who you want to tell but, it might help to give them some factsheets or information about "how to help someone who is suicidal" so they can react appropriately too.

All the best xxx

I belive in you.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

I think that this is one of the times when you try to talk to her, but if you can't reason with her, you tell the grownups... it may make her hissing mad at you for awhile, but its worth it if what you suspect is true. Definately talk to her first though.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 AM   #4
Riku3323
~Emo_Love~

I am currently:

I'll try to talk to her, but for me personally, when ever someone talks to me about cutting or suicide I freak out and feel like their attacking me....do you think she'd freak out if I printed this out and showed her? and what should I say so she doesn't feel like I'm attacking her

Old 01-10-2009, 01:29 AM   #5
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

If you printed it out & showed her, do you think she'd be upset and a bit more scared? Just, personally, if someone was talking about me on a forum I'd be (initially) shocked. I think perhaps you could write a letter to her, instead? If you're worried of attacking her and feel you cannot begin by speaking. As for what to say, the internet has some good resources, maybe have a read of the tips here?

I belive in you.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Riku3323
~Emo_Love~

I am currently:

thanks I didn't get a chance to talk to her today, she was around people all day, and I didn't want to bring it up in front of everyone. but maybe tomorrow, I can't wait much longer, this is making me want to SI. I've been snapping this stupid rubber band all day, the pain feels good, but not enough.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)