RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 21-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
sillystring

I am currently:
getting dizzy, etc

So every time I stand up, my vision just sort of fades out for a few seconds.... I'm on medication to raise my blood pressure and pulse and it seems like I'm almost normal as far as those go now, so I don't think it's related to that... and I try to stand up slowly... and I've been drinking fluids alright.... If I'm standing up for too long, I also get that dizzy/lightheaded feeling, but I haven't actually passed out again yet.

I've been eating more than I normally do, I know it may still not be enough, but I've had orange juice and some applesauce this week, and some coffee drink my roommate brought me.... that's a lot more than I normally have, so I doubt it's from me not eating enough.

What else could cause my body to be doing this all the time? It's been going on for the past couple days now, but is getting worse each day. I just started taking a new medication two nights ago, a sleeping pill to help me sleep cuz I was having such bad panic attacks before bedtime due to nightmares... I think the pill is called temazepam... could the new medication be doing this?

If you get rid of the pain before you have answered its questions, you get rid of the self along with it.
--Carl Jung

Old 21-07-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
~invisible~girl~

According to MedlinePlus, dizziness and lightheadedness are common side effects of Temazepam. And I would guess that having a history of low blood pressure and heart rate, even if you're on medication for it, and not eating very much probably increase the risk of dizziness since they can cause it on their own. It might be a good idea to talk to your doctor about it, since you might be able to try either a different medication or a different dose of the same medication that might have fewer side effects.

Old 21-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
Sans Peur

If i am honest i think the amount you are eating will notbe helping.I do not know anything about the medication but could you possibly go to your doctor to speak to findout what the cause is.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)