RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #23201
whirlpools

Good luck, Lottie, I'm sorry you're not feeling good, we're here if you need to vent.

Days Gone By, I agree with Lottie and Mari... I think you're best off being honest about your feelings to your psychiatrist, both about wondering if meds might help you with impulsivity but also about your risk of overdosing. Maybe you can come up with a solution together.

*Hugs everyone who'd like a huggle*.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #23202
LozzyGirl
I'd rather be, anything but ordinary, please.

I am currently:

I have a thread in the serious discussion board.

Terminally Sad
R.I.P Nan. Love you always.

LozzyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #23203
whirlpools

The following content has been hidden - Reason : The BPD distraction list:)

The BPD thread distraction list

1. Watch TV/DVDs/programmes/etc - I love doing this, it helps me to distract myself from everything and just focus on what I'm watching :) I tend to get obsessed ;p

2. Play music really loud & sing/scream - this is really good, too, 'cause screaming the lyrics and just listening and focusing on a song helps tons!

3. Have a cup of tea - can be very soothing, and it's tasty, and warm :)

4. Read a book - it can be very helpful to read books when you're having a hard time, it can be anything, a magazine even too! Just something to focus on and enjoy / be interested in. :)

5. Text/call someone - I do this muchly!

6. Have a bath with favourite bubble bath/scent etc and candle lit.

7. Go for a walk and admire small things that are beautiful but often go unnoticed.

8. If you have a pet, have a cuddle with them or take care of them.

9. Make a collage using pictures from the internet/magazines etc to display how you are feeling.

10. Make a collage/poster on recovery and your goals/aims/dreams etc.

11. Play a game, such as an App on your phone or on the computer. This can help bring your focus away from whatever is going on.

12. Use some non toxic paints and paint pretty patterns on your body/hands.

13. Sing - apparently it's impossible to think and sing at the same time. (Now you'll try that out!)

14. Do a puzzle.

15. Play an instrument or if you can't play an instrument, consider learning to play an instrument.

16. If you like writing, decide on a random title yourself or use a story generator to start off a fictional story.

17. Go on comedy websites (such as Today's Big Fail http://www.todaysbigfail.com/view/20120318 )

18. Find your favourite film and snuggle under a duvet with your favourite film.

19. Reach out to someone and offer them some help.

20. Do a Random Act of Kindness for someone, anyone, that happens to be around. Alternatively, 'pass on' an act of kindness that someone has done to you.

21. Bake fairy cakes and ice them (or bake anything!).

22. Get a huge piece of paper/stick loads of bits together and just throw paint at it, Jackson Pollock style.

23. Take photographs of random things in your flat/house/room, or go for a photo walk.

24. Make a glitter jar/cake in a jar/positive affirmations in a jar.

25. Go on YouTube and watch old people's reactions to Dubstep.

26. Make a 'wellbeing toolbox' - get a shoebox or a bag, decorate it and fill it with things you can turn to when you're feeling overwhelmed, like favourite music, letters you've received from people, little toys/bubbles, sweets etc.

27. Do some gardening, or make an indoor pot of flowers to take care of.

28. Jewellery making...you can buy lovely but cheap beads on ebay

29. Puzzle books..word search, crosswords etc

30. Colouring, you can get cheap books with intricate designs which are totally absorbing

31. Cleaning and tidying...not nice to do, but a sense of achievement when done

32. Paint your nails - you won't be able to use your hands to harm yourself with for a little bit.

33. Be daring - work on your anxieties by facing them and book yourself into a course/activity you've always wanted to try. Take a friend or family member if you can and feel it would help. It will help you expand your interests and even maybe your social circle.

34. Do some exercise... buy a skipping rope or a dance DVD and get going. Exercise releases endorphines, the same chemical that is understood to be released when you self harm.

35. Teach yourself Mindfulness.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #23204
offlineforever
Left RYL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine. View Post
Katy, yeah, this guy is trying to diagnose me after two appointments. My GP doesn't want me diagnosed with BPD though and we discussed the cons of it at my appointment today. What's happened now? Have you been diagnosed?
Yeah, my current official diagnosis is Borderline Personality Disorder, Moderate Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and as a random side note for their use- Chronic Ambivelence (That is so they know I'm not just refusing treatment for the sake of it!)

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #23205
LozzyGirl

I am currently:

Hey everyone.
I'm feeling a bit better now. I've managed to sort out what happened.

Terminally Sad

Old 23-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #23206
offlineforever
Left RYL

Glad to hear you have sorted things out Lorraine.

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #23207
Reki
Darkshines

I am currently:

I'm glad you are feeling better Lorraine. :) *hugs*

I'm sorry I haven't been around in a while... I've been very busy this week, and not feeling too good, but I'm better know.

I hope everyone is well. x

I'd fly away to a higher place
to say words I resist, to float away, to sigh, to breathe... forget~

Reki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #23208
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

Shes been on facebook now and again, but i dont know anymore than that sorry.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #23209
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Colbertface View Post
Yeah, my current official diagnosis is Borderline Personality Disorder, Moderate Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and as a random side note for their use- Chronic Ambivelence (That is so they know I'm not just refusing treatment for the sake of it!)
Heh. Hope I don't get diagnosed. That's quite a comprehensive list!

& thank you for the welcome to the thread.

Lotti (is that right?), thanks. I was surprised she hadn't heard of it but it turns out that quite a few people haven't. She doesn't want me to have BPD though because she doesn't agree with the term 'personality disorder' and things. The ED guy was supposed to get back to her but he hasn't, surprise... so we'll see what happens on Wednesday.

Laura, that's a great list of distractions :).

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 03:54 AM   #23210
Hollz
Daffodil

I am currently:

Hi there, everyone.

Look, I'll make this point short, sweet and kinda to the point.

I love this thread and for the last couple of years, I've been subscribed and every day I get an email of all the posts and I read them.

I feel part of this thread even though I am not posting, those I haven't spoken to before, I feel I know. I may not have spoken to you directly but through reading your posts every day, I can grasp persay how things are going.

I don't want people to think I am stalking the thread, which is why I am posting now. If you don't know me then whilst that may be great for me, I aint going to cast any illusions. I have BPD like everyone who posts on this thread. I've told some horrific lies in the past. Lies that were brought to the frontline on this thread. Lies that probably destroyed the integrity of this thread for many months. It has taken a long time for the BPD thread to get back on it's feet. I am proud that it has. Everyone who posts on here, I can relate to.

This thread aint about me though and although I said it at the time and I was messed up in the head, will say it again. I am truly sorry for the comments I made on this thread a few years ago. There is no excuse for it and I served my suspension on this time in good faith. After that time, I was too ashamed to post on here.

After talking to several people who frequent this thread, I was told that it would be okay too post again. Several people I know never forgave me at the time and here I send direct apologies to Rowie, Cheyl and to Dani.

I offended others and others forgave in time. I talk frequently to Mari and Lotti on social media websites and have asked in the past if they would object to me coming on here, answer no. Time has past, let bygones be bygones. To Carrie, well she is my best friend in the whole wild world. I saw her respost on here, change name etc and tbh I felt like a stalker.

I was reading this thread every day for the past few years, I may have not have posted as I felt I had lost that right. I feel now that I deserve another chance, and anyone who posts here who I have spoken to agrees. As for Carri folks, she is doing great, just great and whilst atm she isn't posting then she is thinking of you guys.

I want to contribute on this thread. I have said some here and I add my sincere apologies for lies I told in the past. I was ill but you know what, there is no excuse for the stuff I said. I hope that people can forgive me, if not than they can live with the fact I am here, have changed and just want to help others with Bpd.

I respect the opinion of anyone on here though. Mari started this thread many years ago now, she is a good friend of mine and has forgiven me but I don't expect that from everyone. I want to go from someone who reads this thread every day, to someone who contributes.

I will only do that though if people are happy for me to do so. I reallty hurt people who post in this thread a few years ago in a big way. I am not asking for you to accept or love me, but just to perhaps tolerate me contributing to this thread.

If their are any serious objections then I will walk away, but a lot of my close friend post here, either frequently or from time to time and I would like to contibute. Any problem with that then I will accept, has taken me long enough to post and I want to post here yeah, but if it causes anyone any discomfort then I will refrain.

Again, for everything I said in the past, I sincerely apologise.

Wish everyone the best and if no objection, will post on here on a regular basis.

Take care,

Holly.

Something has changed within me, something is not the same, I'm through with playing by the rules of someone elses game. Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep, its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap....
Somethings I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know...
Big hugs to all my friends on here, thanks for your constant support - love you guys

Hollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #23211
~Grace~

Hi Holly and welcome back x

~Grace~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #23212
Gone.

Hi Holly, I don't know you but hi.

& I'm glad that Carrie's doing okay.

Left.

Old 24-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #23213
Hollz
Daffodil

I am currently:

Thanks Rowie, means a lot and hi to everyone else. Carrie is okay yeah :)

Heading out to the football but will post later on tonight.

Hope everyone has a good day :) x

Something has changed within me, something is not the same, I'm through with playing by the rules of someone elses game. Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep, its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap....
Somethings I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know...
Big hugs to all my friends on here, thanks for your constant support - love you guys

Hollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #23214
Gone.

Enjoy the football!

Left.

Old 24-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #23215
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

If im honest holly as ive probably said before people have came and went since then so most people now wont remember.

God im getting old ha ha

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Old 24-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #23216
Tig

Welcome back Holly :)

I agree with Mari, I'm sure most people weren't really around the thread at that time.

Anyway, I think it must taken a lot of courage to post again and I hope you enjoy the football.

Shine - Yep, it is Lotti. I hope the ED team get back in touch with your GP soon. It seems they can be so useless at times!! Good luck with your appointment.

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #23217
ferretmonster

I suspected you were lying at the time, we were never particularly friends or not friends, your friends here have accepted you back, personally i don't care either way but i probably won't believe a word you say. I don't mind you posting here but don't expect love and kisses from me.

anyhoo I've been scrubbing the rat cage to death as the weather is good today, my knob of a brother is out and shall probably come back get pissed and b a bigger knob with his friends so i shall shortly be hiding all my stuff away to prevent any vandalism.

ohh my hedgehog has been eaten all the food and i watched a wee mousey this morning :)

Tig, Rowie, Mari, Dash how you doing?

Shine i hope wednesday goes ok for you.

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #23218
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

Im just stressed with uni work, i have til the end of the month to finish my project and get it ready for testing. On the plus side i only have 2 more pieces to do, on the bad side everything sounds rubbish to me but i dont have the time to start again, project was more difficult that i thought!

How are you claire?

Glad your feeling happier dash :)

Old 24-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #23219
ferretmonster

glad your doing well dash, although go careful if it is mania x also must be a relief to get that appointment sorted!

good luck with the project Mari!

I'm good thanks, just been painting the kitchen cupboard doors.

unfortunatey dash i mean garden hedgehog (or maybe fortunatley depends how you see it) but i feed them :) rats only in my house.

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #23220
LozzyGirl

I am currently:

Hey everyone.
Hollz - I don't know you as I'm pretty new to this thread, so I have no problem.
Dash - I'm glad you're doing good.

Well, I could be better today. Still having depressive episodes because of what happened the other night, and yesterday. (Those who have read my thread in serious discussion will understand) Going to my cousins tonight, I'm not really looking forward to it, but my mum thinks it will do me good. Going to get my mum to phone my Psych on Monday when they're open to ask for an appointment ASAP. I need more help than what I'm getting. And this time I know what I am asking for.
I would like to be put on some stronger medication. Although this medication has done well in the past, just lately it's just not quite doing it's job. I would also like some therapy based at my BPD. I'm under 18 (By like.. 3 months) so I can't actually be treated for it. But I would like some form of therapy aimed at it, as it is becoming a huge problem.
I've never really had any idea of what help I've wanted before.. Don't know what to make about the fact that now I do.. lol.

Terminally Sad

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)