RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #1
slambrini

I am currently:
"how can you hurt yourself!?"

a question ive been posed by parents and friends; they say 'we just don't understand how u can hurt yourself'. it baffles them. and in theory it baffles me- a few years ago i would have been the same. the idea of causing oneself harm and enjoying it is a concept thats hard to grasp.. I do normal things now in my life compared to a few months ago when i couldnt get out of bed, but i also take kitchen knives to my arm (which dont cause much harm), hoping it will bleed and bleed..... yet this is part of my normal life.. am i going insane???????????

slambrini is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 09-01-2008, 01:03 AM   #2
crazykat
Fight for another day

No you are not going insane. I think that maybe coz mopst people don't know about self-harm it can be hard for them to comprehend why we would deliberately do this to ourselves. You are not alone in this, all I can say is maybe try and sit down with them or write a letter and explain things. Take care
Kat xxx

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:04 AM   #3
behindblueyes
Will gladly climb your walls if u meet me halfway

I am currently:

You are not going insane hunny.
A lot of people feel the way you do.
I understand about you depression being so bad and not seeming so bad after you started harming.. its just unfortunately a bad coping mechanism.

Take care
x Kate

behindblueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:26 AM   #4
Spoons

I am currently:

your not going insane at all. People who dont self harm always find it hard to understand those that do. ive been asked so many times, how can i hurt myself? and even when i try to explain they just dont get how dragging a blade across your arm or burning yourself or whatever the chosen method can make you feel better. i guess its one of those things that you can never truely understand unless you've been there yourself.
But your not going insane, self harm is something that is part of an increasing amount of peoples lives. Its a coping mechanism after all, maybe not the best in the world but it helps us to cope.
On another note its great that you are doing better than a few months ago.
x

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)