RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #1
RescueIsPossible
Halie

I am currently:
reverting to immature behavior. (contains abuse)

I'm 19 but was molested from 11-12 then about a month after it stopped was raped by boyfriend and his friend.

A lot of times when I get really upset., I kinda revert back to when I was young like I was having a bad day the other day and did things I shouldn't have and was talking to someone and they said I was just having a bad day we'll my response was along the lines of "bad me" has anyone else been like this. I don't mean to do it just kinda happens. Normally realize it after the fact when reading back through messages

RescueIsPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 03:22 AM   #2
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

Is the reverting interfering with your relationships or your ability to function?... I think that everyone does things that they don't really understand and sometimes thinking a ton about them just makes a problem out of something that was odd but unproblematic. That said, if it is causing problems for you, I would find someone professional to talk to about it besides just using RYL.

What you're describing doesn't seem unusual to me though. I know a couple people in real life who do that to some extent and a lot of people on ryl whose style of writing dramatically changes based on where they are mentally.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 03:47 AM   #3
RescueIsPossible
Halie

I am currently:

its more of how i think.

Old 13-02-2015, 03:48 AM   #4
RescueIsPossible
Halie

I am currently:

its not something that has only happened once but happens often. like when im upset i kinda have a tantrum type thing like a 12 year old would.

Old 16-02-2015, 07:30 AM   #5
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

I agree that it doesn't seem all that unusual.
As Katie said, it seems to cause you a lot of distress and it might be a good idea to talk to a doctor or counselor about it.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #6
RescueIsPossible
Halie

I am currently:

Will be talking to her about it. Just wasn't sure if others had experienced this

Old 16-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #7
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

I experience this - I was about 4 when my abuse started and was 18 when I was last raped and I will often revert to an age somewhere between the two in times of stress. I'm fairly good at keeping it inside if it's something that's going to be really obvious (eg when I revert to a very young age I tend to cuddle a stuffed toy and suck my thumb), I was never very tantrummy and tended to be a quiet person anyway so it often won't be too obvious when it happens.
I think it's pretty common though, but worth talking about if it upsets you or is impacting negatively on your life.

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 11:25 PM   #8
RescueIsPossible
Halie

I am currently:

That would make sense with the stuffy as I have a stuffed horse I have to sleep with. Just hate feeling like I'm back to being 12 again

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)