RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-05-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
Piano
Chris

I am currently:
I need help. Tonight. Quickly. Please.

I'm 17. Under Florida law, that's a minor.
My partner is 23. I don't need judgement based on the age difference please.

My partner is a resident of Massachusetts.

my mother is really. really abusive. both emotionally and physically. I'm a gentle person and she yells and screams at me, telling me how much of a failure I am even though I never raise my voice. She hits me. pushes me. drags me by my clothing. Regularly tells me to pack clothes and buys me bus tickets to nowhere and drops me off to "teach me a lesson".

I can't live here any more. I'm tired of being screamed at. I'm tired of being hit, of her destroying items that I purchased with my own money that I earned from my own job.

I have to get out of here. I need to run to Mass.

17 is legal in Mass. If I'm there am I still a runaway? Can they still drag me home? I can't come back to this place. I can't do it. I can't sit in my bathroom and cry and cut because of her any more. And I can't ****ing involve the police. I can't do that. Not an option.

Piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 04:37 AM   #2
troubleshooter

Honey I think if your mother reported it you would be considered a run away and taken back. When is your birthday? Can you maybe stay with a relative or friend's family for a few months? Then go to Mass? Also, I don't know who your partner is or how long you've been with him/her, but that is risky. You don't want to go across the country to find someone who is also abusive, or someone who isn't real.

Farewell the Ashtray Girl
July 12, 1987-April 30, 2010

Eva Flies Away
December 3, 2007-October 31, 2011

troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
Piano
Chris

I am currently:

i cant run. ive been reading laws all night. id get caught and taken home. im sure of it.

ive been with my partner for a little over a year. we know eachothrs friends, eacothers parents. this i sa real relationship. we arent just a fling.

i dont know what to do any more. i f i stay here ill keep getting hit
if i report her my brothers will be ataken away and she doesnt tret them bad like she treats me

i cant ruin their life

Old 17-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
Frail Existence
Wide awake.

I am currently:

*HUGS* Im sorry. I really dont know what to say. But I did read it and I care. Tell somebody else? Usually when one is taken from their parents, they try to place them with one of their relatives if both possible and safe. Maybe tell them that. Should tell somebody!!! Seems like sticky situation. How are you doing now?

These kicks take me far away my dear;
Far away from myself
Far away from my troubles
Far away from heaven

Frail Existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 05:45 AM   #5
Piano
Chris

I am currently:

I'm doing okay. I held my ground and stayed home... and there was a bit of a situation last night right with my mother. She's really upset with me right now but I think that what I said to her is hitting her like a brick - and it needs to. if she wants me to care about her at all she needs to start caring about me and for once, and I know it's horrible, but I'm glad she's crying because of something that I can't change just because it's me.

Someone at school caught wind about my home situation and told the counselor at school and they called me down to talk. Honestly I was so afraid because I thought my mother had come to the school to pick me up (which she never does, but I'm never called down, either). And I sat there and I just burst into tears and sobbed and begged them not to call her. And they didn't. And we talked.

No solution. But a talk is a start.

Old 19-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Frail Existence
Wide awake.

I am currently:

Thats good you are doing ok at least. Dont have to answer this, but what was it you said that seems to be hitting her like a brick? I dont think its horrible. Not horrible when people cry, situation may be but really not your fault she doesnt care.

A talk is GREAT though!!!! Takes courage to talk :) Are you going to go back and talk to the counselor? It would probably be very helpful! Im so proud of you for talking. Please do and try to go back to talk to the counselor.

*HUGS*

These kicks take me far away my dear;
Far away from myself
Far away from my troubles
Far away from heaven

Frail Existence is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)