RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

I am currently:
Just Bored...... *Possible Trigger*

I have EUPD , Chronic Depression and anxiety and am really not coping well right now , but if I reach out for help I get told I'm "Just Bored" .I remember Last time a Psych Doc told me that I ended up in hospital .
I know there are no beds.
I know the CMHT have been stripped to the bone.
But surely , surely someone has something more helpful to say to me than "You're Bored" Or as my current Locum Psych told me 2 weeks ago "everyone has good and bad days" those things make me feel palmed off and not being taken seriously .

Sorry this went a bit ranty .

Anyone else get told this sort of thing?

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Yes, in the past and sometimes now I get "you're probably just bored" and "it's normal to have ups and downs" which can be incredibly frustrating to hear when you're not in a good place mentally.

Why don't you feel like you're taken seriously? What would happen for you to think they were taking you seriously?

A few years ago unless I was put in hospital I always thought the CMHT weren't taking me seriously. But now I can recognise that hospital wasn't always the best course of action for them to take. And sometimes they offered me things that I just didn't think would help and so refused or didn't engage.

What support do you have right now? Have you learned any coping skills to help when you feel mentally unwell?

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 04:09 AM   #3
Serialangel

I am currently:

I know that feeling - it makes it feel like no one gives a crap. I found that I had to reach out over and over again for people to take me seriously. I was also lucky to know I had a couple of professionals on my side.

Is there anyone you see regularly for talking therapies? I also try to keep in touch with my close friends and partner, the people I can trust. I don't like talking about it, but I like to see them and watch films with them with them knowing I'm feeling crap, it helps me get out of my head for a bit but also means that I know I can bring it up if I feel like it. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way (Pink Floyd)

Serialangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #4
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I got told "everyone has a dash of autism, you don't have anything to worry about" when I told a locum psych on the ward that I have autism. I am not high functioning ("moderate functioning" according to my neurologist) so when this locum said that I felt like punching him.

But instead of getting angry, I turned around and walked off, deciding not to involve msyelf with him again.

A friend told me not to bother arguing with fools as they're not going to learn.

However if these comments have an impact on your treatment and support then you should complain, or get an advocate to help.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

I am currently:

My advocate left , not to be replaced , It's rural here so I get to see a Dr every 4 months and because of cuts I get my SW once a month max.

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:45 AM   #6
CrazyCorgiLady
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

I've stopped bothering with crisis team or CMHT for this exact reason.

CrazyCorgiLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:48 AM   #7
CrazyCorgiLady
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

The crisis team had me go inpatient on 4 separate occasions. Then I got my BPD diagnosis and nobody wants to know. My old CPN told me I needed to get over it. I hate how we're treated, like we're less worthy of help because of those three magical words :(

*empathetic hugs*

CrazyCorgiLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)